Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Variety of games
 Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:45 pm 

Forgive me for just chatting shit but I'm bored and just interested in what other people think about games going forward.

Who would like to see different variety of games? Not just legend games, but games that have a twist. Examples I remember from previous threads and pbms I've played such as

Single season shootout game - Completely jumbled squads, Mbappe could be at Leeds United. All manageable teams start with exactly the same squad values and no ue points. Maybe even no transfers. No excuses, win the league or Cup. Pay your season ticket up front, no auction, Ben runs an Cup style draw, you won't know what team you are or who is in it until turn 1 lands in your inbox. No disappointment as such as even squad values so everyone will have a big player or 2. Just a bit of fun to run alongside your HFG sides, reduced price season ticket for niche market.

Transfer window game - Only able to buy players for first 3 turns, a 2 turn window mid season and then eos. Much more tactical emphasis then in making what you have work

Legends season game - Game starts at a point in time, example 1998/99 season. All squads ages and abilities up to date with that point in time. Will united still win the treble? Will Franny Jeffers fulfil his fox in the box potential?! Could even throw more legends in at the start of their careers as the game continues, in line with what season they broke through. Starting as a trialist for example or just landing on the rotw transfer list on turn 26 for everyone to bid on. For example season 3 would be 2000/2001 and at turn 26 of season 2 an 19 year old David Villa turns up on the list

2 turns a week game - Throwing it in there, doesn't need explaining. Email only. Wouldn't suit me personally but I'm throwing ideas for everyone

Anybody else got ideas?

Previous
Newcastle 75, Sampdoria 84, Real Madrid 96, Udinese 100, Newcastle 108, Brescia 112, Padova 119, Stuttgart 120, Bologna & Tromso 121

Post subject: Re: Variety of games
 Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:50 am 

Dan_139 wrote:
Forgive me for just chatting shit but I'm bored and just interested in what other people think about games going forward.

Who would like to see different variety of games? Not just legend games, but games that have a twist. Examples I remember from previous threads and pbms I've played such as

Single season shootout game - Completely jumbled squads, Mbappe could be at Leeds United. All manageable teams start with exactly the same squad values and no ue points. Maybe even no transfers. No excuses, win the league or Cup. Pay your season ticket up front, no auction, Ben runs an Cup style draw, you won't know what team you are or who is in it until turn 1 lands in your inbox. No disappointment as such as even squad values so everyone will have a big player or 2. Just a bit of fun to run alongside your HFG sides, reduced price season ticket for niche market.

Transfer window game - Only able to buy players for first 3 turns, a 2 turn window mid season and then eos. Much more tactical emphasis then in making what you have work

Legends season game - Game starts at a point in time, example 1998/99 season. All squads ages and abilities up to date with that point in time. Will united still win the treble? Will Franny Jeffers fulfil his fox in the box potential?! Could even throw more legends in at the start of their careers as the game continues, in line with what season they broke through. Starting as a trialist for example or just landing on the rotw transfer list on turn 26 for everyone to bid on. For example season 3 would be 2000/2001 and at turn 26 of season 2 an 19 year old David Villa turns up on the list

2 turns a week game - Throwing it in there, doesn't need explaining. Email only. Wouldn't suit me personally but I'm throwing ideas for everyone

Anybody else got ideas?

Now that is an idea I like. You could up the scouts to 20 for those 4 weeks and then go with turns 12-14 with the ROW clubs offering their wares but no scouts and all players listed via the transfer list!

As for 2 turns a week I think it would take out the traditional format of the game and prevent many from playing. I only have 3 teams at present but 2 of those are nearing completion stage but with EOS not too far away I will see what transpires.

The single season shootout too sounds a good idea but I think that is more structured in a superleague format.

Benfica - Game 121

Besiktas - Game 122

We are not a defensive team. I say we are a strong team in defensive terms, but at the same time lacking sufficient fluidity in attack because that will take time to come.

(07723) 676190 Happy to Help

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:09 am 

I've given the single season shootout a fair bit of thought to be honest. Here's a few pointers on how I would run it.

- Season ticket only, paid for in advance. Say maximum of 112 managers in the game (Fill the 4 main divisions)

- Reduced price season ticket, maybe £40/50. I'm guessing this would make it viable to be run but also compensate for the lack of scouting and reserve/youth management

- Ben announces all manageable teams in advance, and runs an FA Cup style draw to allocate teams to managers (Although having the squads jumbled takes away the prestige of managing top clubs but keeps a realistic team name)

- Top class players, within a certain oa/pv bracket are evenly distributed throughout the squads. Similar to how Ben did the legends games. This ensures every club in the game will have a marquee player to start. All squads then jumbled to have an equal total value.

- No buying from ROTW sides, just between managers. All start with the same transfer budget.

- Game is completely even, and everybody has a chance to have great players in their squad. Gives somebody who cannot afford to pay for a big team in an auction HFG the chance to start with Mbappe for example.

- Every team has to have a marquee player, they can only be swapped for each other. Stops any team sharing or hoarding players.

- No UE points, not applicable for a single season game.

I envisage this kind of game would appeal for the many players who like to wheel and deal, who are getting inpatient with POT lock and seem to have deals stacked up turns in advance.

It also gives everybody a chance to manage the top players, particularly managers who can't afford to bid for the big sides.

This may aid the HFG, in that being a cheaper game and less features, so therefore less time consuming, can easily run alongside you HFG side and whet certain people's appetites for the wheeling and dealing aspect of the game. This could improve HFG longevity.

In terms of this being a single season game, perhaps at turn 22, if it was a hit, Ben can then collect payments for the next season, people can renew or if not drop out and some managers could double up on teams or new managers join up. Once confirmed, Ben can hit the reset button and on turn 1 a fresh side with a fresh blend of players can drop into your inbox and the chaos starts again.

Previous
Newcastle 75, Sampdoria 84, Real Madrid 96, Udinese 100, Newcastle 108, Brescia 112, Padova 119, Stuttgart 120, Bologna & Tromso 121

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:54 pm 

you had me until you mentioned

* No buying from ROTW sides, just between managers. All start with the same transfer budget.*

this gives an unfair advantage to 'social media users' yes ok the majority of players probably do this but not 100% for one reason or another... why not go back to the early days when ALL deals where done via the game turn transfer list which would stop any buddy sales and make everyone equal in the eyes of Ben.....

newcastle game 117
aberdeen game 120
Lokomotiv Moscow game 121
Paris St Germain game 122

A Geordie born and bred...... haway the lads......

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:59 pm 

Warthog wrote:

* No buying from ROTW sides, just between managers. All start with the same transfer budget.*

this gives an unfair advantage to 'social media users' yes ok the majority of players probably do this but not 100% for one reason or another... why not go back to the early days when ALL deals where done via the game turn transfer list which would stop any buddy sales and make everyone equal in the eyes of Ben.....

Campaigned for this for ages really want a cash only game.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:03 pm 

Warthog wrote:

That's a great idea actually, all sales done via transfer list. If multiple teams bid max then randomly select one.

Equally though, with all due respect, this is a game I had in mind for the wheeler dealers, so It may not be the format for you

Previous

Last edited by Dan_139 on Tue May 05, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:05 pm 

Everton 121 wrote:
Warthog wrote:

Campaigned for this for ages really want a cash only game.

Cash only but only swap the marquee players? That stops marquee players being hogged

Previous