Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Transfer Window(s)
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:11 pm 

Had a thought about this earlier today - what would people think of a transfer window in UE?

For example from weeks 21-26 you are then unable to buy any players (could still allow loans like they do in lower league clubs in real life)

Might make managers think differently about those POT players they were thinking of trading, to hold on for EOS improvements, or at the other end, selling that star player they think might be past it if they are in a relegation battle or challenging.

2 transfer windows like in real life seems OTT. But 1 at the end of the season could make managers think differently and plan for the new season?

Might be a load of rubbish, but thoughts? (Expecting Mickey, Joe and Fyffee to hate it :lol: )

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Post subject: Re: Transfer Window(s)
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:32 pm 

It’s a good idea mate but yeah not for me. That’s the only down side but I do like the idea and probably would be fine if it was implemented.

Only thing would be is what if you wanted to upgrade your stadium and had no cash but needed to sell someone to upgrade?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:53 pm 

fyffee wrote:

Only thing would be is what if you wanted to upgrade your stadium and had no cash but needed to sell someone to upgrade?

Really good point - but you'd be thinking about doing that earlier in the season and not leaving it to the last minute, wouldn't you? And you'd still have the 25mil overdraft

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
120 - Fulham

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:28 pm 

It wouldn’t be for me.

The reason why is I don’t think I would be fair as I personally like to buy scouts and sell on for profit ASAP to make money and build up the bank balance and have hundreds of millions to buy points to make my 1st squad better when I want or need to.
Introducing a window would mean this wouldn’t be possible taking not only an element of enjoyment I get, but also mean my side would be restricted on improvement with the money not coming in.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:43 pm 

Everton 121 wrote:
It wouldn’t be for me.

The reason why is I don’t think I would be fair as I personally like to buy scouts and sell on for profit ASAP to make money and build up the bank balance and have hundreds of millions to buy points to make my 1st squad better when I want or need to.
Introducing a window would mean this wouldn’t be possible taking not only an element of enjoyment I get, but also mean my side would be restricted on improvement with the money not coming in.

Completely understand the point around the enjoyment factor, however regarding improvement, this is relative - if nobody can do deals during this time, every team is focusing on the players they have so can't improve through deals?

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
120 - Fulham

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 pm 

WbZ wrote:
Everton 121 wrote:
It wouldn’t be for me.

Completely understand the point around the enjoyment factor, however regarding improvement, this is relative - if nobody can do deals during this time, every team is focusing on the players they have so can't improve through deals?

What I mean the buying scouts to sell on is an ongoing thing. It doesn’t stop, there is always someone you can make money on. So a window would prevent it meaning I can’t buy the SA’s to improve my side of that makes sense?

However maybe make a new game with it and trial it for those who are keen for it could be a good shout?

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:46 pm 

Heyyy.... u Mr Louis :evil: :evil:

My ideas are always decent just that no one likes my PACKAGE DEALS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lazio 54 , West Ham 108 , Mainz 111 , Barcelona 112 HFG , Celta Vigo 115 , Watford 116 , Leicester City 117 HFG , Barcelona 118 , B Dortmund119 Legends , Newcastle Utd 120 , Spartak Moscow 121 HFG, FF Jaro

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:54 pm 

I'd give a game with a transfer window a go, its another thing to manage isn't it. Get your deals done prior and ensure you've got the right players to train up during the window

Previous
Newcastle 75, Sampdoria 84, Real Madrid 96, Udinese 100, Newcastle 108, Brescia 112, Padova 119, Stuttgart 120, Bologna & Tromso 121