Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Re: League format
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 am 

100% restructure is needed again..

Holland/Belgium and Russia/Turkey etc just isnt working atm.

Maybe combining them both and adding a 3rd and 4th English tier. :/

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------
Real Madrid Game 43 - Champions League Winners - S2
Inter Milan Game 105 - Treble Winner S3
Santa Clara Game 108 - Doubles Winner S2

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Changing the structure from 8 leagues and 14 team divisions would be major surgery and I'm not sure there is much of an advantage to it. The game and reports built around a 26 week season for 14 team divisions. To change it would require the game to be run on a separate programme, and any future changes would need to be made in both so it's not something I am keen on.

The problem with combining the Central and Eastern leagues, and using the empty division to add a 3rd and 4th English division is that they would have separate cups, and teams from the English 3rd division would qualify for the Champions League, which is silly.

Adding a 3rd division is possible, but the problem would be the cups.

The FA Cup has 5 rounds currently, 32-16-8-4-2. A 3rd division would mean 42 teams so another round would be needed, not such a problem, could be done on say turn 3. The league cup would have a minimum of 35 teams so would also need another round. The first round could be done on 2 and 4, the second round on turns 5 and 6. So is possible. In fact Cup wise, there is no difference between 3 divisions and 4 divisions, as 56 teams (4 divisions) is still under 64 teams.

The problem with division specific cups is European qualification, though it would be possible.

Lowering the starting OA is a separate issue, and I think transfers are too big a part of the game to entertain transfer windows.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:19 pm 

What about this idea:

4 Leagues - 3 Divisions each league.

[*]England/Scotland/Wales/Ireland - UK LEAGUE
[*]Germany/Holland/Belgium/Sweden - SCANDINAVIAN LEAGUE
[*]Italy/France/Turkey/Greece/Romania/Ukraine/Russia - EUROPEAN LEAGUE
[*]USA/Canada/South America - MLS/AMERICAN LEAGUE

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------
Real Madrid Game 43 - Champions League Winners - S2
Inter Milan Game 105 - Treble Winner S3
Santa Clara Game 108 - Doubles Winner S2

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:00 pm 

Its ultimate Europe fadi. Not ultimate Americas. If people don't wanna take club's in the league you feel aren't working. Why the hell would they want to take on an MLS side?

Discord- Dillinja84#8741
WhatsApp 07484 131951

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:32 pm 

FC Schalke 119 wrote:
Its ultimate Europe fadi. Not ultimate Americas. If people don't wanna take club's in the league you feel aren't working. Why the hell would they want to take on an MLS side?

Agreed.

What makes you think the original structure isn’t working? As I think it’s fine. 117 all the leagues have been packed, unsure about games after that one like.

I have to be honest, there is far too much people wanting to change things, the game has already had a major revamp, so can’t we leave it for now instead of trying to push for more and more changes? :roll:

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:12 pm 

I would suggest UE stick to the current format,
It would be far more beneficial to tidy up and maintain the new changes and perhaps make some cosmetic changes... such as a new rulebook perhaps?!

The game is running really well, the duel sa addition is interesting and I love the karma youth addition, I think most of us have added our kids lol.

So yeah, just iron out any little imperfections and maybe some cosmetic changes but that's all that's really needed.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:54 pm 

Admin wrote:
Changing the structure from 8 leagues and 14 team divisions would be major surgery and I'm not sure there is much of an advantage to it. The game and reports built around a 26 week season for 14 team divisions. To change it would require the game to be run on a separate programme, and any future changes would need to be made in both so it's not something I am keen on.

The problem with combining the Central and Eastern leagues, and using the empty division to add a 3rd and 4th English division is that they would have separate cups, and teams from the English 3rd division would qualify for the Champions League, which is silly.

Adding a 3rd division is possible, but the problem would be the cups.

The FA Cup has 5 rounds currently, 32-16-8-4-2. A 3rd division would mean 42 teams so another round would be needed, not such a problem, could be done on say turn 3. The league cup would have a minimum of 35 teams so would also need another round. The first round could be done on 2 and 4, the second round on turns 5 and 6. So is possible. In fact Cup wise, there is no difference between 3 divisions and 4 divisions, as 56 teams (4 divisions) is still under 64 teams.

The problem with division specific cups is European qualification, though it would be possible.

Lowering the starting OA is a separate issue, and I think transfers are too big a part of the game to entertain transfer windows.

What if the number of Champions League places was reduced from 36 to 32 with the 4 places from the empty division taken away from the game?

The Champions League 1st group stage could operate on a basis of 8 groups of 4 instead of 9 groups which would actually make it tidier to operate being top 2 only qualify for the 2nd group stage consisting 4 groups of 4 with the top 2 progressing into the usual format from the Quarter Finals onwards.

A bit of effort I appreciate but could be a solution to the over-subscribed English division in HFG's.