Login    Forum    FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game 121
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:53 am 

I think i'll come out of retirement for this one! :)

Aston Villa Game 88 - Season 1, Premier League Champions, League Cup Winners
Lazio Game 88 - Season 2, Champions League Winners, Serie A Champions
Zwolle Game 107 - Season 1, League Cup Winners
Aston Villa Game 112 - Season 1, UEFA Cup Winners

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:10 pm 

Lee wrote:
I shall be returning from retirement for this game hopefully a few of the others do too, can’t wait to get going now

Wee daft Lee

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:59 pm 

Been a long time but I’ll be back For this game plenty of swaps as usual

Spurs 114 - League winners season 1

Watford 117 - shit times

Real Sociedad Game 118

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:15 pm 

I'll be back for this having taken a break from this for the last six months.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:36 pm 

Will there be any chance of seeing a list of which teams are expected to be heaviest in debt?

I realize teams like Barcelona will always be up there with the most expensive but some of Europe's top teams like Juventus are loaded with older players like Ronaldo which would probably reduce the starting balance deficit somewhat.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:36 am 

Ex FC Schalke 119 wrote:
Matthew M wrote:
Ex FC Schalke 119 wrote:
Ok my interest has been peaked. Any of the old UE legends still playing? Dazza, Upton, sibbo, maxi, kenny knield hulkamanic? Sure theres probably a dozen others I could name as well. Not played for a few years now!

I believe I’m the only one still playing mate, 15 years and counting with no breaks. The legends game was going to be my last, especially if another EFG came out but HFG has saved the day.

Be great to have the old legends guys back.

I always said I'd like to come back for another HFG. But I'm quite shocked that there has only been 1 other game released since I left. Which looking back at my old turns was feb 2018! I mean it's good in a way. As new games usual killed off the old ones. Yeah be nice to see some of the originals from back in the mid 00's make a return. I wasnt sure if the game was even still going.

You should have known I'd still be here ;) Mate, get added to the WhatsApp. Its already up and running, i tx'd Banksy yesterday and got him added, there is a few other of the old legends who have made a return. I'm waiting for Gibby, Paul English & Tony E to make a comeback now....

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:39 am 

Martin B wrote:
Will there be any chance of seeing a list of which teams are expected to be heaviest in debt?

I realize teams like Barcelona will always be up there with the most expensive but some of Europe's top teams like Juventus are loaded with older players like Ronaldo which would probably reduce the starting balance deficit somewhat.

I would take a big guess and say Madrid and Barca although old will still be massively in debt, tbh with you having managed Man City, Dortmund and Bayern Munich a couple in HFG's I would have thought you would be able to give a great educated guess as to what debt the biggies will start in?

However personally I think Liverpool will be heaviest in debt given the plentiful quality youngsters they have along with City and PSG.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Martin B wrote:

I’m not going to give a list of the teams with the highest squad value, or a guide how much teams will be in debt. Player updating and editing goes through several stages, so even if I wanted to give a list, it might be misleading at this stage.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:11 am 

Matthew M wrote:
Martin B wrote:

I would take a big guess and say Madrid and Barca although old will still be massively in debt, tbh with you having managed Man City, Dortmund and Bayern Munich a couple in HFG's I would have thought you would be able to give a great educated guess as to what debt the biggies will start in?

However personally I think Liverpool will be heaviest in debt given the plentiful quality youngsters they have along with City and PSG.

As I said, you can assume the likes of Barca will always be up there but there are a number of top teams on the continent who have top aging players like Ronaldo or have players on loan from English teams.

Then you have them loaning out enough players to fill 2-3 squads as well like Chelsea. Personally I wouldn't be opposed to players on loan staying with the club they are on loan at to give a better balance throughout the game.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:16 pm 

Been away for a long time BUT am definitely interested in game 121 - I used to manage FC Utrecht (G99 - i think), Go Ahead Eagles (G107), West Brom (G116), Newcastle (G113) and dabbled with a few other games aswell previously. This new game looks like it could be active (and for a long time) so i'm keen to get involved again!!

Is the forum still busy? Has anything changed in the years I've been away?

Hope everyone is keeping well!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:11 am 

Nothing really happens on the forum anymore it's all on WhatsApp, which is a shame really. I personally can't stick the big WhatsApp group for UE, it pings off a million times a day and takes ages to find deals, I much preferred when the forum was the hub of the game. Everything was in its right section not sifting back through 100 messages!

Previous
Newcastle 75, Sampdoria 84, Real Madrid 96, Udinese 100, Newcastle 108, Brescia 112, Padova 119, Stuttgart 120, Bologna & Tromso 121

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:11 pm 

Will there be any changes to Reserves and Youths being increased at EOS?

I remembered people moaned a couple of years ago they increased too much so you tweaked it. It now seems to be the opposite and puts you off actively managing these teams now

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:32 pm 

Not sure if this has been raised previously or not.

At the moment, there is no advantage to sending fringe players out on loan to ROTW teams for 1st team football, they play, but don't improve at all, they also come back with the same morale they went with.

I'd like to see players improving or even decreasing depending on how the loan went. Otherwise you might as well not send them out on loan at all.

Looking forward to 121, as with 120, the game will start when i'm stuck in the middle of Africa (not the nice part) so hoping not to be too far behind when i get back in May. Hopefully the forum will be active.

GAME 121BrentfordLeague Cup S1, Div 1 S4
Game 121RandersDiv 1 S2, Champs S4,S5, FA Cup S3,S5,

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:35 pm 

Better impact for loaned out players is a great shout.
As is more incentive for reserves and youth management.
Trialist situation needs looking at too, especially when you get in to s2 and beyond.

M’pellier112(S1-5)
Inverness113(S1)
Napoli114(S1)
M’pellier115(S1-2)
M’pellier116(S1-2)
MGB117(S1-6)
PSV118(S1-3)
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
Real Sociedad 121
Palace122

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:09 am 

Dan_139 wrote:
Nothing really happens on the forum anymore it's all on WhatsApp, which is a shame really. I personally can't stick the big WhatsApp group for UE, it pings off a million times a day and takes ages to find deals, I much preferred when the forum was the hub of the game. Everything was in its right section not sifting back through 100 messages!

Shame about the forums, I agree with what you are saying about knowing where everything is, I always preferred doing deals on here rather than via WhatsApp. Nothing worse than getting harassed at 2am by someone after one of your players! Lol

It’s quite encouraging that the amount/frequency of new games seems to have slowed up to, when I was last playing it seemed like a new game was coming out every couple of months, so anyone who was doing badly disappeared and the game started to lose appeal.

I’m hoping that we get a load playing 121 so we can all keep the game interesting!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:58 am 

Tommy G wrote:
Dan_139 wrote:

Shame about the forums, I agree with what you are saying about knowing where everything is, I always preferred doing deals on here rather than via WhatsApp. Nothing worse than getting harassed at 2am by someone after one of your players! Lol

It’s quite encouraging that the amount/frequency of new games seems to have slowed up to, when I was last playing it seemed like a new game was coming out every couple of months, so anyone who was doing badly disappeared and the game started to lose appeal.

I’m hoping that we get a load playing 121 so we can all keep the game interesting!

WhatsApp is faster and much more convenient, the only way the forum could compete is to become more convenient and faster.
Whoever has harassed you at two in the morning needs slapped, it hasn't happened to me yet.

The forum is good for some stuff, but progress is progress and WhatsApp, in the sense of doing deals, is progress.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 pm 

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.
Im making a comeback for this new game having played briefly back in 2016/17.
Looking forward to it, hopefully plenty of deals and some good banter .

Brad.

121: York City & Rosenborg BK

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:58 pm 

I've just created a "Game 121 rolecall" post so we can get an idea of how many are playing (rough idea at least), if anyone fancies banging their details in there - season tickets aren't cheap so thought i'd get an idea of numbers before i raid the piggy bank!! lol

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:32 pm 

muscles4851 wrote:
Tommy G wrote:
Dan_139 wrote:

WhatsApp is faster and much more convenient, the only way the forum could compete is to become more convenient and faster.
Whoever has harassed you at two in the morning needs slapped, it hasn't happened to me yet.

The forum is good for some stuff, but progress is progress and WhatsApp, in the sense of doing deals, is progress.

Fair comment, I'll definately be using whatsapp but it'd be good if a few more used the forum aswell. Tbh, I'm looking forward to seeing how many managers come out of retirement and more importantly, how many stick with it for a while!

But woe betide the first person who messages me at 2am asking to buy my 18 year old 38CF for "max"!!!! lol

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 pm 

Dan_139 wrote:

Agreed with you here mate, whatsapp although quicker has taken away the beauty of the forums for me.

When it starts i'll be updating my results on the results thread for the extra karma given we start with nada. I hope all the extra forum stuff that used to appear for half a season stays away.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Last edited by Math on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next