Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Legends Game
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:08 am 

So this weekend I headed off with a few mates to The Emirates to watch Arsenal Legends vs AC Milan Glorie.

I have to admit it was an absolutely sensational day out, Far from the toxic atmosphere that has enveloped Arsenal
in recent months!

There was certainly something very special about watching your heroes rolling back the years!

And what was most evident and wonderfully surprising was that they have still got it! Nigel Winterburn had a cracking game,
Still as tenacious as ever! Overmars despite a loss in pace still had that touch, Cygan had his best game ever in an Arsenal shirt lol
But to top it off was the link play between two of my old favourites in Bobby Pires and Freddie Ljungberg!
Also wonderful to get to see Anders Limpar who i was far too young to really remember as a kid watching The Arsenal.

Some of the fluid passing was stunning and it was an absolute honour to watch all over again, If only Henry, Bergkamp, Wright and Adams could have made it.

Highlight of the day.... Pires goal was sensational and Kanu hat trick was superb... But.. sitting in the north bank behind David Seaman
and the whole crowd chanting his name loudly and frequently like when we was at Highbury as well as seeing his reaction to it was wonderful.

This is what football is about!

Would you guys like to see similar at your clubs?

I'd like to see this on an annual basis with various clubs!