Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:54 am 

Probably a topic that’s been covered a lot over the years but I really think before any other improvements or ideas are implemented I think reserve and youth rewards need to be looked at.

Many people are of the opinion that Come the end of the season there’s a even amount of improvements across all managers 3 squads and regardless of how much time has been put into maintaining the reserve and youth squads.

In games like this one most managers are buying season tickets which of course include the option of managing reserve and youth squads. Most choose not to manage the youth/reserve squads and leave just a handful being managed but the rises and SA award end of the season feel the same across the board.

How do we improve the reward to the guys who managed there reserve and youth teams so that there a bigger uptake in these teams being looked after ? 3 UE points and 300 karma is a good way for the winners but as soon as someone falls 6 points behind then most just abandon there reserve/ youth until the next season.

Couple of ideas could be

Karma rewards specifically for the reserve and youth team mds submission and can only be spent on players who have played in these teams for a set amount of games say 10-14 games ?

A reward of UE points that can only be spent on reserve /youth players again a set amount of games played.

Removal of random sa being awarded to teams who don’t actively manage there youth teams through the season?

What’s everyone’s thoughts or alternative ideas?

Celtic 99
Dundee United 102
Inverness 117
Liverpool 118
Liverpool 119
Glasgow Rangers 121

Post Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:08 pm 

It's really difficult to win a division as there's that many good managers and the same ones seem to win everything. Perhaps if you finished 2nd or 3rd you get 150 karma and 1 or 2 ue points. I think your point about not many managing there reserves or youths in game 121 isn't true as most seem to be managing them from what I've seen.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:09 am 

Andy Proctor wrote:
It's really difficult to win a division as there's that many good managers and the same ones seem to win everything. Perhaps if you finished 2nd or 3rd you get 150 karma and 1 or 2 ue points. I think your point about not many managing there reserves or youths in game 121 isn't true as most seem to be managing them from what I've seen.

I like that idea, have 300 karma 3 UE points first, 200 karma 2 ue points 2nd and 100 karma 1 ue point for 3rd. Like you said now that i'm too far away from winning the league with my youths now i'm playing guys who haven't had a game in the hopes their JUD will rise eos.

Gornik Zabrze - 121

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:30 am 

I’ve been vocal about this issue for a long time. I think your ideas are good and there should be more incentive and reward for sending res / youth Mds, for me though it should just be the rises. Surely there is a way of knowing how active a manager is in sending res / youth MDS and eos rises should be rewarded pro-rata. It really grates on me that a manager has had no or little interest in their youth suddenly get a player in the new season who can either step up or provide a beneficial cash or swap deal.

M’pellier112(S1-5
ICT113(S1
Napoli114(S1
M’pellier115(S1-2
M’pellier116(S1-2
MGB117(S1-6
PSV118(S1-3
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
R Sociedad121(S1-7)
Palace122
Girona123
Nacional124

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:21 am 

Natty O wrote:
I’ve been vocal about this issue for a long time. I think your ideas are good and there should be more incentive and reward for sending res / youth Mds, for me though it should just be the rises. Surely there is a way of knowing how active a manager is in sending res / youth MDS and eos rises should be rewarded pro-rata. It really grates on me that a manager has had no or little interest in their youth suddenly get a player in the new season who can either step up or provide a beneficial cash or swap deal.

Best idea.

No more UE points and no more Karma. Just make team improvements relevant reward.

'And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give' , to quote Lennon misquoting McCartney.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:04 am 

I remember that quote from the Spurs v Wolves game, Aaron Lennon to Mick McCarthy! BOOM BOOM!

Gornik Zabrze - 121

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:28 am 

Always been an advocate for this, like everything in life you should get more back if you put more in. Like the idea of being rewarded for the top 3 positions with incremental bonuses. I like to believe if you play a youth player in their correct position all season, they should get better rises in that PV

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 pm 

Used to love managing my reserves and youths, was well in to it but just felt it isn’t worthwhile anymore as I feel the EoS rises are not a reflection on if the reserves/youths are managed. Personally think if these sides are managed should mean players develop better and as a result should get better rises than sides just deserted.

So these days I usually bin it off after season 1 by selling the decent players I’ve developed for cash to buy points to better the 1st squad. If managing the reserves and youths was worth it I would quite happily stick with them like the old days and keep working on developing talent.

I think actions spaces allocated to reserves and youths is a good idea, also I felt my new design of the MDS team line ups of 1st team, reserves and youths all laid out next to each other on the same MDS page would be easier and encourage managers to manage all 3 too.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:37 pm 

Thought i'd add to this rather than start a new thread.

Think two things could make a big difference.

1) Award UE pts and karma for 2nd & 3rd place finishes. Keep 3 UE pts and 300 karma for the winner but maybe award 2 pts and 200 karma for 2nd and 1 pt and 100 karma for 3rd

2) Increase the rises for those who actually submit there turns. Feels a bit harsh when Johnny Manager gets the same rises as you for his youths and reserves when you actually take the time to manage and submit your turn compared to somebody who doesn't even bother.