Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:00 pm 

Well i've watched this from afar all week, so I may as well stick my two pence worth in!

I like the Karma idea, I cannot praise Ben enough for the strides he has made with the game in recent times and his willingness to listen to us and our opinions. Hats off my man.

So, should forum posts be rewarded with karma? Yes, and no for me. I think its great to have certain sections updated, Turn results/team news/turn sent/my squad/agreed deals. These sections, for me, I read every week and are integral to make the forum worth having, if we are having a little bonus to be accrued over time with the karma points, excellent. It should just be restricted to those sections though in my opinion.

Versatility is a great addition, a real luxury to have a player with this SA, and being able to add it through karma points is a great idea, but by having a maximum amount of points you can earn each week through forum participation in the above sections would make it a pretty level playing field for each manager to accrue them. Say 10 points per section updated, so a max of 50 for example. I don't believe anyone should gain an advantage simply by the number of posts, QUALITY OVER QUANTITY is a rule I live by :lol: and I believe it applies to this!

Case study 1.

Manager A, the 'casual' manager like myself posts roughly 10 times a week, meaningful posts in certain sections that are interesting to read. Manager B, the committed forum poster and hard working manager, posts 50-70 times a week, over half of these posts though are complimenting other managers teams/players, the odd LOL, or just some drivel. Manager B who has been more active throughout the week has scored 50+ karma points (example only) while manager A has scored 10.

Manager B is 5x faster in reaching the threshold to add VER to his player.

Case study 2.

Manager A has had a family issue or a full on week of it at work, and only logged on and posted his results and squad as he hasn't had the time to post. Manager B, in that week, has had a bit of banter with someone, had a bidding war over a player on the list, 10 ideas on improving the game, posted up all 10 of his teams and listed 28 separate for sale threads on various players. Manager A has got 2 Karma points, while manager B has scored 100+.

Manager B is 50x faster in adding VER this week. Is that really fair?

I run a small vehicle restoration business with 2 staff, 50 odd hours a week and it usually runs smoothly. This week the spray booth broke down and I did 80 odd hours, and didn't post for 6 days. Should I really be punished with the amount of karma points accrued for that? Does it really make me one of the 'lazy' managers, because life got in the way of a hobby?! Ive just managed to post my squads this evening (And write this essay :lol: ) but I haven't got time for much more! I'm sure my situation rings true with many more of us on here?

WIth a cap on the points, I could have still accrued 10 of the possible 50, so only losing a bit of ground with the karma, as opposed to losing leaps and bounds to the other managers?

I think I make sense?!

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:03 pm 

did not understand a word you just said........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:13 pm 

liverpool wrote:
did not understand a word you just said........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone will :D

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:09 am 

I use the forum a lot and am actually against the idea too.

I think it should just be simplified to the following,

Posting a weekly review - Including result, rises, injuries etc.
Posting a weekly cash sales thread
Posting a weekly swap thread
Posting a weekly Squad/My Team update
Sending your MDS

10 Points each a week = 50 Points

Keeps it simple that way!

S3 - 7th in Serie A / CL 1/4's
S4 - 8th in Serie A / Uefa Cup Semi's

Bilbao 119
S1 - FA Cup Winners

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 am 

Hi All,

While I love to see the game changing and progressing I think we need to be concuios not to make the game to onerous.

I don't fancy being at a disadvantage on the basis I don't have time (work /kids) to post Team News etc.

For me, sending in MDS and writing down deals is enough.

Cheers,

Conor

Everton 117

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Forum posts will not lead to a gain in Karma.

I think this sums up why best.

Stuttgart119 wrote:
The thought of karma points sounds very interesting if points are awarded fairly, i can't get on here a great deal as i work long hours, busy helping my wife when i get home and looking after our little daughter, so i would hate to be punished in not being able to get similar karma points just because i cant get online to post a lot. it would destroy the even playing field that i think ue is trying to create.

Posts in only selected sections getting points with each section having a different coefficient was never on the table, would be to time consuming to manage.

From when Karma is launched, any team that has a thread in the ‘My Club’ section, that is posted on and updated every turn, will be able to claim 50-100 Karma points on turn 26. You will need to send an email to the office asking for the bonus points and provide a link to the thread.

As mentioned earlier, running or winning competitions or on the forum will also get you Karma, points will depend on the competition. If you wish to run anything along these lines email the office once Karma has been launched.

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:47 pm 

Padova 119 wrote:
Well i've watched this from afar all week, so I may as well stick my two pence worth in!

I like the Karma idea, I cannot praise Ben enough for the strides he has made with the game in recent times and his willingness to listen to us and our opinions. Hats off my man.

So, should forum posts be rewarded with karma? Yes, and no for me. I think its great to have certain sections updated, Turn results/team news/turn sent/my squad/agreed deals. These sections, for me, I read every week and are integral to make the forum worth having, if we are having a little bonus to be accrued over time with the karma points, excellent. It should just be restricted to those sections though in my opinion.

Versatility is a great addition, a real luxury to have a player with this SA, and being able to add it through karma points is a great idea, but by having a maximum amount of points you can earn each week through forum participation in the above sections would make it a pretty level playing field for each manager to accrue them. Say 10 points per section updated, so a max of 50 for example. I don't believe anyone should gain an advantage simply by the number of posts, QUALITY OVER QUANTITY is a rule I live by :lol: and I believe it applies to this!

Case study 1.

Manager A, the 'casual' manager like myself posts roughly 10 times a week, meaningful posts in certain sections that are interesting to read. Manager B, the committed forum poster and hard working manager, posts 50-70 times a week, over half of these posts though are complimenting other managers teams/players, the odd LOL, or just some drivel. Manager B who has been more active throughout the week has scored 50+ karma points (example only) while manager A has scored 10.

Manager B is 5x faster in reaching the threshold to add VER to his player.

Case study 2.

Manager A has had a family issue or a full on week of it at work, and only logged on and posted his results and squad as he hasn't had the time to post. Manager B, in that week, has had a bit of banter with someone, had a bidding war over a player on the list, 10 ideas on improving the game, posted up all 10 of his teams and listed 28 separate for sale threads on various players. Manager A has got 2 Karma points, while manager B has scored 100+.

Manager B is 50x faster in adding VER this week. Is that really fair?

I run a small vehicle restoration business with 2 staff, 50 odd hours a week and it usually runs smoothly. This week the spray booth broke down and I did 80 odd hours, and didn't post for 6 days. Should I really be punished with the amount of karma points accrued for that? Does it really make me one of the 'lazy' managers, because life got in the way of a hobby?! Ive just managed to post my squads this evening (And write this essay :lol: ) but I haven't got time for much more! I'm sure my situation rings true with many more of us on here?

WIth a cap on the points, I could have still accrued 10 of the possible 50, so only losing a bit of ground with the karma, as opposed to losing leaps and bounds to the other managers?

I think I make sense?!

I with this lad, well said Padova.

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:55 pm 

Admin wrote:

Stuttgart119 wrote:
The thought of karma points sounds very interesting if points are awarded fairly, i can't get on here a great deal as i work long hours, busy helping my wife when i get home and looking after our little daughter, so i would hate to be punished in not being able to get similar karma points just because i cant get online to post a lot. it would destroy the even playing field that i think ue is trying to create.

Posts in only selected sections getting points with each section having a different coefficient was never on the table, would be to time consuming to manage.

From when Karma is launched, any team that has a thread in the ‘My Club’ section, that is posted on and updated every turn, will be able to claim 50-100 Karma points on turn 26. You will need to send an email to the office asking for the bonus points and provide a link to the thread.

As mentioned earlier, running or winning competitions or on the forum will also get you Karma, points will depend on the competition. If you wish to run anything along these lines email the office once Karma has been launched.

Well I'm glad we finally put that debate to bed. For me I don't really read the my club thread, and don't really see how it will increase forum activity if I start to take part. So it's not something I will bother with personally. But I will still continue to post results team sheet etc as and when I can.

Discord- Dillinja84#8741
WhatsApp 07484 131951

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:51 pm 

Admin wrote:

Stuttgart119 wrote:

This is fair!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------
Real Madrid Game 43 - Champions League Winners - S2
Inter Milan Game 105 - Treble Winner S3
Santa Clara Game 108 - Doubles Winner S2