Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:27 am 

I have just been thinking about transfers as a whole and was wondering if there is any reason why we cant buy players over max? Has this previously been done and was there a reason it was stopped?

I think this could give the transfer market a huge boost if allowed. Just looking at a few players that are available this week I think it would be very hard to sell some of these guys for swaps as not everyone is keen to lose 2 top players in place of someone who is maybe 3 or 4 OA higher. Although if we could go over max for a player (say 75%-100% over value) this would enable the selling club to move the player on and then look to buy their two players from different clubs rather than looking for the 1 team to move on 2 players.

This would enable smaller clubs to get involved with this and I really think it would benefit everyone. Any new managers would not really be in the position to abuse this as I cant see anyone starting with a sizeable chunk of funds and if they were to buy a player for £50mil (his value would probably be at least £30m) then any new manager would be able to recuperate that back.

Is this something UE would think about allowing?

Thanks

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:09 am 

You can buy players over max if you DC% is high enough.

Hamburg 119
St Albans City 120 (Div 1-S5, FA Cup-S6)
Rennes 120
Inter 121

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:18 am 

Yeah but I was meaning as a rule across the board for everyone. I think it would benefit everyone

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:23 am 

Personally I like the current system, feels like you have to earn the right to buy players over max and give an advantage against other managers.

Hamburg 119
St Albans City 120 (Div 1-S5, FA Cup-S6)
Rennes 120
Inter 121

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:30 am 
Site Admin

In the very first game (11) there were no max values, and the rule was you couldn't buy any players if you were more than £25M in debt, rather than you couldn't complete a transfer if if took you more than £25M into debt.

Some managers bids like crazy, putting them selves several hundred million in debt with a fantastic team. They then just sat on the debt, which grew quickly with the interest, but with a good team on the field. If put us in a difficult position, enforcing transfers would have wrecked the team as the debt grew so fast, but doing nothing meant the team thrived, and didn't change. We changed the rules because of this.

Min and max values were brought in to protect new managers from being ripped off by sly, experienced ones, and to stop managers controlling multiple teams and cheating, moving all the best players from one to the other for very cheap deals. We then brought in an automatic transfer blocking system, as it was taking too long to do it by eye. It has evolved and been refined over time. It is not something that we are going to relax now, in case any of the problems come back.

If there was enough demand, a one of game with different rules is a possibility, but it would be difficult as the min max system is engrained in the program.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:54 pm 

with it being the first few hectic turns of a new game where players are being swapped left and right how does this automatic transfer blocking system work.

can you swap a young player with potential with a value of say 20 million for higher rated players that are 30+ and only valued at 4 to 5 million now .as long as the values match up,also been told potential does not really have an effect on price of player at this early stage is that the case .?

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Potential doesn't increase a players value, although it can be an important factor as to whether a deal goes through or not. For example if you are swapping one superior player with potential for a two lesser players it would be very hard to get the deal to go through.

If the superior player didn't have potential but one of the lesser players did, it would have a much better chance of going through.

When managers have higher DCs, you can allow 2-3 million for potential.

UE