Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 pm 

Template
Requested By:

IMPLEMENTED

PRESSURE:

Requested By:
Admin

An idea for the future - we’re considering adding a visible ‘Pressure’ value for each team, which will change as the season goes on.

Big teams like Man Utd always have to deal with a pretty high level of pressure (giving the smaller teams an advantage). If they lose a couple of games, it can go up fast, if they recover and go on a better run it can lessen.

Smaller or just promoted teams have a much lower level of pressure, until they become embroiled in a relegation battle, at which point it goes up. Teams like Leicester who were doing much better than everyone expected last season, played without pressure, unburdened by expectation for much of the season.

Be interested to hear your thoughts on this, and how you think teams experience more or less pressure under different circumstances.

Bens Reply: It's in the idea stage at the moment so nothing is set. It would have a negative effect on some players performances. Some players could deal with it better than others, and enough players with SA's like EXP, LEA, DET and CHA would help protect against it.
I don't know how much effect it will have at any level yet, but even at it's highest level it won't have the effect it seems to have on the England team.
Wasn't planning on it working more for one tactic over another, Leicester for example played defensive attack on the break football.
Leicester being league champions would have a much higher level of pressure than they had last season.
Yes, smaller teams who stay clear of the relegation battle would have less pressure.
Yes, pressure could effect players confidence and morale if it gets too much.

IMPLEMENTED THROUGH PLAYERS STATE OF MIND

IMPROVING GK's WITH UE POINTS

Requested By:
Padova 119

Just a thought, if we can improve a players speed or aggression by 1 point just once, can we not improve a goalies PV stat by one with UE points?

Same rules apply, 10 points to improve by 1 or 20 to improve a 9 to a 10.

I know that the whole idea is to improve untrainables, but goalkeepers are difficult to find, so a chance to improve the ones you currently have would be handy.

Also, a couple of goalie specific SAs possibly? Aside from Hei, there aren't any that really benefit from them.

Something like these

Acrobat - Capable of making stunning saves from point blank range

Presence - Schmeichel like organisation of the defence, intimidating in a 1 vs 1

Sweeper Keeper - Neuer/Valdes like ability on the ball, can launch attacks from the back with ease. Equally, could get robbed of the ball and leave an open goal?!

Just throwing ideas about, keen to hear others thoughts.

From a personal point of view I've got crap keepers, but when I had Pagliuca on loan it transformed my team, so it's clear what a good keeper can do to your teams fortunes. The options to improve what you have a bit would be a welcome addition I think

Bens Reply:
I like the idea of a keeper specific SA or 2. Sweeper Keeper is good, but would be quite complicated and time consuming to add. Other suggestions for keeper specific SAs are welcome.

IMPLEMENTED WITH NEW SA's ADDED

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------
Real Madrid Game 43 - Champions League Winners - S2
Inter Milan Game 105 - Treble Winner S3
Santa Clara Game 108 - Doubles Winner S2

Last edited by Fadi on Sat May 02, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 pm 

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

INTERNATIONAL MATCHES:

Requested By:
muscles4851

Not sure if this has been asked already, but would it be possible to have a part of our turns dedicated to international turns. What I mean is it would be nice to see not just the results, but the actual matches of internationals as I think it would be nice to see how our players perform on international duty. They could be playing different positions, tactics etc and it would be nice to see how they play.

Bens Reply:
An option to scout National Matches is something we can look into adding to the game.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

IMPROVING LEVEL'S AT THE CLUB:

Requested By:
Dan Pearson
1. Develop and increase Youth facilities.
Increase level's to help "Youth squad" and improve quality of Trialists brought into the club.

2. Develop and increase Training facilities
Increase level's to help "First and Reserve squad"

3. Invest and expand Merchandising options/Club Shop
Bring in more revenue to club the most succesful are, can be draw back if wasting money on running a massive club shop and over stocking if team doing poor

Bens Reply:
It's something we've always resisted as it's not the managers job. Other changes are being worked on at the moment when there's time, so a no for the moment, but a possibility for the future.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

ADDITIONAL IDEAS:

Requested By:
Fadi

I would like this to be added to the Statistics page of your team sheet.

- Europa League Spots
Another line or "---------" type of line - To show which clubs make it to the Europa Cup (Minus cup winners).

- Improved Commentary
This was improved a few years ago, however there're still alot of mistakes and to be honest its still quite dull.

- More Staff Interaction
I feel your assistant manager should be messaging you every week with ideas etc

- Unmanaged Team (EFG Only)
After the contacts list we should get a list of all the unmanaged teams.
1) This will help with EOS bids
2) This will help hopefully bring in new people or allow players to see and have an additional squad

- Change of tactics (IN GAME)
We can do subs, change there positions but cant change tactics.

- Injuries
A review on the injuries and it's % structure because people feel they are being punished. Some people feel it's fixed because as soon as the post something on the forums the next turn have there best players injured.

-Sub Injured Players
a substitution option of 'injured', substitute player x for player y if injured. For example my fr gets injured mid game so rather than swap for the most suitable fr on the bench i could designate that in this situation my formation would change to an extra cm coming on instead.

Bens Reply:
Some very good ideas. Some are more challenging and time consuming than others, but can be considered in the long term.

Bens 2nd Reply:
Assists are tricky because of some of the original coding for the game. Not impossible, but not something that can be considered for Game 121.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

KARMA UPDATE

Requested By:
Fadi

Can we get updates on karma on our turn sheets please.
Example:
Assistant Manager: The boys enjoyed the (1 Hours or 5 Hours) they spent with the community within the hospitals etc
(Something along them lines)
Betting Shop: You bet for "Man Utd" has come through and you are awarded 50 Karma Points
(Something alone them lines)
Is this something that can be looked into?

Updated to Ben's 1st Reply: Your bets with West Ham, Man Utd and Stoke were successful, however your bets with Santa Clara, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid, Celtic, Rangers and Middlesborough were all unsuccessful. (Total Karma Awarded: 50)

Updated to Ben's 2nd Reply: Assistant Manager: You had 3 successful bets and 7 unsuccessful - Total Karma: 50.
Assistant Manager: The boys enjoyed the "1 hour" they spent within the community - Total Karma: 50.

Bens Reply:
Something along these lines is possible, but I don't want it to take up too many message slots (as they often get deleted to avoid overlaps already). Am open to suggestions about how they could be summarised. Has to allow for a manager making 10 bets, etc.

2nd reply:
It's much too long, needs to be more of a summary. And if the betting Karma points are mentioned, why not the other ways of gaining Karma? There are shorter names, but they are not all that short.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

PLAYER HOGGING

Requested By:
dunky

Firstly, no dig at anyone at all, and may not be entirely possible for UE to implement,

Is it possible for player's to request transfers? Some teams have managed to get really good players and well done for doing so, but to mirror real life in a way, could these player's become unhappy at not enough game time? could they make transfer requests when morale is very low?

Maybe even develop DIS/DRI as an SA at expense of a good one like FLA or COM. Keep the deals going and freshen games up time to time. Any opinions welcome.

Bens Reply:
I think this is a good idea. As Fadi says, players do complain about lack of first team football, being homesick, and do turn up late for training etc. There is chance players with the Dis SA can cause problems, and a small chance certain players with the 'Dri' SA may develop into something else. Maybe how often these things happen could be looked at. Quality players who are sitting in the reserves could request transfers more often, and could lose confidence more than they are. If you know of any good examples of these players, email them to the office. I'll look at making some adjustments for the new year.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

T26 EOS Bids on Unmanaged Teams

Requested By: Martin B

As we all know we are allowed to bid from unmanaged teams once a season when Turn 26 comes around, I feel it's a great addition to the game as I think most of you do too with the enormously high bids that continue to go on even into Season 7 of Game 117.

However I think it's time for a tweak.

The problem with having bids on Turn 26 and receiving your player on Turn 0 is that it becomes a bit of a gamble. Players can increase or decrease upon arrival and you end up signing a player who wasn't the same player you bid for as seen when bidding.

Moving the bids to a turn earlier on Turn 25 would mean that the player you were successful in bidding for arrives 'as seen' with all the stats in tact as you were bidding on. You would also be able to add a Special Ability to your successful bid on Turn 26 meaning that they might not get lumbered with the LOY Special Ability in place where you might want to add LEA/DET etc.

So if bids were made on Turn 25 instead and for example if you were bidding on a 31 year old and you felt there was a risk of him dropping stats upon arrival this would also give you an extra week to take action such as adding Longevity to the player upon arrival (if successful)

Also by moving bids a week earlier there would also be no advantage to teams being able to pick the signings for any cup finals because you would be bidding for players the same week as you would be picking your team for your last game of the season / Champs League Final week. The players would appear in your squad on Turn 0.

I can't actually see any downfalls in doing it a week earlier, but over to you guys now. Thoughts?

Bens Reply: EOS bids as they are, can be a gamble, and a poisoned chalice. Many managers have been unhappy with what they have ended up with.

There would be much more control if they process happened on turn 26, managers would have more idea how much to bid for players and be able to spend Karma on them etc before the EOS process. Whether or not this would be a good thing, I'm happy to be discussed.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

UE Points Agg & Speed

Requested By: Muscles

A suggestion that I think would improve the use of points for upping speed and Agg.
Currently if upping any speed and Agg it costs 10 points. My suggestion is to make the cost fit the rise better. For instance -

Speed & Agg rises
3-4 - costs 4 points
4-5 - costs 5 points
5-6 - costs 6 points
6-7 - costs 7 points
7-8 - costs 8 points
8-9 - costs 10 points
9- 10 costs 20 points

Or something similar to this style points expenditure. I've had a few players, like a CB on 6 speed and I'd love to put them up to 7 but feel 10 points is expensive for this.

Bens Reply:
Am not against this but would like to hear more opinions on the matter. Any player will only be able to go up once regardless of the cost.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

Karma Creation of Players

Requested By:
A few members

To update the use of karma players and how good the levels of them are and the cost of them is, also to remove the selection of silly names.

Bens Reply:
The current Karma Player option. 350 Karma

Newly generated players via this method will typically only have one 10 in the untrainable stats. The name must be unique in the game in question and in the masters file, so nobody will be able to use the same name as current players or legends.

New option - Gold Karma Players. 1000 Karma

Newly generated players via this method will be more likely to have more 10s in the untrainable stats. They will automatically have added potential. The name must be unique in the game, but not compared to the masters, so using legend names will be possible, as long as they are not already taken.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, and if there are any details you think should be altered. If approved there will be notice before it is implemented, but it may happen before the end of the 120 season.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

Tactical Changes Mid Game

Requested By:
Matt

Ben, what are the chances of a mid game tactical change being introduced?
Be great to be allowed to switch a tactic or 2 say in the 65th min if the side is losing.

Bens Reply:
Not something that can be considered for 121.

YET TO BE IMPLEMENTED

Increase of Subs from 5-7 on MDS

Requested By:
Martin B

Can we have the number of subs in a matchday squad increased from 5 to 7 please?

This keeps it realistic and also promotes a squad game especially where we're told older players might not be able to play twice a week.

Bens Reply:
This isn't something I'm going to consider for 121.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------

Last edited by Fadi on Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:02 pm 

AWAITING BENS REPLY

PLAYER CONTRACTS:

Requested By:
Padova 119 & liverpool

Huge thing to implement I know but I would like to see the introduction of contracts. Brings a new element to the player manager interaction and keeping players interested in your club.

Not comparing the two as for me, UE has always been the better game, but there was another pbm I used to play called Necom Games, and they had the option to offer players 20 turn, 40 turn or 60 turn contracts. I think initially after a transfer the standard contract was 15 and then it was up to you to tie them down.

Bosmans happened as a result of this, and also you were able to negotiate cut price deals as managers sought to get cash for players who weren't going to sign a new deal.

That's my biggest change now, as I would like to manage the wage bill better, and also a little pay rise could help morale or confidence when a top player is having a tough time.
-----
i mentioned this games ago but it never went anywhere if all players were at the start allocated 1 or 2 season contracts it would be the responsibility of the manager to offer a new contract (keep it to 1 season at a time) in order to keep player,im sure a new option on the actions drop down list could be done for this ,you could get a number of replies.

1..........player happy to agree contract extension
2..........player wants more money to sign
3..........player refuses to sign (on this one it then gives the manager a decision to make hold on or put on the list,if he decides to hold on to player then after contract runs out player should go on list at end of season much like end of season bid,if he sells then managers might have to sell at below value to get rid of him)
this would stop teams holding on to good players and not useing them and would see better players constantly being added to the game for smaller teams to bid on ,keeps interest in game going.

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

TRANSFER REQUESTS:

Requested By:
Dunky

Like that idea. I would like to see players hand in transfer requests. Morale goes low. Disrupt team etc
E.g - I quite like the idea of bidding for my rivals players and turning their heads

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

INJURY RECOVERY/TIME OUT:

Requested By:
Andy Davidson

I know injuries affect everybody in the game at some point and im certainly not complaining about this, generally over the years ive played UE ive been lucky in this respect, but i do have a couple of issues.

1. i think this has been discussed but the length of some injuries is a bit too much for a 26 turn season.

2. in 119 for me Pocchetino (pot,det,cha) got a 7 week injury. Fair enough. The issue i have is the recovery time. he came back at 69%. now he is at 78%. so i maybe will be able to play him next week, which will mean in effect its a 9 week injury, not 7. Now i know that we all take time to recover fitness but again in a short season maybe this is a bit too long?? Just thought id canvass opinions and see what you lads think, maybe 1 week to recover but sometimes it can be 2/3/4 turns?

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

MDS ACTIONS SECTION + RES/YOUTH

Requested By:
Jay

More action slots on MDS or better still 5 for Reserves & 5 for youths specifically for these sides only
This could be used to promote/demote to squad, Player Training & actions like PRTP or PPRP.
Praise Reserve Team Performance
Praise Player Reserve Performance
Same for youths etc

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

TEAM SELECTION/TACTICS ETC SHEET

Requested By:
Padova 119

Would anybody else find it handy to have a page in your turn that lists every team selection so far that season, what position and % each player got, who scored and the tactics that were played?
I shift through all my turns trying to remember what team I selected, where I selected certain players, how they performed and wether the tactics worked? Would just save time!

Something like this:
Turn 6 - League Away Vs Milan - Drew 2-2 - GK Stevens 74% - RB Zattarin 82% BKD - CB Aldair 88% (1) - CB Voronin 88% - LB Aurelio 78% - AM Tomassi 89% - PL Fig 81% (1) - RM Fuser 87% - LM Di Livio 89% BKD - TM Andrade 83% - RF Ivanov 82% - ZM POD FM PTW AB RAD

If all in a straight line with a smaller font to get it on the same page it wouldn't take up that much space?
Sound feasible or just lazy of me to not open up previous turns?!

Bens Reply: N/A

AWAITING REPLY

Older Players / Retirement

Requested By:
Martin B / Muscles

I think it might be time for the potential retirement age to be reviewed and nudged back from 32 years old to maybe 34 or 35 onwards.

Players these days - at least the very best players tend to play on longer. I might be picking at individual cases but let's look at Cristiano Ronaldo for example he's 35 years old but still seems to be at the very top of his game and still probably Portugal's best player.

Other top stars in the game.

Sergio Ramos - age 33
Lionel Messi - age 32
Luis Suarez - age 33
Zlatan Ibrahimović - age 38
Karim Benzema - age 32
Luka Modric - age 34
Thiago Silva - age 35

That's 8 players age 32+ who by the UE rulebook could all have been long retired by now but in the real life are probably all still at the peak of there careers too, how long could Ronaldo go on for example, another World Cup maybe?

The reason I believe players are lasting longer these days are because they have now had a whole career of looking after themselves. Personally I put it down to the changes brought to the game by Arsene Wenger and now players are reaping a whole career's worth of the benefits going on longer than ever.

It's also not just football where players are going on longer, another example is James Anderson still going at 37 years old, quite remarkable for an international test cricket bowler.

It might take a bit of work in the game admittedly but I do think it would be good to have the minimum retirement age increased which would probably also need to have the max values adjusted as well.

I also realize there's Longevity available for players to not retire and being able to persuade players out of retirement but maybe the price of these could be heavily ramped up to compensate for an increase in the retirement age?

I'm not advocating all players retiring in and around 32, just that it be a small possibility as it does happen.
For talks sake.......
1% retire at 32
2 % retire at 33
5 % retire at 34
30% retire at 35
50% retire at 36
10% retire at 37
2% retire at 38

That's all I was saying mate, think that's more realistic.

AWAITING REPLY

Trialists Nationalities

Requested By: Wbz

Just a small change I'd imagine, but is there any chance we can get youth players (trialists) to have more varied nationalities based on the country the club is based in?

What I mean, for example would be that a club in England might also receive Welsh, Irish and Scottish players in their trialists each week - a club in Germany may receive Polish players, Dutch clubs may receive Belgians and vice versa for each, etc.

Would this be possible, or is it even worthwhile is the other question I guess? Just thought it may add a bit of variety in terms of the players that come through for those less favourable nations.

AWAITING REPLY

International Management Improvement

Requested By:
Arron Pointon

I was thinking about international management recently and I think it's fair to say that it could be significantly improved and taken more seriously by managers too (rather than just for scouting).

Perhaps, if international management was significantly improved, UE could charge extra for international management? This way those taking on international management are more likely to be acting in the best interest of the country and introduces another revenue stream for UE.

Does anyone have any ideas to improve this area of the game? Or any thoughts more generally?

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

KARMA AND STATE OF MIND:

Requested By:
Darth/Terry

Having seen how well karma has gone down in regards to injuries, could something similar be introduced to alleviate moral/state of mind issues?!

For example... 300 karma points - Players take out 'player x' for drinks/golf/holiday etc...

This has a subtle improvement to state of mind or morale.

1000 karma - Send 'player x' to sports psychologist.

Causes a solid improvement to state of mind etc...

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

WORLDWIDE STATS PAGE:

Requested By:
Arron Pointon

I would like to see more worldwide statistics available/expanded, or at the very least those statistics available on request (perhaps for a premium).

Hopefully, this would be readily available information which may not require extensive effort from Ben (I might be wrong) and offering an additional revenue stream too.

By way of example, it would be great to see "Top LFs" without having to wait until Turn 12.

I am a stats man so I'd love this, but happy to hear everyone's thoughts.

*Edit: I have attached a screenshot of the current worldwide statistics in their current format

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

YOUTH/STAFF CHANGE:

Requested By:
Benbaggy/Fadi

We have briefly spoke about this on the 121 official UE podcast and we were "touching base" in regards stadium/club staff.

Stadium Name:
Capacity:
Condition (Pitch/Seating): <- This also continues to effect your ticket pricing
Staffing:

I think everyone will start the game with a level 1 staffing level.
With Level 1 you get the following:

Level 1 - Physio
Level 1 - GK/Def/Mid/Att
Level 1 - Fitness
Level 1 - Head of Youth Development

Upgrading each level will cost you 5000 Karma or £50m for each area as well, making it hard to upgrade and making you stay in the game longer to see the benefits of having say a level 10.

With level 1 you will get a 0.1% chance of your injured player coming back from injury soon, which will increase to 0.2% when upgrading to Level 2.

With GK/Def/Mid/Att coaches, you have a 0.1% chance of players improving the said individual trained area which again goes up to 0.2% when upgrading to level 2 and so on, this mainly counts towards training players in the actions section compared to your team 25 hour training.

Same with a fitness coach.

Your head of youth development how ever will be slightly different, this will effect your trialists and there OA and levels.
At Level 1 your trialists are 50-60OA, 60-65 at level 2, 65-70 at level 3, 70-75, level 4 etc, etc.
Untrainables will not be high until level 5 plus which means youve spent near £250m or 25,000 Karma to get there and maybe deserve a little rewards.
Those small teams that start off with £500m and spend £250m to increase this area in turn might get better trialists but wont be signing loads of players off big teams/scout finds as they will slowly run out of money. Plus spending £250m on just the head of youth development and not on coaches or a physio may have a decimental effect on your squad later in the season when the trialist are coming in and being trained by level 1 coaches.

Anyways, good for thought, let me know your ideas below.

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

Requested By:
Mark Rone

I concur with you that the HFG is finished. The EFG is finished. This current format is/ will ultimately be the new blueprint for a standard game.
The old EFG offers little to any apart from the fat-walleted FM fan looking for an ego-massage. I think it's role has gone. The podcast team offered the Legends as an option but this is just the same game with different names. A Legends Game could easily be offered under the 121 format. I saw, over the weekend, the tongue-in-cheek suggestion of a Women's League. Again, if you change squad names to Leona Messi and Christina Ronaldo, you have effectively created it!

I think that the future needs to be like cricket. Cricket revamped itself with a short, sharp version in 20/20. That is the alternative format that UE needs to run out as a complement.
Games like 121 should remain as the premium product but strictly one manager/ one team.

The new format would be a one-season thrash. Eight leagues with one division each. All starting squads to have identical values. I envisage a game where the top sides are unmanageable but scoutable.
So for example the English League of 14 might comprise:-
Brentford, Fulham, Bristol City, Middlesborough, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Plymouth, Tranmere, Hull, Bolton, WBA and Oxford.
There would be a one week hiatus at the start so that nobody got dealt a result that had no input from the manager. Each team would have identical budgets and instead of UE points, you'd be given one each of LEA, FLA, DET, etc to add to your side but use them quickly because its 26 weeks and done.
I think that this format, which I am sure has been, in some form, suggested elsewhere before, would offer a very different alternative to the longer format. Every 26 weeks, we could return to the excitement of that new game smell!

Institute a new cup tournament to replace the CL/ UEFA Cups. All 132 sides into a KO competition to provide a European champion. It only requires 8 turns including a 4 tie preliminary round to get a winner, so not too lumbering.
There would be nothing to stop multiple games running at the same time. I think that it would offer a new income stream for UE which should always be our prime consideration.

Bens Reply:
N/A

AWAITING REPLY

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------

Last edited by Fadi on Sun May 31, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:02 pm 

REJECTED PROPOSALS

KARMA POINTS - MDS:

Requested By:
Padova 119

10 points for this, I would have thought this should count for reserves and youth as well? So 30 points available per week for the managers who do this each week?

We take the time to manage these teams, to play players in there best positions and train them up, so surely we should get 10 points per MDS for these as well? Generally its going to take a couple of seasons to really afford the big Karma purchases and I think I'm right in thinking the kind of managers to benefit from this are the ones who build a team for future by managing youth/reserves.

Just a thought. I know its been implemented now but I actually thought the submitting an MDS bit meant each team not just first team, otherwise I would have brought this up beforehand!

Reply to Ben's 1st Comment: You shouldn't get one for submitting your own MDS (which is what 10 points?).
Maybe now give 5 points for res mds and 5 for youth...
This way no influx of increased point gained.

Bens Reply:
The high end Karma options are powerful, and should be something that is takes time (around a season) to save up for, everything was priced with this in mind.
More actions slots or points for submitting reserve and youth MDS' would mean more Karma points are generated faster than they were meant to be.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------

Last edited by Fadi on Sat May 23, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:03 pm 

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE -- ALL POSTS BELOW THIS POINT WILL BE DELETED

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------