Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:19 am 

Had to start this as there is no posting permitted on Fadi's thread.

I just wanted to point out that the introduction of seven substitutes rather than the existing five would prove counter productive to any attempt to resist the 'hogging' of players.
Extra sub's spots would mean more players getting a matchday look-in, thereby satisfying their demand for inclusion. This means that they would not agitate for a move.
I think that the demand for extra sub slots is answered by the versatility SAs which make one player able to cover several positions.
Stick with five.

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 4:53 pm 

A very valid point and yes I too would like to see 7 subs but the versatility option does quite rightly add depth to your bench and even the option to change formation

Besiktas - Game 122

(07723) 676190 Happy to Help

Last edited by Jay on Mon May 04, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:37 pm 

Fortuna Sittard 121 wrote:

I just wanted to point out that the introduction of seven substitutes rather than the existing five would prove counter productive to any attempt to resist the 'hogging' of players.
Extra sub's spots would mean more players getting a matchday look-in, thereby satisfying their demand for inclusion. This means that they would not agitate for a move.
I think that the demand for extra sub slots is answered by the versatility SAs which make one player able to cover several positions.
Stick with five.

I do agree with what you're saying about the versatility SA's making players able to cover several positions.

But one flaw I've seen with this is that if your player is currently sitting in the defence with MID and say your AM gets injured, I have found your defender with the highest AM PV on the subs bench still will not get brought on because the CPU cannot recognize the player as a midfielder and will instead opt for an alternative midfield player from your bench who probably does not play AM.

If this flaw can be corrected then I guess there's more argument to sticking with five although there is also the 'realism' that seven subs are used these days. If seven subs can be implemented and still make a player agitate for a move because they haven't started a game then this would be a great solution.

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 5:43 pm 

Stick with five.

I made a PBM when I was 16, and PC's were new. How does anyone here know the programme that Ben uses ? … I used fifa to run my games. question everything... Who has seen this system or programing ? :P I feel its all random and stats mean nothing. Been playing Fantasy football for atleast 24 years btw. Not being a dick, just curious as to how this game is simulated... anyone know ? besides words from email ?

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 pm 

SC Braga wrote:

Stick with five.

I made a PBM when I was 16, and PC's were new. How does anyone here know the programme that Ben uses ? … I used fifa to run my games. question everything... Who has seen this system or programing ? :P I feel its all random and stats mean nothing. Been playing Fantasy football for atleast 24 years btw. Not being a dick, just curious as to how this game is simulated... anyone know ? besides words from email ?

I hope I never find out! It would spoil the UE mystery & I quite like the fact the mention of a dice is used.... :D

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:51 pm 

Everton 121 wrote:
SC Braga wrote:

Stick with five.

I hope I never find out! It would spoil the UE mystery & I quite like the fact the mention of a dice is used.... :D

oh my, haha