Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Formation updates
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:48 pm 

I was wondering what the chances were of maybe having a formation update in the game where more modern systems would be acceptable to use.

For example a 4231 would be 4 defenders, 2 x AM, 2 wingers and a FR with a TM or CF up top.
Also then a 343 which seems to be a growing system in real life whI hope I'm assuming this would be 3 CB's or 2 with a SW. Then 2 wingers, 2 x CM's and then RF CF LF up top.

So what would th chances be of the formation side of the game be updated? Would anyone else like to see this area improved in UE?

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post subject: Re: Formation updates
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:56 pm 

You can choose those formations using the existing framework. It is only the manager himself who restricts his choices. All systems are valid* and will have strengths and weaknesses.

* Except Gary Richards' infamous 3-6-1 experiment.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:30 pm 

ronem wrote:
You can choose those formations using the existing framework. It is only the manager himself who restricts his choices. All systems are valid* and will have strengths and weaknesses.

* Except Gary Richards' infamous 3-6-1 experiment.

Does the match engine support these formations tho ?

I mean to go with the current real life Liverpool formation I don't thunk the match engine woukd handle it.

Celtic 99
Dundee United 102
Inverness 117
Liverpool 118
Liverpool 119
Glasgow Rangers 121

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:25 pm 

What are Liverpool doing that is different? There is nothing radical about their shape whatsoever. 4-3-3 but very narrow. The FBs bomb on so are really best represented in UE as WBs. The front three will need to stretch the game when they have possession so a RF-LF pairing with a central forward would be correct. AM-CM-PL in the middle. So pretty much my 112 side.
I do accept that the gegenpressing tactic that Klopp brought from Dortmund, and which is currently fashionable, could be added to the game in a small extension of tactical choices but would it be radically different to DFF.
The only suggestion from Mark's original post which isn't reasonably straightforward to replicate currently is the use in a 4-2-3-1 of two holding midfielders which doesn't always result in good performances from both. However. let's not dress this up. It's just a 4-5-1 and can be made perfect by switching an AM to a CM.
The 3-4-3 system which he mentions is just a tiny derivation from the 3-5-2 which won me a Euro tournament with Romania - just push my FR to his CF. The best thing to do is to try some ideas out, be that in a friendly or reserve game. There are a lot of managers who have played game after game with the same system

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Liverpool's tactics and positions are well covered. DFF and PP is pretty much 'gegenpressing'.

There is an argument for 2 holding midfielders, or AM, and this is something that will be considered.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:36 pm 

could we get a section like the subs one for changing tactics during a match,if you wanted to bring on a target man for last 15 mins if losing would be good if you could change to AB if not already playing it.
also good for little teams to be able to change tactics to DD or SD if winning to close out the game.

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

liverpool wrote:
could we get a section like the subs one for changing tactics during a match,if you wanted to bring on a target man for last 15 mins if losing would be good if you could change to AB if not already playing it.
also good for little teams to be able to change tactics to DD or SD if winning to close out the game.

It's wouldn't be an easy change to make, and would be difficult to display. We're working on other changes at the moment, but it is possibly something to look at in the future.