Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Unmanaged Sides
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:11 pm 

I assume that ALL unmanaged sides will be run to their best advantage from now on?
I played unmanaged Copenhagen this week. they altered their attacking formation, made four unforced changes to the line-up and changed four of their tactical choices.
The outcome was that they secured a 1-1 draw, albeit luckily. I am perfectly happy for an unmanaged side to make the best of itself but will insist that it is carried out in every match and in every league.

We would not want to see a league title being handed to a team who were given a 'gimme' now, would we?

Post subject: Re: Unmanaged Sides
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

All unmanaged sides will tend to a base formation (wing backs, 4-4-2 etc, which one depends on a set random factor that will not change for that team). They will pick their team and tactics intelligently within those parameters.

It may be that a team with very good wing backs is set to play 4-4-2, then will not play to their best advantage. But there base formation may suit their players well, and they might give managed teams a challenging match.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:38 pm 

I was aware of the unmanaged team reverting to a base pattern. I assumed that Copenhagen, being unmanaged the week before, had already adopted that plan.
When you say that they will choose 'intelligently' but then varied from the previous week's choices, does that mean that their choices are therefore reactive and that they select their tactics once they have been made aware of mine?
As they switched from TM to CF and that was done 'intelligently' then there is obviously some reason why they made that decision and it must be to do with my side. There is clearly something for me to learn here although my comprehension of the game is not as nuanced as the machine running Copenhagen!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

This was their first week they started the turn without a manager, so the first turn of their base formation.

Pick their team intelligently as in use a PL in a 4-4-2 rather than two CMs, if they have a better PL. And pick tactics that play to their strengths, somewhat. Their team or tactics won't change reactively, according to the opposition. And will be much more predictable after the first match.