Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Am thinking of changing the prices of some of the SAs. Not based on how effective I think they are, based on how often they are bought - to make the less bought ones more common, and the more common ones less so.

Around a month ago I complied how often each SA had been bought in 121.

I have showed this data below, as well as what I am considering changing the price to.

Det - 596 - old price 6 - new price 7 or even 8
Fla - 343 - old price 6 - new price 7
Pro - 289 - old price 3 - new price 4
Com - 268 - old price 6 - new price 7
Gsi - 193 - no change planned
Lea - 153 - old price 9- new price 10
Pre - 139 - no change planned
Tea - 133 - no change planned
Fks - 116 - no change planned
Rel - 110 - no change planned
Gam - 82 - old price 3 - new price 2
Res - 68 - old price 6- new price 5
Cha - 63 - old price 3 - new price 2
Swk - 17 - no change planned (stat requirements are high so I expect lack of demand is due to that)
Gnt - 13 - old price 3 - new price 2 or even 1

Nothing is set yet, so please let me know your thoughts.

Any changes will take place from the start of 2022 and will apply to all games.

On another thread I saw talk whether HEI should become purchasable again. This is not going to happen.

I also saw mention that players speed couldn't be improved in real life, and shouldn't be improvable in the game.

I believed this as well, until I read Harry Redknapp's autobiography where he explained how Frank Lampard senior, and years later Frank Lampard junior, spent hours practicing sprinting with spikes on after training had finished. While they never became lightning fast, they became quicker. The ability to boost a players speed with UE points once, but only one, is based on that.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:07 pm 

I like it.

Amazed GNT has only been purchased 13 times when I bought 2 of those 13 myself!

DET, FLA & COM I'd probably say should be all the same price whether that be 7 or 8 if anything to avoid confusion.

Personally I'm surprised RES could drop to 5 I've always seen that as a personal favourite of mine but then again I'm clearly in the minority like I am with GNT.

Overall I like it the proposed changes.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 pm 

Personally wouldn't have a problem with the new costs put forward. Might even help some of us think a bit more before spending ue points
Agree with Martin about det, fla and com all being the same

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:09 pm 

How about making them harder to acquire I see a lot of comments saying they want less special abilities in the game so why not make them

10 points Lea,det,Fla,com etc etc

5 points for ones not as common as above

This game in particular is littered with pot and sa’s so won’t make any difference for game 121 and when the next game that comes out it will be harder to acquire sa’s I would also put pot up aswell in terms of points

Thoughts?

Hail Hail Bhoys

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:25 pm 

Is there any signs of a new game starting Ben ?

Spurs 114 - League winners season 1

Watford 117 - shit times

Real Sociedad Game 118

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm 

In my opinion problem appears to be the infestation of POT. Most sides have 10+ players and most offers/deals are expected to involve it. So I would raise POT price to 10 points.

Agreed with the lads above on keeping COM/DET/FLA all the same given they appear to be the ‘prime’ SA’s. Pro I’m guessing is only popular as it fixed morale/SoM/Attitude and wouldn’t be used as much otherwise.

Looking at the numbers on LEA, I would either leave it at 9 or up it to the same price as the prime SA’s above as I think it is also a prime SA.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:17 pm 

Would like to able to add hei to players that are eligible according to real life players.you could charge say 10 ue points.i think leadership is the right price as is and if it’s purchased less than that of gsi that isn’t increasing should stay the same imo.also would like to see the option of vision being able to be increased as I think players do get better especially with experience in real life.

Keep up the good work

Thanks

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:19 pm 

Matt wrote:
In my opinion problem appears to be the infestation of POT. Most sides have 10+ players and most offers/deals are expected to involve it. So I would raise POT price to 10 points.

My issue with POT is probably directly related to yours in that it's almost impossible to do any deals for decent players who don't have pot. If you have a player who is say 38/39pv the only way you get a deal for a pot player is if they're vastly inferior which just weakens you and so you cannot do it. Due to the amount of pot players there just aren't many like for like non pot at the higher levels so you end up being stuck with the player or having to add pot just to swap on.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 pm 

Basing the changes in costs on the [lack of] popularity of SAs is an odd way of doing it. DET will naturally be selected more often as it translates across almost every position whereas COM/FLA do not.

As an example I could see DET being used in:

WB/FB/CB/AM/CM/TM/CF [x7]

Whereas with FLA, I could see it being used in:

WM/PL/FR/WF/IF [x5]

And with COM:

SW/CM/PL/IF [x4]

Very rough examples, but it might suggest why certain SAs are more popular and it has little to do with their efficacy.

That said I agree with tweaking the costs, it'll add a new dynamic to future games.

However, I would be against making these changes whilst 121 is ongoing. Starting with 122, that would absolutely make sense, but moving the goalposts mid-game is something I'm not so sure about.

I agree Speed is something which should be able to be improved; I've never been part of any team which didn't do speed training.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:20 pm 

For me I think COM/DET/FLA should, all be the same price, very surprised Res isn't used more and think that it should remain as it is, also very much against it be implemented in the current game, but no problem with it in a new game.
I also think POT should be a least 12 points far to many in the game at the moment.

Alloa Athletic 115/117
117 European Cup Winners

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 pm 

And please for the love of everything holy make longevity more expensive

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:03 pm 

Ben, why do you keep changing things in this game? Why not just wait till the next one? We’re trying to catch up with the bigger teams but you’re making this harder with adding extra points onto Sa’s. Just keep it as it is and then change on the next game instead of starting it into season 4.

Rosario Central - Game 124

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:01 am 

I like the looks of these increases, and they kinda make sense.

Couple of suggestions though - reduction on REL to 5, in line with RES - they have similar levels of purchasing, and are still below the others so are clearly not valued as much by the majority of managers for their impact.

I know HEI has been discussed above and I agree with that, but what about VIS being able to be increased? - There's an argument that some players are able to become more creative as they get older and able to spot the pass they may not have been able to when they were younger, due to experience - I know this in part can be covered off with the JUD stat, but someone like Pirlo when he started off, or even De Bruyne, might have had a significantly lower stat in this area as they were a more dynamic player and then it's been improved over time

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 am 

Definitely think pot needs to be 10 points

Agree with fyffee, shouldn't make any change like this 4 seasons into game 121.

Let them continue as they are and introduce them into game 122.

Santos Laguna - 124

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:25 pm 

Longevity should be scrapped or at least make it ridiculously expensive to purchase like Ross said

I mean 32/33 year olds improving is a bit silly

Spurs 114 - League winners season 1

Watford 117 - shit times

Real Sociedad Game 118

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:02 pm 

Personally I think it's hard to price the SA's up unless you know how much of an impact it has on the game. I'd personally like to see more SA's so it makes the tactical nuances of the game more complex. This will move away from simply who has the best squad. Speaking of tactics, I'd like to see the option of switching them mid-game

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm 

Wolves 121 wrote:
Longevity should be scrapped or at least make it ridiculously expensive to purchase like Ross said

I mean 32/33 year olds improving is a bit silly

Ibrahimovic
Ronaldo

It happens :P

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:08 pm 

I personally think the SA points are about right to be fair, i think any tweaks should be minimal.

Agree POT should maybe the more pressing change ? Agree 9-10 pts instead of 7.

Also think Longevity could change, i'm always thought a sliding scale would be best.

250 Karma to extend no drops for 1 year
450 for 2 years
600 for 3 years

(For example)

It's tricky because you don't want 30+ players to be unattractive within the game.
I personally think drops should kick in at 32yo.

M’pellier112(S1-5
ICT113(S1
Napoli114(S1
M’pellier115(S1-2
M’pellier116(S1-2
MGB117(S1-6
PSV118(S1-3
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
R Sociedad121(S1-7)
Palace122
Girona123
Nacional124

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:26 pm 

No objections to the proposed or current pricing structures.

Perhaps an alternative way to increase uptake on the least popular SA's would be to have these littered about more in starting squads, ROW players and trialists, that way we can try before we buy. At the moment i'm more likely to stick with what I know.

I wouldn't like to see the change implemented mid-game, I think it would be fairer to apply the change inline with the next game.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Everywhere they go!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 am 

Agree with all of the rises and decreases in prices Ben, however I have to echo Fyffee's comments, save that for the next game as it'll be too much chop and changing.

HEI shouldn't be purchasable, but if you have a player that meets the criteria for the SA then it should be allowed to be implemented in game.

POT should stay as it is in my opinion, providing the slower rate of rises remains... if a new game has the slow rate for normal players and slightly better rate of rises for POT players, then potentially increase the price.

I'd also suggest looking into Karma, perhaps give some extra for those with physical disabilities like Karlos and his webbed inbred feet.