Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Game 117 - new players
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 pm 

There is a new manager in charge at Haddington in the Celtic league. In one of his first turns he has sold two players for cash on the transfer list. It is my understanding that both these players have added potential.

My questions are

1. Have UE explained to the new manager the value of a pot player?
2. Why we're the sales allowed to go through.
3. Should Ue, in new player starter packs explain to new players that most deals are done with swaps?
4. Could there be a system to stop big players being sold for a couple of turns to prevent a new player from selling his best when he doesn't really know what he's doing?

I would like to add I did not bid, so this is not sour grapes. And if it's not a new player to the game then disregard my questions.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:48 am 

Good thread mate very suspicious indeed?!

Spurs 114 - League winners season 1

Watford 117 - shit times

Real Sociedad Game 118

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:51 am 
Site Admin

muscles4851 wrote:
There is a new manager in charge at Haddington in the Celtic league. In one of his first turns he has sold two players for cash on the transfer list. It is my understanding that both these players have added potential.

My questions are

1. Have UE explained to the new manager the value of a pot player?
2. Why we're the sales allowed to go through.
3. Should Ue, in new player starter packs explain to new players that most deals are done with swaps?
4. Could there be a system to stop big players being sold for a couple of turns to prevent a new player from selling his best when he doesn't really know what he's doing?

I would like to add I did not bid, so this is not sour grapes. And if it's not a new player to the game then disregard my questions.

1) We don't explain any details of the game beyond supplying a rulebook and the resources available on the website, which includes the forum. As the rulebook is not as up to date as it should be and doesn't detail potential, players with potential could be missed if the manager doesn't go on the forum.

2) There was nothing suspicious about the sales. Anyone placed on the transfer list is free to be bidded on by all managers, and for the reason players being placed on the list have never been blocked before.

3) This isn't true for all managers, and not everyone plays the game the same way. If a new manager goes onto the forum he can see how transfer take place in that game.

4) Not letting a manager place added potential players on the list until his DC is 60% is a good idea, it will give them time to find out about the game. This is something we will add to the game.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:48 am 

1. The new managers details are not listed, he's not on the forum, he's not on whatsapp and as far as I can see he has no method of communication with other players. This is fine if he wants to play the game that way. But could UE maybe put in place a system where any manager that takes this option be informed that swaps are the main currency? He has sold two class (pot) players and will never be sold (pot) players in return. It's a shame as I feel he lost out and he's only in the game.

2. I think this will tie in with four. Thanks guys

3. It may not be true for all managers, but it is the fact for the majority. He will not get two pot players for cash in return. A simple message saying that majority of deals are swaps could educate him a little.

4. Great idea I didn't think of using DC to control it.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:54 am 

To be fair I assumed Haddington were unmanaged and the computer had sold these players, with no contact details some could say this is still the case??

Whilst I myself have took advantage to players being sold on the list before I don't agree with it and it certainly makes the like of Haddington weaker with an unlikely chance of returning to the high levels once reached.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:44 pm 

daveyh wrote:
To be fair I assumed Haddington were unmanaged and the computer had sold these players, with no contact details some could say this is still the case??

Whilst I myself have took advantage to players being sold on the list before I don't agree with it and it certainly makes the like of Haddington weaker with an unlikely chance of returning to the high levels once reached.

Totally agree, Haddington according to the unmanaged sides list were unmanaged last week. So was it the manager or the computer that decided to sell these players on? This is there is absolutely no gain what so ever and as a result Haddington will not only slide down the table but also not be appealing to new managers either as I think we can guess they will be unmanaged in a few turns soon. I'm actually expecting this to happen to Kaiser soon in Germany. My guess is the offloading of talent won't stop there, but I won't be bidding. Poor Haddington.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:16 pm 

Fair play on the boys who signed them quality signings. Didn't realise they both had pot so in a few turns they could be massive players.

Anyone have Haddingtons team sheet out of interest?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:30 pm 

same shit, different team, nothing changes!!!