Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 am 

Would the game be improved if new players were added? Only asking as I think we need to advertise and I've no idea where to advertise.

Does anyone have any idea because the potential is there with the amount of people that play fantasy manager and football manager for PC.

Any ideas

Woooooooo

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:14 pm 

A lot of chat about this in the WhatsApp chat this morning.

Just chatting about the good old days of PBM'S and having to phone someone's house to ask to speak to the manager of whoever got us thinking that there must be a good number of potential managers out there who just don't know about the joys of UE.

Surely lots of untapped money out there for Ben. The old ways of advertising in the likes of shoot and match are not an option as firstly I don't know if they even exsist and also it's clearly and older market these games attract.

Social media is the biggy and things like Facebook and Twitter are tools to use. Only thing I imagine is that I doubt Ben would have the time to do all this while updating and preparing for new games.

There are a few people who would be happy to monitor and perhaps run these types of media and there are endless things that can be done. We would also need to update an beginners section to ensure newbies are not taken advantage of and again there are a few happy to look after this.

Just a few ideas

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:31 pm 

Perhaps if someone runs the Facebook site they get a free team to manage, or half price season tickets for one team.
This would require him to activily engage in football specific sites and game specific sites like football manager or sun fantasy football leagues etc etc etc.

Just an idea

Same with someone who runs the Twitter site.

Last edited by muscles4851 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:21 pm 

muscles4851 wrote:
Would the game be improved if new players were added? Only asking as I think we need to advertise and I've no idea where to advertise.

Does anyone have any idea because the potential is there with the amount of people that play fantasy manager and football manager for PC.

Any ideas

Woooooooo

So disappointing to see another thread Gary's made with poor input and opinions. :roll:

Anyway my thoughts are, of course the game will improve, more managers means more competition and busier games. Its more money for Ben then, but would appear to be more work as well. But you get nothing for free in this world, you want the more money in this line of work, sadly you have to work for it.

Also wthout wanting to offend anyone, i believe in each active game out now its mostly the same managers in them. Despite nothing being wrong with this it would be nice to have more people, different personalities and more than a couple busy games going at one time. Being in the game since 2004 i remember when UE used to release half a dozen games a year all being busy with different people in either. Now we are lucky to have a game a year with some having 3+ teams in it in oppose a manager partaking in 3 different games with 1 side in each. So working on advertising is a must for me!

I have also noticed that much of the time the older managers tend to stay in games far longer than the newer guys, so maybe we can tap in to this and see if we can work out why this happens and attempt to combat it. Maybe a UE questionnaire once a year for managers to give there thoughts and opinions directly to UE in oppose to a thread made in here which most cant be bothered to post their opinion, but then full of opinions on chat.

So for advertising i believe the mangers in the game can do this without troubling Ben. I mean how many managers can honestly say that loads of their mates know they even play UE? I know 1 person knows i do apart from the mrs, so we as managers can spread the word and point our friends and fellow football lovers in the direction of the UE website and encourage them to get involved.

Just my thoughts. Don't shoot me down!

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Magazines like shoot and match I think are still around but the adverts became less and less effective. Tried google and facebook advertising, but they didn’t help much.

I understand that social media could help, but I don’t use FB or Twitter much. Am open to suggestions to how they could be used better.

If anyone wants to spread the word about the game on any of these platforms that would be fantasic, and I’d be very grateful. I guess it would be good to have something to point to? There is a UE facebook account but it’s not really used. I don’t know if a group or page would more useful. Is it possible to have a FB page/group or whatever that managers could post league tables, match reports on?

Another thing that would help, is a busy forum. I understand lots of managers prefer whassap groups, easier to use maybe and faster to do deals. But if the forum was used more, it could be a better advert for the game, to anyone who is pointed towards it.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm 

Maxi I'm positive new managers don't stay in the game because they can't do deals.as pointed out most deals get done on what's app group and in 119 values are seriously confused star players valued at 45/50 mill so big teams won't sell and other players at 150/200 mill so teams can't sell needs to be a rethink on values and should not go sky high just because ratings do .does not help when players are put up for sale with message I love this guy and I want 40mill for him because I think he's worth more than his 30mill max.

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:00 pm 

Altho I use whatsapp, I'd love the forum to be busier and more active and people contributing but sadly I don't think this will change now.
I agree on a lot of Maxi's points. Social media platform is the way to go and we could all get involved in that to a degree, although me personally I think I would be quite tactful who I make public that I play a PBM at the age of 40 to ! But would be happy to do my bit.
I do think the odd advert strategically placed for marketing purposes by UE could attract new managers. Other forums on the internet, xbox or playstation group chats ? (don't play consoles so I'm only guessing you can do this) or maybe even a Panini sticker book although I suspect this could cost a small fortune. That is the target audience ; fantasy game players, football obsessive fanatics etc.

One small point, I think access to the forum quicker needs to be addressed, I have heard several times that managers are waiting for access to be accepted, if this takes too long it could mean the managers attention and excitement for the game could wain before they get going.

I also think new managers should maybe be deterred from the whatsapp route until they are comfortable and confident. Lets face it a lot of crap gets talked about in there and that could be intimidating and distract from what we actually love about UE !

I also think maybe the way UE advertise the forum on the MDS could be changed ? I think it could be easily scrolled past. I am always intrigued as to why some managers don't want their email and/or mobi number not being public. I can understand from Turn 1 but as soon as they realise most of us are happy, that would make me think 'well ok, no harm in it so i'll add my contact details now'

M’pellier112(S1-5
ICT113(S1
Napoli114(S1
M’pellier115(S1-2
M’pellier116(S1-2
MGB117(S1-6
PSV118(S1-3
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
R Sociedad121(S1-7)
Palace122
Girona123
Nacional124

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 pm 

Another thought...

Target local football leagues, youth or mens sat/sun football. I am a secretary of a sunday football team and I always get emails from people marketing kit/trophies/insurance etc etc. I presume the leagues give them the details ?
I could pass on all Worcestershire sunday league email addresses.
But have to be quick I suspect before GDPR regs come in to play end of May !

M’pellier112(S1-5
ICT113(S1
Napoli114(S1
M’pellier115(S1-2
M’pellier116(S1-2
MGB117(S1-6
PSV118(S1-3
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
R Sociedad121(S1-7)
Palace122
Girona123
Nacional124

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:47 pm 

Social media is the way forward unfortunately, platforms such as Facebook and Twitter could be the way to go as others have mentioned.

I think perhaps looking at how club's get allocated could be one way of enticing people, if your new and just trying the game out for the first time, I can't see that manager wanting to pay out 3 or 4 season tickets up front for a decent side... you only get that commitment from experienced managers... which leads to the problem of games becoming dull and predictable with the same managers with the same kind of sides.

And until new managers play the game a bit they will not understand how small sides with funds and ue points can be quite attractive(I for one prefer the smaller sides).

So we are caught in a paradox to a degree.

All the game needs is to be advertised better as some of the lads above have mentioned, to look at allocating clubs in a better way and finally to get a solid core of managers to plug away at the forum to increase activity and traffic.

Oh and also agree on the max values point, the gulf between players makes it very difficult to deal for some.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:02 pm 

DarthFritzl wrote:
Social media is the way forward unfortunately, platforms such as Facebook and Twitter could be the way to go as others have mentioned.

I think perhaps looking at how club's get allocated could be one way of enticing people, if your new and just trying the game out for the first time, I can't see that manager wanting to pay out 3 or 4 season tickets up front for a decent side... you only get that commitment from experienced managers... which leads to the problem of games becoming dull and predictable with the same managers with the same kind of sides.

And until new managers play the game a bit they will not understand how small sides with funds and ue points can be quite attractive(I for one prefer the smaller sides).

So we are caught in a paradox to a degree.

All the game needs is to be advertised better as some of the lads above have mentioned, to look at allocating clubs in a better way and finally to get a solid core of managers to plug away at the forum to increase activity and traffic.

Oh and also agree on the max values point, the gulf between players makes it very difficult to deal for some.

Perhaps if you are a new player, waiting for your first team then they could get mid range teams such as Spurs, Athletico, Everton, Dortmund etc etc.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm 

I agree that more needs to be done with regards to marketing. That being said, I just don’t feel the game has ‘moved with the times’. To put things in to perspective, there are smartphone apps for football manager type games that allow you to play with friends; with quicker turn arounds and free of charge. Unfortunately, we live in an inpatient world these days. I know there were suggestion of a 2-turn per week game, but we protected the postal gamer and nothing materialised; with increased UE revenue in mind, I would have thought this would have been a no brainer as long as UE had the manpower to handle it.

Suggestions of incentives for referrals to UE is something I would look at. Inventives could be turn credit as not to eat away at the bottom line. UE happy; they generate extra revenue. Introducer happy; increased demand in the game he loves, and will appreciate the turn credit.

I work for a small service based business so I appreciate how difficult marketing and sales can be; although our customer base is mainly professionals. The bottom line is: we, as customers, can do as much as we can, but ultimately the marketing efforts need to come from the top, i.e. Ben. If Ben hasn’t got the time or skills to effectively market the game, then we have no hope!

Arsenal 112
Genoa 121

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:09 am 

If anyone on Twitter please take 2 mins to like, retweet or comment or something.

This is a 90s football podcast which is good btw if you fancy giving it a go. For me this is our perfect target audience and there are over 8,000 followers on the page.

https://twitter.com/themouth1888/status ... 88806?s=20

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:00 pm 

arronpointon wrote:
I agree that more needs to be done with regards to marketing. That being said, I just don’t feel the game has ‘moved with the times’. To put things in to perspective, there are smartphone apps for football manager type games that allow you to play with friends; with quicker turn arounds and free of charge. Unfortunately, we live in an inpatient world these days. I know there were suggestion of a 2-turn per week game, but we protected the postal gamer and nothing materialised; with increased UE revenue in mind, I would have thought this would have been a no brainer as long as UE had the manpower to handle it.

Suggestions of incentives for referrals to UE is something I would look at. Inventives could be turn credit as not to eat away at the bottom line. UE happy; they generate extra revenue. Introducer happy; increased demand in the game he loves, and will appreciate the turn credit.

I work for a small service based business so I appreciate how difficult marketing and sales can be; although our customer base is mainly professionals. The bottom line is: we, as customers, can do as much as we can, but ultimately the marketing efforts need to come from the top, i.e. Ben. If Ben hasn’t got the time or skills to effectively market the game, then we have no hope!

If Ben doesn’t have the manpower then maybe look at trusted, experienced players who are happy to give their free time and effort in to do what’s required. I know some of the experienced lads helped out in a small area of the legends game, so it’s a no brainer for the future of the game for me.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:23 pm 

1) I dont mind manning the FB page to promote it.

2) What about sticker books? - During the World Cup and the premier league etc loads of kids and adults a like still buy these

3) What about a talking advert on TalkSport? - I dont think it costs that much.

4) I think instead of selling players on whatsapp, post it on the forums and screenshot the forum page to the whatsapp group, that way you are selling players on two platforms.

5) Finally, i think it would be a thing to still post in Match and Shoot etc regardless if they are not brought as much as they was 10 years or so ago.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------
Real Madrid Game 43 - Champions League Winners - S2
Inter Milan Game 105 - Treble Winner S3
Santa Clara Game 108 - Doubles Winner S2