Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Leaving the game
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:40 pm 

Hello I'd just thought I'd let you all know I'm leaving the game as I've got too many problems in my life regarding work and other issues that its affecting my mental health too much. I managed bury in 120 and port vale in 121 so any deals that were agreed wont be going through sorry. Theres also things on the whatsapp group that I'm not liking constant bickering between people and falling out and its sending me over the edge I'm sorry for what I said to that person and I came out of that group and have decided leave the game before it gets worse. I also didnt like people constantly messaging me trying get the best players from me cant they take no as meaning no. Anything take care everybody and good luck in the game.

Post subject: Re: Leaving the game
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:44 pm 

Keep the head up Andy, you’re a good lad. Have a couple of days off then have a re think then do our deal then you’ll feel good about the game again.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:48 pm 

I am very sorry to hear of your struggles and hope that you can find better times soon. I am also very disappointed that players in a PBM should have contributed so insensitively to your situation.
Let's hope your farewell message can ring a few bells.
All the best to you and yours, Andy.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:59 pm 

Sorry to hear this Andy, all the best and I hope the break does you good and you focus on what’s important. Hopefully see you back in the game soon enough. Things can get a bit silly in WhatsApp but I think mainly they are meant personally just some big egos and also banter can borderline. I did see the comment and I know that person is not malicious in anyway. The game can be a good distraction so if that isn’t working for you then I think you’re making a sound decision. Wish you all the best and hope you return, no one wants to see managers leave permanently.

M’pellier112(S1-5)
Inverness113(S1)
Napoli114(S1)
M’pellier115(S1-2)
M’pellier116(S1-2)
MGB117(S1-6)
PSV118(S1-3)
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
Real Sociedad 121
Palace122

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:03 pm 

PM'd

Benfica - Game 121

Besiktas - Game 122

We are not a defensive team. I say we are a strong team in defensive terms, but at the same time lacking sufficient fluidity in attack because that will take time to come.

(07723) 676190 Happy to Help

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:37 pm 

Sorry to hear this Andy, best wishes for the future and I hope your mental health improves.

Sometimes talking to somebody can ease stress and the darkness. Jay might be a good person to talk to, providing you can get a word in. :) Seriously, I'm sure many guys on here will be happy to help.

All the best
Eamonn

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Everywhere they go!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:38 am 

Good luck with things.

I personally find UE a good distraction from day to day worries. My advise would be if you dont like offers on your players just remove your contact details and dont join WhatsApp etc. Unfortunately with a group of over 100 managers their in one chat there will always be some sillyness.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 am 

I'd just like to say that I spoke to jay on the phone this morning and he has convinced me to stay in the game. He just told me to stay out of WhatsApp and only do deals if you need to. So basically I want to thank jay for that and some of the people on here for there comments.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:22 pm 

Andy if you like prawns then discord could be the app for you. Don't use it much myself but it seems a lot more chilled out and the main thing is there are lads always there for a chat every night.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:45 pm 

Sorry to hear this buddy. I think a few people need to remember this is only a game, for us ALL to have a bit of fun. All the best, and hope you're feeling better soon

Malaga Game 115 season 1
Hannover 96 Game 116 season 1, 2
Montrose Game 117 season 1, 2, 3, 4

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:10 am 

Good egg is Jay. (And a better tactician than people give him credit!)

Glad you are sticking around Andy - and although I don't tend to use the discord to much I would echo others it is a much calmer area of thought.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:33 am 

Good to read that you’re now staying Andy. However it wasn’t to read what you posted to the other lad, but you have apologized so I’m hoping you pair can and have moved on. Use UE to help with your mental health like I do along with a couple others who suffer with it as well, maybe an idea to make a separate group for guys who suffer with mental health to reach out when you're struggling or even just to check in with each others occasionally and then keep the UE stuff to the forum/discord/UE chat. Just an idea as I've found It’s been helpful to speak to some guys in UE who know how difficult times can be with this horrible illness. So if you ever want a chat or just need to vent I’m here as I know a few other would be.

As regards to deals, if you feel pressured by someone it may be best to either email Ben or ask someone you trust & become friends with like Jay to have a word on your behalf if they’re not listening to you or becoming too forceful. I've noticed a very small group of managers appear to target & want to take some managers POT players at any cost.

Anyway good news you’ve decided to stay mate.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr