Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Summer Break UE Points
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:39 pm 

So with Ben saying on one of the Christmas podcast specials that there will be a two weeks summer break again this year and possibly some UE points to compensate, what are your thoughts?

First of all Ben's got his summer holiday booked so a break isn't up for debate, but should we receive UE points and if so, how many?

My own thoughts are that UE points give you something to think about over the Christmas break to keep you in touch with the game so I think some UE points would be a good thing. I don't buy into the theory that there's too many UE points in the game as they're quickly spent especially if looking to upgrade a 9 untrainable to a 10.

I'm not sure it should be 15 like Christmas as I feel that's in line with Ben's comments about it being the season of goodwill but I think there should be enough to do something with them, maybe buy a premium SA or be able to put potential on a player so I think 7-9 points would be good. That said I won't complain if there's 15 on offer again :D

Thoughts?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:56 pm 

Maybe even for the longevity of the game. A Gold Karma player for each team.
Keeps people invested in the game and plan a few seasons ahead.

Game 101 - Werder Bremen
Game 109 - Caen
Game 111 - Villarreal
Game 112 - Hertha Berlin

Now back to school after 5 years out of UE, where the lifers at?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:34 pm 

Agree Mart, 15 points too many, somewhere 5-9 i think would be good.

Think the Gold Karma idea is a good one too Rich.

M’pellier112(S1-5)
Inverness113(S1)
Napoli114(S1)
M’pellier115(S1-2)
M’pellier116(S1-2)
MGB117(S1-6)
PSV118(S1-3)
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
Real Sociedad 121
Palace122

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:01 pm 

I wish people would stop asking for more UE points, the game has been flooded with them.

It would be interesting to know the average number of UE points teams have had thus far,

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Everywhere they go!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:16 pm 

Homelander wrote:
I wish people would stop asking for more UE points, the game has been flooded with them.

It would be interesting to know the average number of UE points teams have had thus far,

I agree with you , because there is another break I don’t think there should be more that get dished out. Sell some reserves or youths and get cash to get your own points.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:26 pm 

Not sure anybody has actually asked for points here :?

For reference if anybody hasn't listened to the podcasts yet, do so! But in short Ben has said there will be a summer break and might give out UE points which was then discussed with Darryl and Terry.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:42 pm 

Martin B wrote:
So with Ben saying on one of the Christmas podcast specials that there will be a two weeks summer break again this year and possibly some UE points to compensate, what are your thoughts?

First of all Ben's got his summer holiday booked so a break isn't up for debate, but should we receive UE points and if so, how many?

My own thoughts are that UE points give you something to think about over the Christmas break to keep you in touch with the game so I think some UE points would be a good thing. I don't buy into the theory that there's too many UE points in the game as they're quickly spent especially if looking to upgrade a 9 untrainable to a 10.

I'm not sure it should be 15 like Christmas as I feel that's in line with Ben's comments about it being the season of goodwill but I think there should be enough to do something with them, maybe buy a premium SA or be able to put potential on a player so I think 7-9 points would be good. That said I won't complain if there's 15 on offer again :D

Thoughts?

I'm not sure why you're confused Martin?! You suggested in your original post that we receive 7-9 UE points during the summer break.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Everywhere they go!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:45 pm 

Homelander wrote:
Martin B wrote:

Thoughts?

I'm not sure why you're confused Martin?! You suggested in your original post that we receive 7-9 UE points during the summer break.

My post was based on Ben suggesting UE points in the first place which is what the whole thread is about. He asked Darryl and Terry for there thoughts, the whole point of the thread is for others to discuss as well.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:59 pm 

What Martin has said about ue summer points, is what Ben mentioned and discussed on the podcast. Imagine if he said no ue points from now on, I could imagine alot would moan about that.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 pm 

or just find a loophole exploit it and build your team around it, you dont need points then!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:08 pm 

Yeah, It's Ben suggestion... is it required? Probably not.
But I won't complain if some are being dished out.

I think a regular 300 point karma player would be better.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:19 pm 

If it’s a choice then points for me, don’t want or care for karma. Games too far gone to see the benefits of young silver karma boys develop. Don’t think anyone would quibble about 15 handed out from our leader, but it’s too much in my opinion. A nice solid 6 or 9 be nice if we are debating an amount. A 6 point SA or a 9 point leadership SA.

Wish I could put points on my mrs car, she’s nicked mine the last week as hers is on its way out and her’s is even slower than it was prior to dying. Feck sake!

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:23 pm 

karlos wrote:
What Martin has said about ue summer points, is what Ben mentioned and discussed on the podcast. Imagine if he said no ue points from now on, I could imagine alot would moan about that.

I've listened to the podcast, i'm aware of what Ben said.

Martin since suggested 7-9 UE points and asked for others opinions.

I responded with my opinion "I wish people would stop asking for more UE points, the game has been flooded with them.".

Why would anyone moan about not being gifted further points during a two week break? We already receive:
- A loyalty point every 5 turns
- ROW bids for players each week which we can accept and convert to UE points
- We have a transfer list which we can sell players on to then convert the sales to UE points
- We've been gifted 15 UE points each Christmas

If people wish to moan about not being gifted additional UE points during a two week summer break that would only reflect badly on them.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:56 pm 

Some more ue points would be lovely. Those that don't agree don't get them. sorted.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:38 pm 

Harryefc wrote:
Some more ue points would be lovely. Those that don't agree don't get them. sorted.

Alternatively, you and a mate could take on second teams again and pump the funds from those clubs into each others first teams to convert to UE points.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:47 pm 

If be happy with 300 karma rather than the 6/9/15 points.

I’m also due a holiday this year as well so hopefully get another 6 for that :D

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:47 pm 

Homelander wrote:
Harryefc wrote:

Alternatively, you and a mate could take on second teams again and pump the funds from those clubs into each others first teams to convert to UE points.

Would you like to elaborate on what your Implying? if you are throw accusations then name them just just shout wolf because people and having banter and opinions on things.

if your implying that Harry or anyone is cheating please put the evidence up.......

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:01 pm 

Homelander wrote:
Harryefc wrote:

If u want to go through my accounts please do mate, I invite u too. U can then come back and apologise for being a prick.

And Good to see ur still doing well in division 3 karen

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:25 pm 

Harryefc wrote:
Homelander wrote:
Harryefc wrote:

If u want to go through my accounts please do mate, I invite u too. U can then come back and apologise for being a prick.

And Good to see ur still doing well in division 3 karen

Sorry Princess, I obviously touched a nerve.

At no point did you and a mate each take on a second team to pump the funds from those clubs into each others first teams & later drop the second team. My bad.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:42 pm 

Glad u realised your mistake Karen, as I’m yet to drop my second team. Ur bad.