Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Squad Holiday
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:08 pm 

With nearly every player that you sign displaying a "Settling in" State of Mind I have a suggestion that could improve this and general morale, confidence and state of mind.

My suggestion is thus: A Squad Holiday

For this it would be a simple action that could really benefit the team and you could structure it in a way that benefits the players involved for example:

Holiday Level 1: Morale Booster - Players head to the bars to unwind however you could have issues with regard to arguments with each other however they are normally good natured and can increase morale levels and especially State of Mind - COST - 20% of the Wage Bill

Holiday Level 2: Players head to the Golf Course / Spa break - A more dignified holiday that can improve State of Mind and Morale & Confidence - COST 50% of Wage Bill

Holiday Level 3: Players undergo an Intensive Holiday resting before "Big Games", Returns higher fitness levels, reduces injuries by an additional week, All players return with a boost in Morale, Confidence, State of Mind improvement - COST - 100% of the Wage Bill - Recommended to be used only once per Season.

Whenever these Holiday Options are exercised you cannot Train or send any Player on a Charity exercise that week but you reap what you sow!

These options are only applicable to the players that are in your squad the week you select it for example if a players drops into your reserves after being injured you will need to promote him to the first team for him to go on the Holiday!

Also cannot be done on Weeks you have 2 Games however this could be used when International Matches are played!

Benfica - Game 121

Besiktas - Game 122

We are not a defensive team. I say we are a strong team in defensive terms, but at the same time lacking sufficient fluidity in attack because that will take time to come.

(07723) 676190 Happy to Help

Last edited by Jay on Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Squad Holiday
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:23 pm 

dont think that will help your cause :D

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:28 pm 

He who laughs last, laughs loudest!

Benfica - Game 121

Besiktas - Game 122

We are not a defensive team. I say we are a strong team in defensive terms, but at the same time lacking sufficient fluidity in attack because that will take time to come.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:29 pm 

Is this because your team's been on holiday all season Jay??

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:45 pm 

Your Form is almost as good as mine!

Benfica - Game 121

Besiktas - Game 122

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:17 pm 

I like this idea actually, I just think each "Holiday Level" should only be allowed to be used once per season. otherwise those wheeler and dealer managers will be on holiday every second week!

Gornik Zabrze - 121

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:31 pm 

Good idea

Midtyjlland 122 Northern Division 3 Winners (Season 1)

Krasnodar 121

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:05 pm 

Yeah seems a decent idea to me.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:21 pm 

I would say for this to work it would have to involve the cost of karma and not the wage bill. The cost on wages proposed would be nominal. Having a karma cost would make it a bit more balanced to get so many benefits from this and would have a true tangible cost.

I also think there are too many benefits for this to be applied in an HFG.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:40 pm 

I'd like this in a Legends game. Imagine George Best on All-inclusive!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:45 am 

Think it’s a good idea, like it.

Just waiting for Mus to come in with he doesn’t like it or doesn’t mind but it’s not for him ;) :lol:

But yeah one of your better ones Jay & thumbs up from me.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:14 am 

Yes I Like this idea

Alloa Athletic 115/117
117 European Cup Winners

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:34 am 

Just like Maxi has said here I am. I'm no sycophant and will put my own opinion out there.

This is a shocking idea

1. The cost of these holidays is very low, 20% of wage bill is nothing. 100% of wage bill for some is about 100k, you think that small amount should give you all those benefits? Even UE points don't give you that many benefits. Ridiculous

2. What's with the constant need to add more and more obscure actions to the game in order to make it easier? Why not just say do away with injuries, state of mind, fitness and give us all cheat codes to make the game easier.

Well over to the sycophants that want the game made easier........

PS - reassuring a player removes "settling in" at the meagre cost of 1 action slot.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:08 am 

Hate the idea, you don’t need to add more stuff to the game. If you want it to be like that then maybe managers who don’t do well get sacked? You would be long gone in game 121 by now Jay lol

Genoa 119

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 am 

To play devils advocate..........

Some of the benefits of the holiday should be........

1. Speed rises for everyone after learning to run on sand Rocky style on a Majorcan beach.

2. Aggression rises for everyone after they all get smashed on Jack Daniels and fight with all the stags in Magaluf.

3. Vision rise for everyone after taking LSD at the BCM club and developing the knack for seeing things.

4. Teamwork SA could be added to some after 5 players learn to work together while tag teaming the waitress at the hotel.

5. LEA can be added to the person that organises where they all sit on the plane.

6. Player gets injured after getting ass cheeks burnt while tag teaming that waitress on the beach.

7. Players all get covid 19 and you get deducted 9 points for three missed matches.

8. One or two of the players get reliability added after proving they can pump for hours with a willing Hen party member.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:35 am 

Jay wrote:
With nearly every player that you sign displaying a "Settling in" State of Mind I have a suggestion that could improve this and general morale, confidence and state of mind.

My suggestion is thus: A Squad Holiday

For this it would be a simple action that could really benefit the team and you could structure it in a way that benefits the players involved for example:

Holiday Level 1: Morale Booster - Players head to the bars to unwind however you could have issues with regard to arguments with each other however they are normally good natured and can increase morale levels and especially State of Mind - COST - 20% of the Wage Bill

Holiday Level 2: Players head to the Golf Course / Spa break - A more dignified holiday that can improve State of Mind and Morale & Confidence - COST 50% of Wage Bill

Holiday Level 3: Players undergo an Intensive Holiday resting before "Big Games", Returns higher fitness levels, reduces injuries by an additional week, All players return with a boost in Morale, Confidence, State of Mind improvement - COST - 100% of the Wage Bill - Recommended to be used only once per Season.

Whenever these Holiday Options are exercised you cannot Train or send any Player on a Charity exercise that week but you reap what you sow!

These options are only applicable to the players that are in your squad the week you select it for example if a players drops into your reserves after being injured you will need to promote him to the first team for him to go on the Holiday!

Also cannot be done on Weeks you have 2 Games however this could be used when International Matches are played!

Horrendous idea.

GAME 121BrentfordLeague Cup S1, Div 1 S4
Game 121RandersDiv 1 S2, Champs S4,S5, FA Cup S3,S5,

Last edited by Andy_Gibbo on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:36 am 

muscles4851 wrote:
To play devils advocate..........

Some of the benefits of the holiday should be........

1. Speed rises for everyone after learning to run on sand Rocky style on a Majorcan beach.

2. Aggression rises for everyone after they all get smashed on Jack Daniels and fight with all the stags in Magaluf.

3. Vision rise for everyone after taking LSD at the BCM club and developing the knack for seeing things.

4. Teamwork SA could be added to some after 5 players learn to work together while tag teaming the waitress at the hotel.

5. LEA can be added to the person that organises where they all sit on the plane.

6. Player gets injured after getting ass cheeks burnt while tag teaming that waitress on the beach.

7. Players all get covid 19 and you get deducted 9 points for three missed matches.

8. One or two of the players get reliability added after proving they can pump for hours with a willing Hen party member.

Genius idea.

GAME 121BrentfordLeague Cup S1, Div 1 S4
Game 121RandersDiv 1 S2, Champs S4,S5, FA Cup S3,S5,

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:40 am 

No

Tottenham 117

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:55 am 

Got to say, I agree with muscles here. I would like new ideas to make the game harder rather than every new addition to the game making it easier.

In this game alone we have had reduced overdraft interest for big clubs, half price UE points, a visual guide added for our players state of mind, numerous new SA’s added, 5 or 6 new ways to build Karma points, even Ben handing out a few pointers on why things have happened in match engine, which is helpful but unnecessary in my opinion.

Bearing in mind we can now train more players than we used to be able too, reduce injuries, boost confidence, stop people from retiring, adding longevity to keep old players good and don’t get me started on the 10*10*10* karma players.

Maybe just me but I feel everything is becoming more one sided. I would like more long term injuries, my CB head butted someone in the face this turn and misses one match, fuck him he should miss 4 or 5 lol, I want to see more dropped stats on players that aren’t getting game time across all 3 squads and the general rises of the game to slow down considerably. I know that many wouldn’t agree with this but let’s not try and keep adding easy options to the game.

100/104/107/112 Hibs League/Cup winner
108 Mallorca
114 Palermo CL/FA/League Cup
115 FC UFA League/FA Cupx2
116 Nice League/Cup x3
117 Foggia League/Cup
118 Hoffenheim League/Cup x3
119 Sevilla
120 Porto - Champs S1,S2

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and Jay for the suggestion.

For me there are two options if this was to be introduced.

Squad holiday. Basically giving everyone the week off (when there is no cup game). The cost would be no training would happen, either team training or individual training. Also no charity work. Benefits could be better recovery for tired players and improved morale possibly state of mind.

A training camp. Again, when there is no cup game. Wouldn't be better training, wouldn't boost confidence, may boost morale might help state of mind. Would have some financial cost.

Nothing too dramatic or powerful, nothing that costs Karma.