Login    Forum    FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 121 additional sides
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

It's not straightforward to keep a record of every player that has appeared on the transferlist, scouted report, opponents team sheet if the player was then sold to a ROTW team, for each team, for the whole game.

As multi team management will be delayed until turn 5/10, I don't imagine it being as much of an issue?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

Admin wrote:
There were very few applications for the Northern League so I was going to set it as an unmanageable league, so the players would all be for sale. But after reading this thread...

If at least 10 managers want to pay for a reduced price season ticket (£50) to take a second team in the Northern League, they can reserve teams in that league.

They can go in as managers but there season ticket won't activate and they won't receive reports until turn 5.

The Northern league won't be open for anyone until turn 5.

If anyone is interested in this let me know, otherwise second teams can be requested in other leagues from turn 10.

There are 6 applicants so far.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:43 am 

Admin wrote:
It's not straightforward to keep a record of every player that has appeared on the transferlist, scouted report, opponents team sheet if the player was then sold to a ROTW team, for each team, for the whole game.

As multi team management will be delayed until turn 5/10, I don't imagine it being as much of an issue?

I have to admit my suggestion was based on a 'vlookup' type solution if I was using MS Excel but I appreciate UE is probably a lot more complex as you've hinted.

I still think 5/10 weeks is too soon as it also dilutes down the definition of an HFG if after 5 weeks you can be scouting 20+ teams a week while most will be scouting 10.

Still though I do appreciate it brings in more business with multi team management it's just the 20+ scouted teams a week still so early in the game makes it more a normal game than an HFG.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:52 am 

A compromise that I reckon would help would be to limit those with two teams to a collective amount of 10 scouts per turn instead of ten per team.

Manchester City 121

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:12 am 

I have a suggestion to hopefully pacify everyone here

Multi team management available, but only 2 teams per manager.

Multi team management from turn 5 in the northern league on a pre paid season ticket as Ben has suggested, multi team management from every league playable from turn 10.

Season 1, only allowed to scout teams from your primary side, no scouting allowed from the second team. Possibly this could be reflected in a slightly cheaper season ticket from Ben for the 2nd team to reflect this, say £35/40 to take the team from turn 5/10 til the end of S1, then it will go back to £50 from S2 but with full scouting functionality.

Inevitably there will be detractors, but if you know the rules to having an additional side from the beginning, you CANNOT moan about it, or if you don't like it, don't take one.

This way people who enjoy having 2 sides can have one, while it will be a major challenge to do it with very limited scouts in keeping with the hard format, and people who like the one team per manager aspect of the HFG are assured that other players don't have an advantage in Season 1

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:50 am 

Not happy about this idea at all.

This is an HFG and should be treated as such. 1 TEAM per Manager and I would say IF the need is there then Season 3 onwards as the majority of us havee Ed paid for at least 2 seasons or have the intention to do so.

Besiktas - Game 122

(07723) 676190 Happy to Help

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:30 pm 

So far we have 7 people to take a second team in the northern league from turn 5 , we could get a very nice incentive for doing so by committing to 3 seasons for possibly £100 and the teams will have lots of points and cash so anybody interested please email Ben to let him know

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:16 pm 

Moleyrobinson wrote:
So far we have 7 people to take a second team in the northern league from turn 5 , we could get a very nice incentive for doing so by committing to 3 seasons for possibly £100 and the teams will have lots of points and cash so anybody interested please email Ben to let him know

That's not confirmed though is it? I thought it was just £50/season, not the other detail you mentioned.

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:31 pm 

Not confirmed but it is what I was told by Ben,I raised the concern being in that league people may drop out at eos so he said he may offer something like 3 season tickets for £100 to tie people into it longer which I think is a decent idea otherwise no one will want that league

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:41 pm 

Moleyrobinson wrote:
Not confirmed but it is what I was told by Ben,I raised the concern being in that league people may drop out at eos so he said he may offer something like 3 season tickets for £100 to tie people into it longer which I think is a decent idea otherwise no one will want that league

A good idea and definitely one I’d be up for. Surely better for the game to have another 10 or so managed sides rather than more ROTW sides who’ll be completely pointless in a season or so’s time when they have been left behind by managed sides.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:30 pm 

Yeah, I'd be up for 3 seasons for £100 to show commitment and create longevity. Good idea imo.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:46 am 

Seems to be the want to severely restrict the 2nd team to near enough an impossibility to actually enjoy managing them. I get the need to ensure longevity so yeah the 3 season ticket offer is an acceptable ask. Making us pay more is a good way of demonstrating our commitment.
I’m also inclined to agree with the ‘You can only sign from the sides you scout’ rule which again makes it fair, but not sure I agree with only being allowed to scout 10 teams per turn as my style of management in particular likes to see me buying to either build for the future/sell/swap to boost the side I manage funds/quality. I know some others are the same. I mean I wouldn’t go to a Pub to ask for a Pint only have half a pint poured in a Pint glass, so i would expect the full product for the money we have to pay, after all we would already be expected to spend another £100 on top of our initial team stake which already clearly shows our intent to manage our 2nd club fairly and correctly. What more can you ask for?
If a opposing managers opinion on this whole rule is based on prioritising the game then those rules above prove the 2nd side managers intentions are honourable. So those who take a 2nd side having the full product with 2 fair restrictions for the extra money isn’t too much to expect. Especially having to pay even more money.

I think it’s a case of some who dont like to manage a 2nd side will just campaign to abolish it out of spite rather than look at it from A) UE being a business which means more money for Ben B) More managed teams means a busier and better game and C) Others enjoyment. I mean happy managers makes it a better, busy & enjoyable game doesn’t it? which is ultimately what we all want.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:54 pm 

Everton 121 wrote:
Seems to be the want to severely restrict the 2nd team to near enough an impossibility to actually enjoy managing them. I get the need to ensure longevity so yeah the 3 season ticket offer is an acceptable ask. Making us pay more is a good way of demonstrating our commitment.
I’m also inclined to agree with the ‘You can only sign from the sides you scout’ rule which again makes it fair, but not sure I agree with only being allowed to scout 10 teams per turn as my style of management in particular likes to see me buying to either build for the future/sell/swap to boost the side I manage funds/quality. I know some others are the same. I mean I wouldn’t go to a Pub to ask for a Pint only have half a pint poured in a Pint glass, so i would expect the full product for the money we have to pay, after all we would already be expected to spend another £100 on top of our initial team stake which already clearly shows our intent to manage our 2nd club fairly and correctly. What more can you ask for?
If a opposing managers opinion on this whole rule is based on prioritising the game then those rules above prove the 2nd side managers intentions are honourable. So those who take a 2nd side having the full product with 2 fair restrictions for the extra money isn’t too much to expect. Especially having to pay even more money.

I think it’s a case of some who dont like to manage a 2nd side will just campaign to abolish it out of spite rather than look at it from A) UE being a business which means more money for Ben B) More managed teams means a busier and better game and C) Others enjoyment. I mean happy managers makes it a better, busy & enjoyable game doesn’t it? which is ultimately what we all want.

As someone opposed to 2nd side management in relation to your last comments.

A - no problem if the game needs to adapt to pull more money in for UE to survive.

B - more managed teams is obviously always better for the game

C - No issue with others being happy.

You mentioned teams only being able to buy from the teams they scouted, no crossing over of scouts. I would be fine with this but it might be difficult to implement as Ben mentions above.

The whole point is that the HFG format will only last for 5 weeks until multi management is allowed so it's not really an HFG anymore. Why don't we have some legends thrown in too for an extra season ticket while we're at it?

However it I'm in the minority view then the whole definition of HFG needs redefining and multiple team management replaced with an alternative feature to call it an HFG.

I think if the scouting could be kept fair then it would be a middle ground but let's not pretend the main incentive of multiple team management is to be able to scout extra teams.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:19 pm 

Last edited by Martin B on Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:41 pm 

Martin B wrote:
Everton 121 wrote:
I think if the scouting could be kept fair then it would be a middle ground but let's not pretend the main incentive of multiple team management is to be able to scout extra teams.

So you think people only want a 2nd team for scouting purposes.

Shocking.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:58 pm 

Everton 121 wrote:
Martin B wrote:
Everton 121 wrote:

So you think people only want a 2nd team for scouting purposes.

Shocking.

I didn't say it was the only reason...but it's a big reason. Restrict scouting to only bidding from players on your team's turn only and would people still want to multi manage? I know you would but would the same apply to everyone?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:36 pm 

Works for me , only able to sign players you have scouted , still want a second team and sure most others would to

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:07 pm 

Moleyrobinson wrote:
Works for me , only able to sign players you have scouted , still want a second team and sure most others would to

Yep, if possible to implement, then I'd be more than happy to sign up for this based on only being able to sign players that a particular side has signed.

Would I sign up for a second time with restrictions on how many scouts etc etc, no, I wouldn't.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:20 pm 

I dont think it would be something that could just be brought in like that but Id have no issue if it was. Scouts after week 5 are normally very poor anyway and I honestly think too much is being made out of that concern.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:58 pm 

I don’t like this managing 2 teams in a HFG or scouting 20 teams to take the best players to the one team.
If that’s the case then I’m not signing up for this.
What’s the point giving away 2 teams when it’s mean to be a hard format game?
If people are getting discounts on season tickets then why is the other players not?

Rosario Central - Game 124

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next