Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Worldwide Statistics
 Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:57 am 

I would like to see more worldwide statistics available/expanded, or at the very least those statistics available on request (perhaps for a premium).

Hopefully, this would be readily available information which may not require extensive effort from Ben (I might be wrong) and offering an additional revenue stream too.

By way of example, it would be great to see "Top LFs" without having to wait until Turn 12.

I am a stats man so I'd love this, but happy to hear everyone's thoughts.

*Edit: I have attached a screenshot of the current worldwide statistics in their current format

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arsenal 112
Genoa 121

Last edited by arronpointon on Mon May 11, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Worldwide Statistics
 Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:38 am 

Agreed. Obv the data is there already, just a case of how it could be presented/ accessed on a more regular basis.

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:51 am 

I like this, again as you've said Arron, providing it isn't a burden for Ben to produce.

Also, I think having it as a premium would be fair.

I've always taken an interest in the worldwide stats page(despite not often being in it :lol: )... I tend to find myself looking for little things like, top penalty takers.

And trying correlate if there certain attributes or SAs that increase goals to chance ratios etc...

Thumbs up from me!

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:18 pm 

I think if this is going to be considered it should be available on request to those that want it but as part of the season ticket price. Having add ons for one thing, then another doesn't work for me. I am all for having a look at these stats on a more regular basis than twice a season though.

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:19 pm 

As long as no advantage was gained from paying to effectively see ROTW players on the list & have an advantage scouting wise.

So if no ROTW players were on the list & it consisted of the main manageable leagues only then I'd say good idea.

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:42 pm 

Thanks for all your input so far (I think these sort of things are good for the forum).

Some good points about excluding ROTW players too. One of the main points being that it may end up being abused for scouting (similar to international management).

The one difference between this and international management would be that the former is information available to anyone who so wishes to request, and the latter being limited to those fortunate enough to secure certain international teams.

If it was added as an Extra Print it would be similar to requesting a ROTW List; those that request may be perceived to have an advantage over those that don't/can't (this point is intended to be a general observation rather than a scouting specific point).

There is, of course, a valid argument that this changes the scouting fundamentals (which may not be popular) and on balance perhaps ROTW players should be removed from the statistics.

As a game of stats, I think additional/readily available stats to better inform decision making could be a positive introduction. If introduced we could keep the worldwide stats pages in their current format for those that wish to play the game unaffected.

Arsenal 112
Genoa 121

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:01 pm 

I like the idea, id like to see it as part of the season ticket but a 50p or more charge if you dont have a season ticket.

Finding a top LF in scouts through this data will be easier yes, but how many others will use it?

I just think this is an advanced Player Search or Position Search and is better suited to the game and the way it is now.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
-------------------
Real Madrid Game 43 - Champions League Winners - S2
Inter Milan Game 105 - Treble Winner S3
Santa Clara Game 108 - Doubles Winner S2

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:05 pm 

Tondela wrote:
I think if this is going to be considered it should be available on request to those that want it but as part of the season ticket price. Having add ons for one thing, then another doesn't work for me. I am all for having a look at these stats on a more regular basis than twice a season though.

Agreed.

Just like a scouting team sheet I think this would be a good way of finding this info if it’s what you want along with top MR’s that turn, PV and OA as you would find other weeks.

So make them all scoutable.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:47 pm 

So basically let's find the best team/player to scout by requesting a sheet with them on?!

Far too easy & flaws the whole idea of scouting to find a gem.

How easy do people want a game?

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:00 pm 

West Ham G121 wrote:
So basically let's find the best team/player to scout by requesting a sheet with them on?!

Far too easy & flaws the whole idea of scouting to find a gem.

How easy do people want a game?

100% with Richard on this. Only players within manageable leagues should be included.
There's nothing wrong with Arron's request but, honestly how many managers would use this option to see the hierarchy of players in any position. It is likely that it would be popular just before Turn 26 bids.
We get this information on a twice a season rotation so this just sounds like an extra unnecessary task for admin.

Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:28 am 

I'd like to see more stats available as well if possible, the data is clearly already available in the game so maybe an extra print option would be an idea.

Of course the idea would not be to gain an advantage on scouting so I am in agreement it would have to only be players from manageable teams. Even remove the player's club if it helps to avoid scouting issues.

I like it in the sense it's just expanding on what's already available in the game and making it available to anyone who might have an interest in this at the expense of an extra print space.