Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:45 am 

I thought of an idea about sides that are left unmanaged, molested and/or deserted I would love some opinions on.

So if a side becomes unmanaged the computer then puts weekly bids in for that sides original players (who are at other sides managed or unmanaged) in hope to get the side back to its real life squad and appealing to manage again. Obviously all the unmanaged bids made to unmanaged sides will be automatically accepted.
So if say a Chelsea side becomes unmanaged then in order to make them more attractive, in the time they have been unmanaged the computer puts random cash bids in for Chelsea’s real life players to other sides with the unmanaged ones all get accepted. Obviously acceptable cash offers. The bids made to managed sides then are obviously up to the selling manager.

I believe this would be a good idea because a new manager wants to take an unmanaged aide, it’ll be as similar to the real life side as possible which is why people want to manage certain sides at the start of the game to begin with. Obviously when a side becomes unmanaged the computer resets the clubs bank balance anyway, so there will be funds to do this and also further to accommodate this, the computer would also sell the non real life Chelsea Players at the Chelsea side via the UE t.list to help fund this as well. But I would recommend it doesn’t sell its pot players.

I know what people will say, why should someone’s hard work be undone? Well no one should really benefit from someone else’s hard work, I mean I wouldn’t want to inherit someone else’s side and claim the glory. I’m sure most feel like this, plus I believe most looking for another side to manage in the same game would prefer to take one on as original as possible in order to reshape them how they want.

What do you think?

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Last edited by Math on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:14 pm 

i think its time ue seriously did something about managers that take teams fuck them up by selling there best players then dumping them after 5 turns because they cant win a game.

thats why unmanaged sides are not appealing and thats why some teams have better reserve sides than some teams first 11.

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 pm 

VFL Wolfsburg wrote:
I thought of an idea about sides that are left unmanaged, molested and/or deserted I would love some opinions on.

So if a side becomes unmanaged the computer then puts weekly bids in for that side original players (who are at other unmanaged sides) in hope to get the side back to its real life squad and appealing to manage again.
So if say a Chelsea side becomes unmanaged then in order to make them more attractive then in the time they have been unmanaged the computer put random cash bids in for Chelsea’s real life players to other unmanaged sides which will all get accepted. Obviously acceptable cash offers.

I believe this would be a good idea because a new manager wants to take an unmanaged aide, it’ll be as the real life as possible which is why we want to manage certain sides at the start of the game to begin with. Obviously when a side becomes unmanaged the computer resets the clubs bank balance anyway, so there will be funds to do this and also further to accommodate this, the computer would also sell the non real life spurs players to fund on the UE as well. (not selling pot players tho)

I know what people will say, why should someone’s hard work be undone? Well no one should really benefit from someone else’s hard work, I mean I wouldn’t want to inherit someone else’s side and claim the glory. Plus I believe most would prefer to take a new side on as original as possible in order to reshape them how they want.

What do you think?

its a no brainer of an idea that 4 me and should already be in place personally.. this game aint other games but other games do this and it works bang on..

problem is.. is this game really the real world if you get what i mean and not ment in a bad way..

it would deffo increase gameworld shelf life due to fluctuation being created with averages of sides and also imo if an outside manager asks for say a known club in schalke or sevilla and it lands with a big bunch of randoms the manager will be out of there pritty much immediate as the club is desireable but not top end and they will have been no doubt expecting a something like real life squad sheet name wise to have enticed them to that sort of side in the first place..

basically nobody new manager wise is asking for a malmo off the bat no matter how good in game they are at the end of the day.. where as close to default unmanaged sides would entice new players more to stick around and create there own sides..

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:18 pm 

VFL Wolfsburg wrote:

So if a side becomes unmanaged the computer then puts weekly bids in for that side original players (who are at other unmanaged sides) in hope to get the side back to its real life squad and appealing to manage again.
So if say a Chelsea side becomes unmanaged then in order to make them more attractive then in the time they have been unmanaged the computer put random cash bids in for Chelsea’s real life players to other unmanaged sides which will all get accepted. Obviously acceptable cash offers.

I believe this would be a good idea because a new manager wants to take an unmanaged aide, it’ll be as the real life as possible which is why we want to manage certain sides at the start of the game to begin with. Obviously when a side becomes unmanaged the computer resets the clubs bank balance anyway, so there will be funds to do this and also further to accommodate this, the computer would also sell the non real life spurs players to fund on the UE as well. (not selling pot players tho)

I know what people will say, why should someone’s hard work be undone? Well no one should really benefit from someone else’s hard work, I mean I wouldn’t want to inherit someone else’s side and claim the glory. Plus I believe most would prefer to take a new side on as original as possible in order to reshape them how they want.

What do you think?

liverpool wrote:
i think its time ue seriously did something about managers that take teams fuck them up by selling there best players then dumping them after 5 turns because they cant win a game.

thats why unmanaged sides are not appealing and thats why some teams have better reserve sides than some teams first 11.

Couldn’t agree more. A few game 119 sides have been taken over and then deserted and ruined, even after like 20 games turns are supposed not sent in.

I think it’s a great idea 8-) People will want to manage them then if they are back to almost the original side.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:30 pm 

I like that idea

Alloa Athletic 115/117
117 European Cup Winners

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

I think it's an interesting idea.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 pm 

Great. Any other opinions on this?

Get it set up Ben ;)

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:23 pm 

I think it's a great idea. Something needs to be done.

Not only to attract new managers......but to reassure present managers from leaving!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 am 

not bad, an alternative could be that players ratings rise at unmanaged clubs to make them more attractive? is it true that players ratings don't rise at EOS if club is unmanaged?

Will Inman stole a trophy from me.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 am 

dunky wrote:
not bad, an alternative could be that players ratings rise at unmanaged clubs to make them more attractive? is it true that players ratings don't rise at EOS if club is unmanaged?

This

That's all you need to do. As far as I'm aware players don't rise at all at unmnaged teams.

Added pot to a couple at Grasshoppers and seen them again recently and there has been no movement (including eos)

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 am 

That’s a fair point, but how about implementing both then?

My worry is with your idea is that Terry Davies RF 38 OA 103 POT won’t be as attractive as Diego Costa RF 38 OA 103 to a manager who wants to manage Chelsea. Remember that we are primarily reaching out to new managers more than encouraging current to take sides in order to have more people playing the game as is my experience managers with duel sides tend to drop some later in the game.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:45 pm 

themouth1888 wrote:
dunky wrote:

Added pot to a couple at Grasshoppers and seen them again recently and there has been no movement (including eos)

this is a good feature to implement alongside unmanaged sides working there way back to real world squad sheets..

mate how many new external interested potential managers are going to ask for a grasshopers when applying for a club in the game?..

there a novelty club purely going to be taken by a manager existing or in the know with regards to game..

seriously you get asked for 10 sides when joining.. i guarantee 8 are main 5 european leagues.. very little if nobody are asking for a grasshopers from the bat so that does nothing as an addition on its own imho..

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 pm 

Pretty interesting idea!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:55 am 

dunky wrote:

this is a better option I would think, because with the original idea of this thread, the only players released by big sides to non managed sides will likely not be very good players
probably around low 90oa 34pv, whilst the big stars to end up at massive clubs with good managers who are under no obligation or requirement to sell.
if they were to be enticed it would have to be a stupid offer, for example, the computer offering 50+m for a 30m player.

I have some reasonable players at aik in 119 such as hassler and kheidra, no money offer would be sufficient for me to want to give them up.

the idea by the original poster is very good though.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:18 pm 

nantes119 wrote:
dunky wrote:

this is a better option I would think, because with the original idea of this thread, the only players released by big sides to non managed sides will likely not be very good players
probably around low 90oa 34pv, whilst the big stars to end up at massive clubs with good managers who are under no obligation or requirement to sell.
if they were to be enticed it would have to be a stupid offer, for example, the computer offering 50+m for a 30m player.

I have some reasonable players at aik in 119 such as hassler and kheidra, no money offer would be sufficient for me to want to give them up.

the idea by the original poster is very good though.

Good point, but these sides may still become unmanaged at some point. I mean in 117 for example Chelsea are unmanaged and I believe in the relegation zone with their current squad assembled and we are in season 4. Why would a manager want to join and take Chelsea with their current random squad and position? There is no appeal there.
However with my idea the turn Chelsea became unmanaged they would have began to put those offers in for its original players from other unmanaged sides that would make them almost back to the original squad. The added bonus could be they may end up a better state than they are in now and again be far more appealing to people. So not only that Chelsea would be almost back to their original side minus the players that managed sides dont want to sell but have a better squad. Both of which would appeal to anyone looking to take Chelsea.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Last edited by Math on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:21 pm 

Good ideas lads

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:21 pm 

Just to play devil's advocate,

If "Chelsea" were to bid on old players and resign them, then that will be stripping other teams. For example

Anderlecht have
2 X Chelsea players
2 X arsenal players
3 X Barcelona players
Just hypothetical

All three of these clubs become unmanaged and then Anderlecht go on to lose 4 of these 7 players. Who would then want to manage Anderlecht?
It's easy to say having Chelsea better than Anderlecht is more important but it isn't more important to the players paid up for a team in Anderlechts league, as you have stripped a team making his league weaker.

Personally not for me because of this reason.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:58 pm 

Spot on muscles. Why not just have the unmanaged clubs players rise?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:04 am 

muscles4851 wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate,

If "Chelsea" were to bid on old players and resign them, then that will be stripping other teams. For example

Anderlecht have
2 X Chelsea players
2 X arsenal players
3 X Barcelona players
Just hypothetical

All three of these clubs become unmanaged and then Anderlecht go on to lose 4 of these 7 players. Who would then want to manage Anderlecht?
It's easy to say having Chelsea better than Anderlecht is more important but it isn't more important to the players paid up for a team in Anderlechts league, as you have stripped a team making his league weaker.

Personally not for me because of this reason.

dunky wrote:
Spot on muscles. Why not just have the unmanaged clubs players rise?

lol I've already explained this, so I'll try another way. ;)

You're given a choice of sides to manage in a game, say 'manager A' chooses Anderlecht? The only possible reason he would want to manage Anderlecht is because likes the squad they start with. I think that is obvious. Also don't forget they will more than likely start with points making them more appealing.

So as you say, if Chelsea the unmanaged side buy both their players back from Anderlecht, it wouldn't be leaving Anderlecht short or stripping them because Anderlecht would already be bidding for their own original players to bring them back as they will be unmanaged as well, If you get me? Remember these players more than likely having points spent on them as Anderlecht will start with points. So neither side is weakened, just going back to their original way they started with.

If Anderlecht happen to be a beastly side and these players do go back to their unmanaged original sides leaving Anderlecht considerably weaker then that's tough crap for 2 reasons. 1) Because most people prefer to inherit an original side, not someone else's work which 9/10 the side dumped is left struggling with all the best players gone anyway. 2) Because an original side means a potential new manager can them reshape the side how he wants and 3) As i said above people who choose sides at the start of games do so based on their original squad they start with. So this would make both these unmanaged sides more appealing.

I think i've explained it best i can? lol

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 am 

Then whoever Anderlecht buy from, that team will do the same and so on, a huge merry go round which would take ages for UE to do, just doesn't make sense, just give unmanaged players current squad players boosts. Far simpler, or give them UE points, more turns you buy, more points you get.