Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Vision
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:04 pm 

Obviously it cannot be trained, but does it ever improve over time? Surely vision is something that improves with age and experience?

Post subject: Re: Vision
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:00 pm 

Never have I ever seen Vis go up or down.

Never

But it's a good point Dan :)

Lazio 54 , West Ham 108 , Mainz 111 , Barcelona 112 HFG , Celta Vigo 115 , Watford 116 , Leicester City 117 HFG , Barcelona 118 , B Dortmund119 Legends , Newcastle Utd 120 , Spartak Moscow 121 HFG, FF Jaro

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:31 pm 

Padova 119 wrote:
Obviously it cannot be trained, but does it ever improve over time? Surely vision is something that improves with age and experience?

Should worsen if anything I'd say?
My eyesight gets worse as I get older.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

I see it as Judgement improves a player's ability to understand the game, and a given situation better, and improves over time. The ability to see things other players can't is god given and doesn't improve over time. But sure, it could be argued either way.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:58 pm 

Admin wrote:
I see it as Judgement improves a player's ability to understand the game, and a given situation better, and improves over time. The ability to see things other players can't is god given and doesn't improve over time. But sure, it could be argued either way.

Fair point. Could this be added like the increasing speed/aggression in the near future?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:00 am 

If so. It would need to cost 30 points to increase by 1.

Will Inman stole a trophy from me.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Padova 119 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Fair point. Could this be added like the increasing speed/aggression in the near future?

I used to think that speed couldn't really be improved til I read about Frank Lampard Snr and Jnr in Harry Redknapp's book, practicing sprinting a lot after training, and the difference it made. Being able to increase a players speed by 1 is justified by that, and I think aggression is similar in this respect.

But however hard a player trains he won't be able to see the things that Eric Cantona or Kenny Dalglish sees, so I like Vision being the only stat that can't be improved at all.

Another issue is, stats like Passing, Stamina, Vision are made up of other hidden stats like 'Talent', 'Athleticism', 'Confidence', 'Developed Passing' etc. Because of the way Vision is made up it would be difficult to improve it without risking increasing other stats.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:13 am 

Admin wrote:
Padova 119 wrote:
Admin wrote:

I used to think that speed couldn't really be improved til I read about Frank Lampard Snr and Jnr in Harry Redknapp's book, practicing sprinting a lot after training, and the difference it made. Being able to increase a players speed by 1 is justified by that, and I think aggression is similar in this respect.

But however hard a player trains he won't be able to see the things that Eric Cantona or Kenny Dalglish sees, so I like Vision being the only stat that can't be improved at all.

Another issue is, stats like Passing, Stamina, Vision are made up of other hidden stats like 'Talent', 'Athleticism', 'Confidence', 'Developed Passing' etc. Because of the way Vision is made up it would be difficult to improve it without risking increasing other stats.

Fair point that. Thanks for replying. I'll have to work on recruiting players with higher vision from the outset!