Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:04 am 

As we all know we are allowed to bid from unmanaged teams once a season when Turn 26 comes around, I feel it's a great addition to the game as I think most of you do too with the enormously high bids that continue to go on even into Season 7 of Game 117.

However I think it's time for a tweak.

The problem with having bids on Turn 26 and receiving your player on Turn 0 is that it becomes a bit of a gamble. Players can increase or decrease upon arrival and you end up signing a player who wasn't the same player you bid for as seen when bidding.

Moving the bids to a turn earlier on Turn 25 would mean that the player you were successful in bidding for arrives 'as seen' with all the stats in tact as you were bidding on. You would also be able to add a Special Ability to your successful bid on Turn 26 meaning that they might not get lumbered with the LOY Special Ability in place where you might want to add LEA/DET etc.

So if bids were made on Turn 25 instead and for example if you were bidding on a 31 year old and you felt there was a risk of him dropping stats upon arrival this would also give you an extra week to take action such as adding Longevity to the player upon arrival (if successful)

Also by moving bids a week earlier there would also be no advantage to teams being able to pick the signings for any cup finals because you would be bidding for players the same week as you would be picking your team for your last game of the season / Champs League Final week. The players would appear in your squad on Turn 0.

I can't actually see any downfalls in doing it a week earlier, but over to you guys now. Thoughts?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 am 

2 things I would say if you bid for player and he arrives turn 25 there's still the fact that 1 week later his stats will probably change anyway the one good thing is the value won't change so helps you work out bid better.

Also say Tottenham were in Champions league final or man city were one win away from title and they were playing unmanaged team on turn 26 if that team lost star player to end of season bid does that not give unfair advantage

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm 

LUKE wrote:
2 things I would say if you bid for player and he arrives turn 25 there's still the fact that 1 week later his stats will probably change anyway the one good thing is the value won't change so helps you work out bid better.

Also say Tottenham were in Champions league final or man city were one win away from title and they were playing unmanaged team on turn 26 if that team lost star player to end of season bid does that not give unfair advantage

The player would actually arrive in your squad on Turn 26 when we are submitting our teams for the Turn 0 friendly so The Champions League Final would be unaffected, as would any league games so no advantage would be gained.

But yes you are correct in that the value of the player wouldn't change upon arrival and would likely neither drop or gain stats upon arrival therefore giving you the player 'as seen'.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

EOS bids as they are, can be a gamble, and a poisoned chalice. Many managers have been unhappy with what they have ended up with.

There would be much more control if they process happened on turn 26, managers would have more idea how much to bid for players and be able to spend Karma on them etc before the EOS process. Whether or not this would be a good thing, I'm happy to be discussed.