Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Variety
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:02 am 

We often get calls for different sorts of games: the old high stats; a UE point-free game; a game entirely crewed by CG players etc.
Is it the case that it is actually not possible to run more than one style of game at any one time?

Post subject: Re: Variety
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:06 pm 

ronem wrote:
We often get calls for different sorts of games: the old high stats; a UE point-free game; a game entirely crewed by CG players etc.
Is it the case that it is actually not possible to run more than one style of game at any one time?

You would think it should be possible to run more than one style of game given the variety of UE points that can be handed out which means a point-free game should be completely possible.

I don't think we need to return to the old high stats game either I think UE got it spot on in 117, stats slightly higher than 112 which I think maybe were a little too low but also there were more 9 untrainables amongst the top players in 117 than 112 which I think was the right thing to do. I think the old high stats ship has now sailed and the game has moved on, I feel it would be a backwards and unnecessary step to return a game to this format where players become 118OA's destroying the need for tactics. The lower stats mean a greater knowledge of tactics is required which can only benefit the game.

I do think there's a potential market for an email-only twice a week game, UE were keen on this idea some time ago but the timing wasn't right with managers having just shelled out for game 112 think it was. We're still probably 18 months to 2 years away from the next HFG and are about 6 months into 117 so i'd say the timing would probably be good to give it a trial run in a normal game.

What I would like to see though is a bit of a game changer.

At the moment each game is defined by EFG or HFG. Is there scope for another type of game which could create such a buzz as an HFG without impacting it at all?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:14 pm 

I know some won't be but I would well up for a twice a week game !

Yr never be bored at work again :)

Spurs 114 - League winners season 1

Watford 117 - shit times

Real Sociedad Game 118

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:57 pm 

That is the thrust of the question, Martin.
If it is possible to run more than one type then it would be great all round to have a different product on offer which might engender a lot of interest amongst the managers and prove worthwhile for UE.
I thought I'd pose the question and if it is an option then we might start to kick it around a bit.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:33 pm 

For me Iv got no problem with the game how it is, every change implemented has updated the game.

I'd like to see maybe a few mashed up games in the future.

a game where everyone starts with the same squad quality, ue points and cash, a complete even playing field.

For example, Chelsea would start with only a couple of their stars, the others would be at ROTw teams, this would maybe remove the need to be named Chelsea too.

This would just be my idea and it prob not to everyone's taste

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:39 pm 

Adding to it.

A game mashed up/fantasy as such

Mixed players at different clubs, maybe club names of your choice although I'd keep the team names.

Compeletely even starting squad value, squad size, oa , pv etc

no lower tier leagues, leagues renamed, no champions league or uefa cup season 1. 1 friendly invetween seasons

Champions league kicks in season 2, along with uefa cup or whatever name you would call it.

Tonnes more ideas to be fair lol

And prob gonna appeal to die hard players who are competitive :D

Prob not for managers who like reality

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:41 pm 

In the old fantasy football game that I played, the most popular type of game by far was called a legends game. Too complex to go into right now but was nice seeing George Best setting up fat Ronaldo on your match report!! Lol

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:46 pm 

Tim wrote:
For me Iv got no problem with the game how it is, every change implemented has updated the game.

I'd like to see maybe a few mashed up games in the future.

a game where everyone starts with the same squad quality, ue points and cash, a complete even playing field.

For example, Chelsea would start with only a couple of their stars, the others would be at ROTw teams, this would maybe remove the need to be named Chelsea too.

This would just be my idea and it prob not to everyone's taste

I agree, Tim. Can't imagine many have an issue with the game in it's current form.
However, for a man who was happy, you soon reeled off a couple of (dozen) tweaks that might appeal!

As you suggest, I'd see a lot of merit in a level playing field game where your side is just a name and bears no relation to the strength of your squad. The HFG is great but managers of both big and small sides will believe that the game is weighted against them.
Each side could then start with the same sort of base and take it from there. National sides made up only of players in the game and players evenly distributed for scouting so no easy finds at Santos etc.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:56 am 

Joe Watford 117 wrote:

Now this would be a good idea. A poll for this would be so one sided in my opinion.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:06 pm 

Thought the issue last time was some saying it would cost to much to play two turns a week ! ? Maybe I'm wrong !

Something like a Tuesday and a Thurdsay turn day perhaps :)

Spurs 114 - League winners season 1

Watford 117 - shit times

Real Sociedad Game 118

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:49 pm 

Mattyb wrote:
Wolfsburg 117 wrote:
Joe Watford 117 wrote:

Now this would be a good idea. A poll for this would be so one sided in my opinion.

Agreed Mark, we nearly had this type of game in 114 before it was changed. The issue I believe is because some still pbm only.

No way. Would have been good to hear of it before hand in order to gauge wether it can work here. I would be in favour of giving it a go, it doesn't cost more money it's just our money or tickets won't last as long as we are having double the turns in a week. However with the loyalty points awarded from UE combined with having an additional turn a week to produce could give them so much more work to do, something I can't see them wanting to commit too at the moment.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:08 pm 

been asking in forums for dont know how long for a 2 turn a week game but ue dont seem to be interested.
could either make it email only or have tuesday/friday deadline

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:10 pm 

Can't imagine I would be interested in two turns a week. Double the time into the game and regardless of what people are saying, it's double the money out of your weekly wage packet. Never say never but doesn't sound like it would suit me.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Game 118 will be launched soon, and will be a normal game.

Game 119 could be something different, there are a lot of good ideas on the thread, and polls to see which are popular will happen closer to the time.

ronem wrote:

Running different types of games it fine, a return to the high stat game would be fiddly, but certainly possible.

Tim wrote:
Adding to it.

A game mashed up/fantasy as such

Mixed players at different clubs, maybe club names of your choice although I'd keep the team names.

Compeletely even starting squad value, squad size, oa , pv etc

no lower tier leagues, leagues renamed, no champions league or uefa cup season 1. 1 friendly invetween seasons

Champions league kicks in season 2, along with uefa cup or whatever name you would call it.

Tonnes more ideas to be fair lol

And prob gonna appeal to die hard players who are competitive :D

Prob not for managers who like reality

I like this.

And it might work well with this:

cwatson9 wrote:
In the old fantasy football game that I played, the most popular type of game by far was called a legends game. Too complex to go into right now but was nice seeing George Best setting up fat Ronaldo on your match report!! Lol

But there would need to be teams in the Champions league etc, but it could be randomised.

Twice a week games are possible, but would have to be entirely email only.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:15 am 

Legends games in PFF were extremely popular. People can do themes, like AC Milan legends only, or just German players etc, loved legends games, Paulo Rossi was a god at TM.

Think of having zidane & Messi, maradona & robben, and klinnsman & crouch!

Will Inman stole a trophy from me.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:51 am 

i love the idea of a legends game, i pretty much had it with one of my first games in ue by accident.
had the awesome juve side that featured Davids, Trezequet, Zidane, Nedved & Del Piero. lol

think this would be very popular.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:54 am 

Hopefully they do it, would like to see it HFG style, in PFF the smaller teams started with more cash, the way legends were introduced was different, each legend rating had a price bracket, 86 was the highest OA, and teams introduced them by request each week, be interesting to see UEs take on it

Will Inman stole a trophy from me.