Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Master Tactic

A seventh tactic has been added to the game. Any of the 18 tactics for defence, midfield or attack are eligible to be used as the 7th tactic.

It can be used in 2 ways:

1) Selecting an additional tactic, which would allow you to have 3 tactics for defence, midfield or attack. This opens up new possibilities and combinations, some more powerful than others, that haven’t been possible before.

2) Selecting a tactic to double up on, a tactic you have already chosen as one of your six tactics. This then becomes a master tactic, something you tell your team to focus on more above all else.

Coinciding with this change, there will be a significant update to the match engine.

SA requirements/cost changes

Some SAs will have a minimum stat requirement a player must meet if you want to add that SA to him with UE points.

These are listed below.

Lea - Jud 8 and Agr 8
Com - Pas 8 and Con 8
Det - Agr 9
Fla - Con 9
Fks - Sho 9
Gsi - Sho 9

Res, Gam, Cha, Gnt, Pre, Tea, Pro Lts- no requirement.

Condition

Some tactics and tactical combinations are more demanding on a player’s fitness, and may leave them more tired than others.

Also, as players get older they won’t be able to recover from playing a match as quickly as they once could. Even with very high stamina, older players may lose condition more easily, and struggle to play two games in a week, especially if asked to carry out demanding tactics.

These change will be launched with the start of Game 121. They will also be active for other games once Game 121 has started.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:15 pm 

Hi there,
Ive been playing ue for a few years now and really enjoy doing so, i normally keep quiet on the forum on these topics but I just wanted to throw my two cents in. For what it's worth.

Respectfully,

1.The decision to have a minimum skill level to add an SA such as DET or GSI is such a confusing one to me. Surely a striker with 10 sho ability doesn't need a gsi SA as much as a striker who maybe has 8 for his sho ability. Or a player with 10 agg, does he need DET.? Especially as agg is an untrainable and unable to grow into an SA. This plays into the hands of bigger clubs who start with a better quality player, Although you may have all the money in the world and UE points at the start of a game, as a lesser team, you can't spend any ue points on the top SAs as none of your players will have the required level on each particular skill to put any on them. Meaning the thing that is supposed to level the playing field actually stops lesser clubs from improving.... Absolutely baffled on this one. This will, in my opinion , exaggerate the gap between big teams and lesser teams.

2. The addition of a 7th match tactic I think is unnecessary, surely if you wanted to add the ability to emphasize a particular tactic it would make more sense to just put it down twice on your tactic section of your mds.? In the relevant section..... def tactic mid tactic or att tactic.

3. If any work is to be done on tactics , i for one would like to see new tactics available to choose from in each section. It's the same old tactics for the most part, that everyone plays. And can become a bit monotonous when wanting a sea change and a change of style of play. Maybe even some new player positions LAM RAM AM CDM LDM RDM
some off the top of my head ...... and rename the current AM to DM or HM being defensive mid or holding mid. Am should mean attacking mid. This opens the game up to new formations styles of play.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how these new SA rules will effect the game if I am I would love to be corrected. But I think my logic is correct. Would love some feedback on this.

Thanks

Dan lane
Motherwell 120

Game 120 - Motherwell

Game 121 - chelsea and Viking

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for your thoughts Dan

A striker with shooting of 10 benefit from GSI as much as a striker with shooting of 8. The main reason for bringing this is, was players with aggression 5 being given the Determination SA, which didn’t really make sense. If there is a consensus, the requirements could be lowered.

The bigger teams in a HFG will be very heavily in debt and will have to sell a lot of players to get out of it, so there will be quality players available for the smaller clubs to buy. There will be lots of rest of the world players available to buy at the start of the game (which the bigger clubs can’t be in the market for until their debt is cleared) so there won’t be a shortage of players to put SAs on.

Emphasising one tactic is just one way it could be used. In defence most teams play either zonal or man marking, which gives you one other defensive tactic. The 7th tactic makes it possible to play combinations like off side trap and play out of defence together, and there many others.

If you want to suggest new tactics feel free to start a new thread doing so.

I can’t see how changing the AM position to HM or DM, or renaming FR to AM, would improve the game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:54 pm 

Thanks for the speedy response,

I guess time will tell as to wether or not the SA change will make a difference. My point being If gsi means the same to a player with 10 sho and a player of 8 sho, should a manager not be able to try and boost his 8 sho rated striker to get more goals in his hypothetical lesser team.? .... in this system the player is punished ......for instance say you wanted to build up a young a CF. You wack POT on him and want to add gsi to him as he is only an 8 sho but is a 37pv with high untrainables .surely it should be the managers choice who or what they spend their UE points on..? That's what gives this game it's individuality and allows managers to put there own touch on a team.

With the position names, i was advocating that new positions become available , not a name change..... and listed a few positions that could potentially be added CDM LDM RDM LAM RAM CAM. Changing AM to DM was to accomadate the "New " position names. Not just to needlessly change position names. Our wires crossed there a bit I think.

I will be in 121 regardless of these changes.... as I do love playing ue. And look forward to the new game

Thanks for your time

Game 120 - Motherwell

Game 121 - chelsea and Viking

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:41 pm 

The 9 Sho minimum for Gsi I'm not keen on. Not really fair on a TM.

Tottenham 117

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

Dan Lane wrote:
With the position names, i was advocating that new positions become available , not a name change..... and listed a few positions that could potentially be added CDM LDM RDM LAM RAM CAM. Changing AM to DM was to accomadate the "New " position names. Not just to needlessly change position names. Our wires crossed there a bit I think.

Would LDM be similar to a wing back, or more of a left central defensive midfield?

While you can’t specify L or R, you can play two AM or 3 CMs (or 2 CMs and an AM) with SD. Similarly CMs/PLs/FRs with FM and KP. Now there is a 7th tactic available you can do this alongside either PP or SD for more defensive security.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Captainplayer wrote:

Will review this on Monday when i’m In the office. Will consider lowering the 9s to 8s.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:17 pm 

I think they are great additions personally, always good to evolve the game. The slight drop from 9’s to 8’s would be a good idea / compromise tho maybe.

M’pellier112(S1-5
ICT113(S1
Napoli114(S1
M’pellier115(S1-2
M’pellier116(S1-2
MGB117(S1-6
PSV118(S1-3
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
R Sociedad121(S1-7)
Palace122
Girona123
Nacional124

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:13 pm 

What's your thoughts UE on removing dual SAs?

If I remember right it was me that suggested them in the first place, but now it's been tried I find myself wanting single SAs only. I believe it's better.

The minimum requirement level I like.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

muscles4851 wrote:
What's your thoughts UE on removing dual SAs?

If I remember right it was me that suggested them in the first place, but now it's been tried I find myself wanting single SAs only. I believe it's better.

The minimum requirement level I like.

While there is something purer about having just single SAs, I like Dual SAs. Can give players more colour.

If you want to start a thread to see if others agree that 1 SA a better, feel free to. I know they have become quite common in 120. An additional UE point cost for getting a second SA might help that, would be happy for that to be discussed too.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:55 pm 

Any chance of having a goal assists column for this new game? This has been asked for before and i think it will be good for when doing deals if say swapping a cm, pl or winger that doesn’t necessarily score loads but helps create for the team. I also think assists could be linked to strikers confidence as in game 120 i played 4-3-3 for a while & it was frustrating that if each striker didn't score at least every 3-4 games then his confidence would drop resulting in his stats dropping too including his pv at times even though he had good match & Average ratings & was setting goals up for others in the match report. Most managers then end up playing 4-5-1 so that they only need to keep 1 striker scoring.

Arsenal 117

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 am 

Would love an assist column

Tottenham 117

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:20 pm 

Yeah would love to see the assists as well if possible

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Assists are tricky because of some of the original coding for the game. Not impossible, but not something that can be considered for Game 121.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:54 pm 

Liking the changes in particular the 7th tactic is very intriguing opening up more possibilities to park the bus or go all out on that win or bust match.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:52 am 

Ben, what are the chances of a mid game tactical change being introduced?

Be great to be allowed to switch a tactic or 2 say in the 65th min if the side is losing.

Game 122 (Legends) - AC Milan
Game 122 (Legends) - Honved
Game 123 (EFG) - Bayern Munich
Game 124 (HFG) - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:50 am 
Site Admin

Matthew M wrote:
Ben, what are the chances of a mid game tactical change being introduced?

Be great to be allowed to switch a tactic or 2 say in the 65th min if the side is losing.

Not something that can be considered for 121.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:26 pm 

Admin wrote:
Captainplayer wrote:

Will review this on Monday when i’m In the office. Will consider lowering the 9s to 8s.

I personally think you are completely correct, even in lower teams you get strikers with 9 shot, and can easily acquire them as well. It has been a gripe of mine where AMs have gsi with 6 shot, 5 agg players with det like you said.

I think the idea is a great idea so roll with it!

Manchester City 121

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:26 am 

Can we have the number of subs in a matchday squad increased from 5 to 7 please?

This keeps it realistic and also promotes a squad game especially where we're told older players might not be able to play twice a week.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:23 pm 

Yeah I like the idea of 7 subs instead of 5.