Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: The next legends format
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:07 am 

I've championed this a few times and a few people have backed me up, rather than the legends be from every era, have the game start at a certain point in history with all the squads up to date for that season.

What are peoples thoughts? I know we have the next HFG on the horizon, but something like this I imagine would take a good few months to sort out. I for one would be happy to help Ben with compiling up to date squad lists with correct ages. I like the idea of altering the course of history!

Suggested start points (I'm assuming based on the average age of us playing)

94/95 season after WC 94

96/97 season after Euro 96

98/99 season, Treble Winners season

2003/04 season, Galactico Era

What are people's thoughts?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:41 am 

I would be happy with whatever era, it was more of the age ranges that i preferred mixed up better and that would happen going off your idea anyway. In the current legends game i found so many of the players tended to be around the same age range, none were young so now we are in season 6 legend players are in their 30's unless retired and come back but even then they're coming back mid to late 20's again.

My only other concern is manager participation. A lot left the legends games way too early, the same happened when managers campaigned for a 2 European League's instead of the usual 8 major leagues which fell on its arse almost immediately and ended up being a waste of time for Ben, so im unsure how keen he would be for this idea but its deffo a good one and one i would like to see in a game.

Random one, instead of one particular time wouldnt say a '90's premier league' era be better rather than a particular season?

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:04 pm 

Matthew M wrote:
I would be happy with whatever era, it was more of the age ranges that i preferred mixed up better and that would happen going off your idea anyway. In the current legends game i found so many of the players tended to be around the same age range, none were young so now we are in season 6 legend players are in their 30's unless retired and come back but even then they're coming back mid to late 20's again.

My only other concern is manager participation. A lot left the legends games way too early, the same happened when managers campaigned for a 2 European League's instead of the usual 8 major leagues which fell on its arse almost immediately and ended up being a waste of time for Ben, so im unsure how keen he would be for this idea but its deffo a good one and one i would like to see in a game.

Random one, instead of one particular time wouldnt say a '90's premier league' era be better rather than a particular season?

A 90s Premier league era would still have jumbled ages, although the theme covers a 10 year span so more variation of the top players. Agree its a niche game and Ben would need a fair commitment to make it happen. Still something that would be worth doing a survey for maybe, gauge people's thoughts a bit more

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:44 pm 

So what your saying is a no-transfer game and at the end of every season you get players and players are taken off you as per that seasons transfers?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------
Real Madrid Game 43 - Champions League Winners - S2
Inter Milan Game 105 - Treble Winner S3
Santa Clara Game 108 - Doubles Winner S2

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 5:00 pm 

This sounds like a fifa on PS4/Xbox idea

Not for a play by mail game

Game is fine as it is.....too many people pushing for too many changes

Stirling - game 107
Aberdeen - game 110
Dresden - game 112
Udinese - game 121
Vorskla Poltava - game 121
Aberdeen - Game 123
Nublense FC - Game 124

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:49 pm 

Fadi wrote:
So what your saying is a no-transfer game and at the end of every season you get players and players are taken off you as per that seasons transfers?

No, not a no transfer game, just a legends game from a specific start point with the player ages and abilities reflecting that current period.

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:50 pm 

Neily wrote:
This sounds like a fifa on PS4/Xbox idea

Not for a play by mail game

Game is fine as it is.....too many people pushing for too many changes

Not pushing the idea at all, I feel like the game is in the best position it's ever been in, just a thought outside the box for a variation of it!