Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:39 pm 

A follow on to the most recent post found here:
viewtopic.php?f=284&t=77466&start=20

Admin wrote:
Dan_139 wrote:
Hi Ben,

Really interesting set up and will be joining. So can you clarify that unless the game lasts until season 10 for example, Mbappe cannot be signed?

Or will there be any leeway to suggestions that some top players could be brought somehow?

If anyone wants to start a discussion (on a different thread) about relaxing or lowering the age limit say from season 4 onwards that is something I would be open to, and did consider.

Let's have your thoughts then. For those of you keen on 124, what/when would you like to see the top names available that are below the age threshold?

Keep in mind that rises will be lower - and when the players are available, then they'll all be available to scout/buy, i.e. unlikely they'll be released via TL as in 122 currently and at their real-life teams.

I think introducing them at for example, Season 4 could be a good start, but let's not have them ridiculous in terms of stats - if they are using the 123 player database, as has been mentioned, then let's try and limit them coming in at season 4 even to 98/99/37 - Ben has mentioned a De Bruyne might be 101/102 & 37, so you don't want that calibre of player coming in any sooner than this point, would be my view.

There's also a consideration to be had around the age restrictions proposed - Ben has suggested 34, and 37 for Goalkeepers - be realistic with any counter-suggestions, as lowering this too much will lead to some unbelievable players being available too early in the game, and massively skewing the ratings again - the same issue we had with 122 to a degree.

Ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Last edited by WbZ on Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:49 pm 

Just for context, this is the list over 32+ players. Having these players available at the start of season 1 will probably be too much. is 33 or 34 actually better?

Transfermarkt 32+ Players

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
120 - Fulham

Last edited by WbZ on Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:50 pm 

More likely to be released via the transfer list for behond MAX bidding would prefer a mixture where players dropped into random ROW sides

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:10 pm 

I'd rather they stayed away from the game. By Season 4 everyone's DC will be where we are now in G122, so you can easily guess what would happen from there if a prime Haaland, Saka, et al suddenly become available.

If, and only if, we were to consider allowing slightly easier access to players then maybe use a gradual reduction in the age limits. In S1 we have 34/37. In S2 it could drop one to 33/36, then 32/35 in S3, 31/34 in S4, 30/35 in S5. I'd be happier that way, but I'd prefer to avoid the DC scenario entirely.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:44 pm 

I think 32 opens the door to too many players especially in season 1.

If we are managing teams in South America, North America and Asia we have to remember the realism that they don't get the cream of the crop players at there peak, otherwise we'll end up assembling the usual teams Man City, Barcelona etc in the guise of a different name.

Personally I would keep it age 34/37 but maybe review it at some point in the game to see how it compares to the real markets if they start to change and the likes of Haaland start to sign whilst in there prime then at least there would be evidence to suggest a change would be required.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:20 pm 

Season 4 or even 5 would be the right season to bring in such players. On the TL for all to bid for when released by Ben & keep them in line with players OA/PV wise that are currently in the game. Not like the beasts coming into 122 where their untrainables, SA’s etc are way over the top. A slower game with single managed teams will be a great game in the making & test even the better & experienced managers more.

Midtyjlland 122 Northern Division 3 Winners (Season 1)

Krasnodar 121

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:50 pm 

I don't think all the big players should be available from season 4 onwards

Maybe in transfer window style there could be 20 or so 'Premium' players listed for sale on turn 13 and same at EOS? If one club signs a player in that window they can't in the next?

Adds in the odd superstar to give another edge to the game?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:56 pm 

With that in mind, the calibre of player available would be no higher than the top players of the time?

For example say a group of 98 36pvs for T13 and T26 S1?

Solid internationals but not worldies, like a Tonali or Konate? They can further be developed

When De Bruyne hits 34 and becomes available EOS 2 he may be considerably better than the top players but his age negates the advantage somewhat

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:53 am 

Love the transfer embargo on European players and the age restrictions on signing them. The likes of Haaland, De Bruyne, Bellingham can not be signed untill they're 34 is spot on. It keeps it realistic and we can concentrate on developing our scout finds and trialist wonderkids.
I'm off to research in the Bolivan wilderness to find an obscure low league team that nobody has ever heard of and take them on a "Road to Glory".

121: York City & Rosenborg BK

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:06 pm 

So the starting point for ROTW bids is 34+ and 37+ for keepers, with a max value of 3m.

Question is, what happens in season 2 as well, because 3m simply won't be enough.

As a proposal -

Season 1 - 34/37, 3m+
S2 - 33/36, 8m+
S3 - 32/35, 15m+
S4 - No boundaries?

Would then make season 4 onwards an 'open shop'

I like them not being available earlier, will hopefully keep the game going longer. Unsure about EOS, can see the argument on both sides - maybe if EOS were to allow the next seasons' 'restrictions' on it, then that could be beneficial, allows people to be prepared in to the next season - and spend an unlimited amount on someone a year younger, albeit still taking a risk with them dropping stats or possibly worse

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
120 - Fulham

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:35 pm 

WbZ wrote:
So the starting point for ROTW bids is 34+ and 37+ for keepers, with a max value of 3m.

Question is, what happens in season 2 as well, because 3m simply won't be enough.

As a proposal -

Season 1 - 34/37, 3m+
S2 - 33/36, 8m+
S3 - 32/35, 15m+
S4 - No boundaries?

Would then make season 4 onwards an 'open shop'

I like them not being available earlier, will hopefully keep the game going longer. Unsure about EOS, can see the argument on both sides - maybe if EOS were to allow the next seasons' 'restrictions' on it, then that could be beneficial, allows people to be prepared in to the next season - and spend an unlimited amount on someone a year younger, albeit still taking a risk with them dropping stats or possibly worse

That's a bid fat NO from me... Let's keep the Cap on these A-List players at 34+ and 3m<. We don't want a Prime Jude Bellingham playing for Portland Timbers untill he's looking for a retirement package.

121: York City & Rosenborg BK

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:57 pm 

Personally I would scrap it. ALL players should be available to scout/sign from the get go.

The restrictions are the cause of a lot of issues in games.

Great it’s a non Europe game, but for me a bit shit by only being allowed to sign old fogey’s from Europe.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:28 pm 

My Opinion
No need to change Ben's proposed system. He is launching two games simultaneously for this exact reason. Those who want to do what they did last time, can play Game 123. Those who want to try something different, pick 124. Choose the game that suits you, rather than make Ben fit the game to your requirements.

The idea is to offer a different product/ experience. As each new game progresses, teams improve hugely and rises happen rapidly. Managers rail against the speed of the rises and Ben then sets about reducing the rate of improvement which causes complaint about a lack of rises and poor training results. He can't win!

This new proposal for 124 might well strangle the supply of high-end talent. It promises to have slower rates of player improvement from the anticipated high 80s/ early 90s OA starting point. A typical side will start with a suggested £25m and 25 points which promises to ensure a containment of POT players. Smaller starting budgets will mean more thought will (should) go into spending that money.

I would suggest that we all applaud the plan laid before us - a choice of games and a new format.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:24 pm 

Dinamo Tbilisi wrote:
My Opinion
No need to change Ben's proposed system. He is launching two games simultaneously for this exact reason. Those who want to do what they did last time, can play Game 123. Those who want to try something different, pick 124. Choose the game that suits you, rather than make Ben fit the game to your requirements.

The idea is to offer a different product/ experience. As each new game progresses, teams improve hugely and rises happen rapidly. Managers rail against the speed of the rises and Ben then sets about reducing the rate of improvement which causes complaint about a lack of rises and poor training results. He can't win!

This new proposal for 124 might well strangle the supply of high-end talent. It promises to have slower rates of player improvement from the anticipated high 80s/ early 90s OA starting point. A typical side will start with a suggested £25m and 25 points which promises to ensure a containment of POT players. Smaller starting budgets will mean more thought will (should) go into spending that money.

I would suggest that we all applaud the plan laid before us - a choice of games and a new format.

BRAVO to this post. I’m buzzing for 124. A HFG with totally different teams,leagues & cups to start with. No multi managed teams & a slow burner appeals on all fronts.

123 is the perfect game to shadow 124. An EFG for all those who multi manage & like to deal is the ideal game to play alongside a potentially more challenging game.

A genius move from Ben

Midtyjlland 122 Northern Division 3 Winners (Season 1)

Krasnodar 121

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:58 pm 

Dinamo Tbilisi wrote:
My Opinion

Whilst I do agree with you, it is inevitable that come season 3 or season 4, there will be calls for change in terms of relaxing the rules around buying players from scouts, to ensure they keep up with what is in squads at that point in time.

ROTW players typically don't improve, or haven't in the past, and Ben has said that they'll be used from the 123 database version, so will have static stats, is what I take from it - could be an incorrect assumption, but that's how it appears.

If come season 3, your squad average is for example, 95/36, which I'd hope it's in reality no higher, then those players you have may then be far better than what's available in ROTW. Would lead to cash being completely inferior in the game, deals potentially drying up, and people converting to points only, possibly.
It's happened in previous games, so just purely putting it out there to cover all bases.

Otherwise we get moving goalposts in later seasons and even more unhappiness.

I'm all for leaving it exactly as it is (and have already bid for a team with the current ruleset in mind), and completely get that, but I do think it could lead to scouts becoming obsolete within a season or 2.

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
120 - Fulham

Last edited by WbZ on Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:02 am 

Throwing an idea out there to try and increase the availability of European league players but also keeping Ben's plan in mind.

What about if for Game 124 only the player retirement age is increased to 35 years of age?

This would mean you'd be preventing any top names like De Bruyne retiring at age 32 or 33 which is possible and then vanish from the game altogether. Of course a player like De Bruyne could drop stats as he ages but he'd still be available to purchase as you'd be guaranteed to have everyone available to buy when they hit age 34. Appreciate in the real world players do retire before hitting age 35 but this is about trying to make more players available without having peak Haaland join the game while he's still in his 20's.

There's no reason why players still couldn't decline once in there 30's but at least the player availability would increase, and you'd still have to be very careful signing them with limited karma in the game.

Appreciate this idea is there to be shot down, you could also throw in to the mix of not being able to reverse player retirements with this so there's give and take. Happy to put this into a new thread but felt it still relevant as an option to try and increase player availability without having an influx of peak European players joining teams when we hit season 3 or so.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:29 am 

Not a bad shout Mart. Another idea would be a season long loan of a top European player? Not sure how it would come about entirely but perhaps a high loan fee or UE points spend to make it rare?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:04 pm 

Dinamo Tbilisi wrote:
My Opinion

Agree with this 100%

Alloa Athletic 115/117
117 European Cup Winners

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:40 pm 

Dinamo Tbilisi wrote:
My Opinion

Agree with this

Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:45 pm 

Dinamo Tbilisi wrote:
My Opinion

100% agree. No need to change anything.

Discord- Dillinja84#8741
WhatsApp 07484 131951