Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Transfer Round Up
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:15 am 

I have decided it's time for me to retire from the podcasts transfer round up.

Below is last weeks for both 121 and 122 as these were not used. If anyone wants to take over then feel free to message the boys.

I thank everyone for the support in helping me compile this over the last couple of years as that helped massively.

Game 121

Rosenborg spent the most on one player this week by splashing out £137.5m for O’Hara from Mainz. The 24yo is 104 39RF with FKS/FLA/POT and went for £30m under max. He was a former Rangers and Wolves player but has yet to fulfil his undoubted potential. Rosenborg are looking good for promotion this season and have 2 cracking forwards at the club so O’Hara looks that cracking back up that can propel them to the next level.

Mainz used the money to pay £58m for Lazio’s Alonso a 31yo 105 38SW/LWB with FKS/GSI and the big L as well as Rio Ave’s 10 speed Caluwe who is 26yo 103 38LWB who was brought in for £50m, £19m under max. Mainz also sold Everton flop Diop 26 103 37AM to Eastbourne for £57.5m as the boy is nothing but shite, buying him from Everton originally should have spoke volumes.

Juventus landed some much needed funds as well this week as they received £130m from Napoli for Doucoure 29 107 39CM 38FR with FKS/GSI. With enough cover Juventus decided to cash in and this looks a mega signing for Napoli as they look to next season in the top league. Most clubs in 121 would surely have been interested in him for cash.

Swap deals are few and far between at this stage in 121 and even less so if you are called Martin Banks but this week he made decided that it was time to bring back Atletico original Jan Oblak 29 105 40GK with PRE/REL/L. They received £12.4m and let Aston Villa take Ederson 29 106 39GK with SWK/COM/POT. Explaining the deal Martin said that he was happy to gain an extra PV stat as that was more than he had during the whole of last seasons EOS rises.He also said that whilst Edersons AR is 87% whilst Oblak is 85% if you concede 3 against Sporting Lisbon then you are bound to be shown the door #cupbottlers

Leeds have landed the beast that is Kanu 22 105 40CF with DET/GSI/POT this week as he left LASK Linz after a short stay at the club. Leaving Leeds were Lystsov 26 106 37LB 37AM 37CB with DET and POT as well Alenitichev 21 101 38WM with DET/FLA/POT. AT £256m Kanu is already up for swap. Leeds have a wealth of talent up front and whilst they will be playing in Division 2 next season they are keen to make changes galore, well changes in personnel not winning :)

Game 122

Cash buy of the week

Atalanta went big on scouted find Vinicius Junior from Figueirense as they paid just shy of £30m for the 21yo. With 10 speed he is 91 36LF with FLA/SEL. Massive competition for this boy with at least 12 other clubs bidding and he still went for £2m under max.

Busy club

Benfica splashed the cash with a £23.3m purchase to secure the services of Velasquez from Sociadad, this 28yo is 95oa 36AM and although he has 8 aggression he must be up with the best around at this stage of the game. Max to the penny was paid for Velasquez.

Benfica also had a big swap deal with Mallorca as they signed Smith 28 95 36CB with DET. Benfica again splashed out by giving £18m and 10 speed versatile player Tavares who is 21 86 35LF with REL. He had been playing as a 32LWB for Benfica but I’m assured he will be moved up top under the new regime.

Song of the week

Bristol City were pleased with signings made this week and the main one was for Andy Cole, Andy Cole, Andy Andy Cole he gets the ball and does fuck all Andy Andy Cole a 31yo 95 36RF with GSI/SEL and 10 speed joined in exchange for Giuly 28 96 36FR/RM/RF.

Biggest deal this week

Bury have signed the beast 36GK that is Dida this week. 95oa with HEI/EXP the 33 year old is worth a tasty 19m and was swapped for a 9 speed defender that Bury had secured through scouting. Needless to say Bury manager Chris Porter is delighted with the deal in fact Didas 77% AR is one of the best in the game for GKs. Narazaki an 18yo was the other player in the deal as he lands at AC Milan and he is 93 34CB/RB with 9 10 7 untrainables which is huge in this game as not many were forecast to be over 25 combined in the three stats. Makes a nice deal very interesting now with pot sure to be added to Narazaki.

Profit maker of the week

Astafjevs left Admira Wacker Modling this week in a £3.8m move and rose on arrival as he becomes a 92 36CM with EGO/DET and joins Djurgardens. His max is now just over £20m and these type of signings surely must be a big thing in this game with cash and players values being very tight.

Thought of the week

Madness to think players that were scouted last week were removed from the game this week as they were considered too good for this stage of the game. Frustrating for the clubs that bid but surely beneficial in the interests of the game as a whole. Looking at the players it certainly is the right decision but to those that bid possibly a little karma should be given as compensation as wasted spaces can be very frustrating in the early weeks of a new game.

Post subject: Re: Transfer Round Up
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:27 am 

Thanks for doing it as long as you have dave. You've done a fab job, and had a good chuckle along the way. All the best, hope everything is ok

Malaga Game 115 season 1
Hannover 96 Game 116 season 1, 2
Montrose Game 117 season 1, 2, 3, 4

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:47 pm 

playf wrote:
Thanks for doing it as long as you have dave. You've done a fab job, and had a good chuckle along the way. All the best, hope everything is ok

Thanks Phil :D

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:05 pm 

Amazing work with this over the last couple of years Dave, thanks for you commitment to it, and for trying to show up Darryl on a regular basis :D

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:56 am 

WbZ wrote:
Amazing work with this over the last couple of years Dave, thanks for you commitment to it, and for trying to show up Darryl on a regular basis :D

Haha cheers Louis, it's been fun for sure!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:49 pm 

Real shame this is the end of transfer round up. One of my favourite parts of the podcast delivered in a very unique witty way!

I hope in time to come we see you back in the transfer hotseat because I can't really see anyone else pulling it off as well as you.

All credit to you Dave.

Manchester City 121

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:24 am 

Amwario wrote:
Real shame this is the end of transfer round up. One of my favourite parts of the podcast delivered in a very unique witty way!

I hope in time to come we see you back in the transfer hotseat because I can't really see anyone else pulling it off as well as you.

All credit to you Dave.

Very kind of you to say Amir!!