Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Game 124
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Am happy to announce that applications for Game 124 are open. It will be the first UE game where teams outside Europe will be available to be managed.

There will be 3 manageable leagues:

Asian - China, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia
North American - The USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica
South American - Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay and Uruguay

There will be five background leagues running:

Northern European
Eastern European
UK and Ireland
Southern European
Western European

Teams from these leagues are not available to manage, but they will play league, European and cup games which you can scout if you wish, and have youth and reserve squads.

The non European Leagues have not been as popular a destination with players in the past. To reflect this, only players who are 34 or older (37 or older for keepers), or players who have a max value of less than £3M will be available to be signed from these leagues.

Post subject: Re: Game 124
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Multi Team Management

There will be no multi team management at any stage.

Starting Budgets

124 will be a hard format game style, with highest squad value teams starting in debt. An average team might with around £25M and 25 UE points.

Untrainables

It will be rare for a player in 124 to start with a total more than 25 in the untrainable stats (speed, aggression and vision).

Karma players

Karma players will not be available in 124.

There will be no Karma other than that awarded awarded inside the game. None from any forum competitions or from the turn results section, etc.

Player Rises

Player rises in the first 2 seasons will be more limited than they have been in other recent games.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

The World Club Cup

32 teams from the North American, South American and Asian Leagues battle it out in this knock out competition. 10 teams from each league qualify as well, as the finalists from last season. The finalists from the FA and League Cup make the cut, along with the top 6 from first division from each league.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Applications

Teams will be allocated by private auction, and as always, the amount bid will be the starting credit for that team. Managers will be told how their bids are doing on several occasions before the deadline so they have a chance to alter their bid. There will not be a public post saying how much the bud is for each team, and nobody will be told how far or behind their bud is on any given team.

If you wish to apply send an email with a list of teams and how much you are prepared to bid for each one. Bids must be in by 9am on 27th of March. I will email the successful bidders shortly after this and will ask for payment within one week.

After the auction, there will be some teams left over, so if you don't wish to bid for a team you can just make an application to be part of the game. Say which league you would prefer to go in and will do our best to fit everyone in.

Once the payments have all been made and the list of teams in the game finalised, everyone will be sent an email confirming the team they will manage. There isn’t a definite start date yet as there is still a lot of work to be done, but the plan is it will start a couple of weeks after 123.

Please note any season tickets purchased will be at the new price (£80).

The game will be run on a Tuesday deadline.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:45 pm 

Thanks for this, looks really good.

Couple of questions regarding regions - will North America also include Canada, and Asia include Australia? (as they play in that region for fifa purposes?)

I know there may be others, but they were the first 2 that crossed my mind - like Ecuador aren't listed either, but would places like that be included?

Also, as there are fewer regions, will there still be the 4 divisions in each?

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Potentially.

Canada aren't a nationality in the game, similarly Ecuador, but they could be added is there are specific team managers want. I though I would need to but was able to fill 4 divisions in the North American League without them.

I'm ok with Australian teams being added to the Asian League.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:55 pm 

Admin wrote:

Teams from these leagues are not available to manage, but they will play league, European and cup games which you can scout if you wish, and have youth and reserve squads.

The non European Leagues have not been as popular a destination with players in the past. To reflect this, only players who are 34 or older (37 or older for keepers), or players who have a max value of less than £3M will be available to be signed from these leagues.

Hi Ben, this one sounds interesting - a couple of questions before I think about dusting off the wallet:

1 -- what are the general standards of player going to be in the top manageable clubs from the start of the game? Will a star-studded Saudi side be 100+OA across the board, and lower sides gradually worsening the lower we go, or will the top players etc be rated lower?

2 -- the standards of players in the non-European leagues, does this apply to the native leagues we'll be managing in? So aside from the managed clubs in, say, Argentina, it would be almost pointless scouting natively?

3 -- the scoutable sides in Europe etc, what would the general standards of players be over there? So someone like De Bruyne, are they going to be starting as a 105OA target, or will the European league players be of lower standards etc?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 pm 

With 124 being Hard Format, before bidding starts could we have a rough idea on the better teams as some like to start in debt. Some like money and Ue points. I dont want to pay 240quid and end up with a team were i have to sell everyone.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:12 pm 

Thanks Ben but I do have a few questions if you dont mind. I will post in here so when you answer they are there for all to see so hopefully nobody else then asks you. I need more details before I can look at getting involved after the fiasco of game 122.

Can you clarify this bit please? Does it mean that only older players are available for buying from European leagues?

If you can buy others from the euro leagues how are they available to us? SPS, random scouts, T-list or a mix of all? How important is DC going to be as well when bidding on these players?

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

Deportivo (122) wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hi Ben, this one sounds interesting - a couple of questions before I think about dusting off the wallet:

1 -- what are the general standards of player going to be in the top manageable clubs from the start of the game? Will a star-studded Saudi side be 100+OA across the board, and lower sides gradually worsening the lower we go, or will the top players etc be rated lower?

2 -- the standards of players in the non-European leagues, does this apply to the native leagues we'll be managing in? So aside from the managed clubs in, say, Argentina, it would be almost pointless scouting natively?

3 -- the scoutable sides in Europe etc, what would the general standards of players be over there? So someone like De Bruyne, are they going to be starting as a 105OA target, or will the European league players be of lower standards etc?

1 - An average manageable team will be 90 OA and lower, and 34 and lower. Am still refining the player standards, but in the latest test there aren't any players 100 OA or higher in the Saudi teams, or any of the manageable clubs. There are some players in the Brazilian League who have transfers arranged but not yet moved that are the most valuable, but it is all still being refined.

2 - Not sure what you mean. Most of the Argentinian sides are in the South American League, on the latest test, there about 10 that aren't, there could be useful players there.

3 - The standard of most of the main European Leagues will be set mainly with 123 in mind, as most won't be available to be purchased in 123. Only those who are 34 or older (37 or older for keepers), or who's value is less than £3M. De Buyne may be 101/102, 37. Nobody will be above 37.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

Fozzie wrote:
With 124 being Hard Format, before bidding starts could we have a rough idea on the better teams as some like to start in debt. Some like money and Ue points. I dont want to pay 240quid and end up with a team were i have to sell everyone.

The Saudi teams Al-Hilal and Al-Nassr are likely to be the most in debt, also Palmeras. It won't be anywhere near the amount of debt as full HFGs,

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:27 pm 

So just to clarify Ben , if we scout Man utd Chelsea etc etc we can only bid on players 34years 37 years for keepers and under 3m in value.
If i have read this correct how will you develop players for youths ?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:28 pm 

Is the reply above (point 3) saying that we won’t be able to buy anyone from European teams unless they are 34 years old+ or under £3m value, cos that’s not what the original post says?

This says “from these leagues”, which is in relation to NON European teams?

Last edited by cwatson9 on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

themouth1888 wrote:
Thanks Ben but I do have a few questions if you dont mind. I will post in here so when you answer they are there for all to see so hopefully nobody else then asks you. I need more details before I can look at getting involved after the fiasco of game 122.

Can you clarify this bit please? Does it mean that only older players are available for buying from European leagues?

If you can buy others from the euro leagues how are they available to us? SPS, random scouts, T-list or a mix of all? How important is DC going to be as well when bidding on these players?

You can scout the teams you like, find out the player's ID and stats and bid if you want to. Nobody will be help back and be released over the course of the season. IDs will be randomised between 123 and 124. I imagine the most notable 34 year olds will be bought early so DC won't play any part as everyone will start at 50%. It's possible team could spend UE point to get a lot of cash and gain some advantage in the bidding that way, but that would come at a huge cost, and would still be a big gamble.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

cwatson9 wrote:
Is the reply above (point 3) saying that we won’t be able to buy anyone from European teams unless they are 34 years old+ or under £3m value, cos that’s not what the original post says?

Teams in one of the 5 European Leagues will only be available if the are 34+ or less than £3M in value. All players from teams not in a league will all be available. There are 90 English teams not in the UK League for example, all of their players will be available as usual.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:36 pm 

Admin wrote:
cwatson9 wrote:

Teams in one of the 5 European Leagues will only be available if the are 34+ or less than £3M in value. All players from teams not in a league will all be available. There are 90 English teams not in the UK League for example, all of their players will be available as usual.

So in effect, no one will ever be able to sign the likes of Haaland and De Bruyne, until they turn 34? Hmmmm. Cheers for the clarification.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Fozzie wrote:
So just to clarify Ben , if we scout Man utd Chelsea etc etc we can only bid on players 34years 37 years for keepers and under 3m in value.
If i have read this correct how will you develop players for youths ?

There will be almost 1,500 teams not in a league. All of their players will be available as usual. There might also be some decent players that could be developed in the youth squads of league team if their value is under £3M.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:39 pm 

Admin wrote:

Hi Ben,

I think I must be tired as I'm still not getting this... OK, I'm managing River Plate in Argentina. I scout Man City. De Bruyne is there and he's, let's say, a 101OA player and he's 26yo. Can I buy him?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Deportivo (122) wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hi Ben,

I think I must be tired as I'm still not getting this... OK, I'm managing River Plate in Argentina. I scout Man City. De Bruyne is there and he's, let's say, a 101OA player and he's 26yo. Can I buy him?

No.

Only players who are 34 or older (or under £3M max price) will be available to buy from the European Leagues.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:52 pm 

This player limiting is throwing up a few qs!
If for example, a Haaland or Foden can't be purchased during the season, will those players all be available as part of EOS offers, like is the case today?

Some managers get a buzz off a name, so is it also a consideration to make it 32 (34 for Gks) as opposed to the 34/37 you'd previously listed? - Just increases the market pool of possibles

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona