Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Busy forums
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:32 pm 

Just wondering if anyone and UE have any sensible ideas on how to keep forums busy?

I have come up with a couple I would like to hear opinions on, let's keep posts for/against polite if possible lads.

* A forced log in - Where a manager of a team has to log in at least once a week in order to keep their forum account active.

* Chat Room weekly meet - A arrangement of a Chat Room optional meet on deadline day night in order to encourage managers to make the effort to get together and discuss the game, deals and UE related topics. I know there is what's app but nonsense stuff seen and lewd pictures are not UE related. So a weekly meet in chat could be lucrative to the forum.

* Loyalty points - Maybe award frequent forum posters loyalty points as a reward for their services of keeping games and forums alive. After all a busy game keeps managers playing. I would suggest removing the UE 5 week loyalty points reward to accommodate this perhaps? Would almost certainly create a busy forum.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post subject: Re: Busy forums
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 am 

Although I like the idea of a busy forum I am not a fan of your suggestions

* A forced log in - Where a manager of a team has to log in at least once a week in order to keep their forum account active. Managers may have personal issues, be on holiday, be working 100 hours a week etc so to penalise anyone would be harsh.

* Chat Room weekly meet - A arrangement of a Chat Room optional meet on deadline day night in order to encourage managers to make the effort to get together and discuss the game, deals and UE related topics. I know there is what's app but nonsense stuff seen and lewd pictures are not UE related. So a weekly meet in chat could be lucrative to the forum. Can't see managers going for this as they are happy with chatting on whatsapp 24/7

* Loyalty points - Maybe award frequent forum posters loyalty points as a reward for their services of keeping games and forums alive. After all a busy game keeps managers playing. I would suggest removing the UE 5 week loyalty points reward to accommodate this perhaps? Would almost certainly create a busy forum. Too many points in the game already for me, bring back the days with zero points.

With whatsapp I can never see the forum being busy again, for me it means I have lost a bit of interest in the game but if that's what people want then great. Whatsapp isn't for me but its popular with a good percentage so fair play.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:31 pm 

Wolfsburg 117 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone and UE have any sensible ideas on how to keep forums busy?

I have come up with a couple I would like to hear opinions on, let's keep posts for/against polite if possible lads.

* A forced log in - Where a manager of a team has to log in at least once a week in order to keep their forum account active. Agree with Dave - pretty dictorial !

* Chat Room weekly meet - A arrangement of a Chat Room optional meet on deadline day night in order to encourage managers to make the effort to get together and discuss the game, deals and UE related topics. I know there is what's app but nonsense stuff seen and lewd pictures are not UE related. So a weekly meet in chat could be lucrative to the forum. Fair idea but how is it different to whatsapp effectively ? I dip in and out of whatsapp as I wish, think people need to accept the game has moved on and this is now a bi-product of the forum

* Loyalty points - Maybe award frequent forum posters loyalty points as a reward for their services of keeping games and forums alive. After all a busy game keeps managers playing. I would suggest removing the UE 5 week loyalty points reward to accommodate this perhaps? Would almost certainly create a busy forum.
Personally think the loyalty bonus in place now is good, again I think this concept is a little dictorial

However, I do agree, although I do use whatsapp, I do miss the days of a busy forum, I just think the game has moved on since those good old days. I think the real answer would be an UE app but I guess that would involve a big investment, but I think social media etc is where the world is heading !

M’pellier112(S1-5
ICT113(S1
Napoli114(S1
M’pellier115(S1-2
M’pellier116(S1-2
MGB117(S1-6
PSV118(S1-3
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
R Sociedad121(S1-7)
Palace122
Girona123
Nacional124

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:18 pm 

Good points lads, I too was in the what's app but found it to be majority of non UE related stuff. A UE app would be a great shout, could this be possible UE?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure how much of an investment a UE app would need. But even if one was developed, some managers clearly do want to talk in smaller groups, which is fair enough, and may still do so.

Weekly meet ups in the chat room are great, but they can only be encouraged. Rewarding or punishing players for spending time on the forum is not a road we want to go down.

UE

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:51 pm 

How about loyalty points in the form of going towards the team of your choice in a new game as oppose to ue points.

Heavy use of the forum could land you a Barca side for example!

Many of us would love to manage a big side but they are either a) given to new managers or b) to nut cases who'll chuck hundreds of pounds at it.

Just feel genuinely loyalty to the game and the forum could or should be rewarded.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:16 pm 

DarthFritzl wrote:
How about loyalty points in the form of going towards the team of your choice in a new game as oppose to ue points.

Many of us would love to manage a big side but they are either a) given to new managers or b) to nut cases who'll chuck hundreds of pounds at it.

Just feel genuinely loyalty to the game and the forum could or should be rewarded.

Didn't you leave 117 in season 2?

But agreed that it's loyalty that should be rewarded.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:39 pm 

Mattyb wrote:
If loyalty should be rewarded perhaps UE should start handing out UE points or top clubs to those of us that have played the game and paid our monies for 10+ years.

Couldn't argue with that, longevity should be rewarded but personally i think it may affect attracting new members to the game. As regards to points it seems the game has now been clouded with them, no one wants to be spoon fed points.

How about this? At the start of the game, each manager is asked if he wants to be added in to the 'points' pool with his fellow peers or prefer to play the game without points.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:12 pm 

Any idea how long it takes for the UE to give the permission for the game forum? New player (Hearts) since the last turn but not been accepted yet!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 am 

niallllll wrote:
Any idea how long it takes for the UE to give the permission for the game forum? New player (Hearts) since the last turn but not been accepted yet!

That's surprising mate, I would email them if I was you.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

niallllll wrote:

Permission has been granted.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:40 pm 

Wolfsburg 117 wrote:
DarthFritzl wrote:

Didn't you leave 117 in season 2?

But agreed that it's loyalty that should be rewarded.

Wow... stalker much? And what does that have to do with 'BUSY FORUM'??

unfortunately I was travelling at the time a lot to Nottingham and it ruined me, so alas 117 was dropped

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:20 pm 

daveyh wrote:
Although I like the idea of a busy forum I am not a fan of your suggestions

* A forced log in - Where a manager of a team has to log in at least once a week in order to keep their forum account active. Managers may have personal issues, be on holiday, be working 100 hours a week etc so to penalise anyone would be harsh.

* Chat Room weekly meet - A arrangement of a Chat Room optional meet on deadline day night in order to encourage managers to make the effort to get together and discuss the game, deals and UE related topics. I know there is what's app but nonsense stuff seen and lewd pictures are not UE related. So a weekly meet in chat could be lucrative to the forum. Can't see managers going for this as they are happy with chatting on whatsapp 24/7

* Loyalty points - Maybe award frequent forum posters loyalty points as a reward for their services of keeping games and forums alive. After all a busy game keeps managers playing. I would suggest removing the UE 5 week loyalty points reward to accommodate this perhaps? Would almost certainly create a busy forum. Too many points in the game already for me, bring back the days with zero points.

With whatsapp I can never see the forum being busy again, for me it means I have lost a bit of interest in the game but if that's what people want then great. Whatsapp isn't for me but its popular with a good percentage so fair play.

Fully agree dave m8 especially with the loyalty points, i would love ue to bring a old school HF game out with no ue points, no pot, no sa's and a proboard forum run by the managers they would prob bring back a lot of the old school managers, there were the best ue days for me.