Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: ideas
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:12 am 

this is my first game but have seen other game sheets and would like to see these two changes first a cash bonus think that would be good ,id like to see more cash rewards at end of season the amount of money directors cough up is not worth anything.
football is all about cash think there should be a payment based on your final league position each year ie 40 mill to 1st...38 mill to 2nd...36 mill to 3rd and so on on top of any prize money .

higher cash rewards for progressing through the stages of a cup or european competition as well

now that state of mind and morale is in the game id love a contract to be brought in at start of game you could have say players starting on a 1,2 or 3 season contract which drops as we go ,when a player hit his final season an option to offer a new 1,2 or 3 season contract is on the actions section there is then a few options.

1.......player is happy and sign contract (ie getting game time and team performing well for there standard)

2........player thinks team is not good enough for him and refuses to sign (ie salah has signed for exeter but after 3 seasons there still in division 3)

3........player not getting game time and wants to move on ( origi is not happy at liverpool because mane and firmino play every week and hes stuck on the bench)

the manager then has to decide to either move the player on ie sell or swap or let his contract run down if this happens then end of season player leaves and goes straight on to transfer list as a free agent allowing people to bid same as current end of season bids any player that moves to a new club at any point during the game starts on a 3 season contract .

this would stop the bigger teams holding on to say a 38pv 98oa player in there reserves just because there first team squad is better and could help to keep players moving within the game and keep interest high .

it will add a new dimension to end of season just imagine seeing mo salah refuse a contract and be available to bid on end of season because his team has just been relegated and he wants out

i know some dont like change but just throwing the ideas out there so agree or shoot me down if you want be interested to hear from ben as well as to if he thinks something like this would even be possible to place in the game

Post subject: Re: ideas
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:29 am 

Callum wrote:
this is my first game but have seen other game sheets and would like to see these two changes first a cash bonus think that would be good ,id like to see more cash rewards at end of season the amount of money directors cough up is not worth anything.
football is all about cash think there should be a payment based on your final league position each year ie 40 mill to 1st...38 mill to 2nd...36 mill to 3rd and so on on top of any prize money .

higher cash rewards for progressing through the stages of a cup or european competition as well

We already have this as far as I know, there is the TV money payment which is related to league position, cup runs etc

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:00 pm 

true but a team that finished runner up in prem and reached a cup final in a previous game only got 7 mill more than a team that finished midtable in division 3

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:59 pm 

Callum wrote:

now that state of mind and morale is in the game id love a contract to be brought in at start of game you could have say players starting on a 1,2 or 3 season contract which drops as we go ,when a player hit his final season an option to offer a new 1,2 or 3 season contract is on the actions section there is then a few options.

1.......player is happy and sign contract (ie getting game time and team performing well for there standard)

2........player thinks team is not good enough for him and refuses to sign (ie salah has signed for exeter but after 3 seasons there still in division 3)

3........player not getting game time and wants to move on ( origi is not happy at liverpool because mane and firmino play every week and hes stuck on the bench)

the manager then has to decide to either move the player on ie sell or swap or let his contract run down if this happens then end of season player leaves and goes straight on to transfer list as a free agent allowing people to bid same as current end of season bids any player that moves to a new club at any point during the game starts on a 3 season contract .

this would stop the bigger teams holding on to say a 38pv 98oa player in there reserves just because there first team squad is better and could help to keep players moving within the game and keep interest high .

it will add a new dimension to end of season just imagine seeing mo salah refuse a contract and be available to bid on end of season because his team has just been relegated and he wants out

i know some dont like change but just throwing the ideas out there so agree or shoot me down if you want be interested to hear from ben as well as to if he thinks something like this would even be possible to place in the game

Am I the only one who is thinking that you talk with a lot of experience about the end of season and how the games run..... with this being your first game :?

Anyway this is I suppose me shooting you down but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Celtic 99
Dundee United 102
Inverness 117
Liverpool 118
Liverpool 119
Glasgow Rangers 121

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 pm 

This is a play by mail not football manager

I’ve been in loads of games in UE over the years but this game is constantly people wanting changes

The game is fine......leave it as it is

No improvements required

Most people asking for changes are ones not doing so well

Stirling - game 107
Aberdeen - game 110
Dresden - game 112
Udinese - game 121
Vorskla Poltava - game 121
AZ alkmaar - Game 123
Nublense FC - Game 124

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:11 pm 

Rangers 121 wrote:
Callum wrote:

Am I the only one who is thinking that you talk with a lot of experience about the end of season and how the games run..... with this being your first game :?

Anyway this is I suppose me shooting you down but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

as i said followed this game with interest as i know somebody that plays it first time on my own team as for experience im bottom of my league... :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:14 pm 

Udinese wrote:

I’ve been in loads of games in UE over the years but this game is constantly people wanting changes

No improvements required

improvements not changes the new sa , state of mind , and 4 league system have all pushed the game up a level most will im sure agree

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:31 pm 

Callum wrote:
true but a team that finished runner up in prem and reached a cup final in a previous game only got 7 mill more than a team that finished midtable in division 3

And the problem there is?
Is there less merit in running a side in division 3 than in a top tier? A game like this needs managers at all levels. The managers who make this game what it is, are the souls who compete season in, season out without glory but who keep the game busy and provide the opposition for the Prem side you referred to.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:15 pm 

Fortuna Sittard 121 wrote:
Callum wrote:

And the problem there is?
Is there less merit in running a side in division 3 than in a top tier? A game like this needs managers at all levels. The managers who make this game what it is, are the souls who compete season in, season out without glory but who keep the game busy and provide the opposition for the Prem side you referred to.

using a division 3 side was probably a bad example and dont think he was suggesting smaller teams miss out but get where he is coming from if your runner up and cup finalist you should get a bigger cash pot end of season than a team that maybe just missed out on relegation as a sign of your achievement for the season

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:48 pm 

I think the rewards in place are quite generous as they are, but keep the suggestions coming Maxi.

Contracts would be a nightmare for Ben to manage/implement & would probably see the number of emails he receives doubled, so I think this one would also be a no go.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Everywhere they go!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 pm 

Callum wrote:
Udinese wrote:

No improvements required

improvements not changes the new sa , state of mind , and 4 league system have all pushed the game up a level most will im sure agree

It’s your “first game” yet you know how the game was before?

Some fucker is at the wind up here

Stirling - game 107
Aberdeen - game 110
Dresden - game 112
Udinese - game 121
AZ alkmaar - Game 123
Nublense FC - Game 124

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:19 pm 

he has posted twice above that he followed somebody else playing the game

OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:23 pm 

LUKE wrote:
he has posted twice above that he followed somebody else playing the game

Who did he “follow”

I smell shit

Stirling - game 107
Aberdeen - game 110
Dresden - game 112
Udinese - game 121
AZ alkmaar - Game 123
Nublense FC - Game 124

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:24 pm 

Proleter121 wrote:
I think the rewards in place are quite generous as they are, but keep the suggestions coming Maxi.

Contracts would be a nightmare for Ben to manage/implement & would probably see the number of emails he receives doubled, so I think this one would also be a no go.

Not this again..... :roll:

Ffs.

In reply to the idea, never liked or want contracts. I like hoarding players hence why my squads are always so big. But that’s my opinion.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:43 pm 

Everton 121 wrote:
Proleter121 wrote:

Not this again..... :roll:

Ffs.

In reply to the idea, never liked or want contracts. I like hoarding players hence why my squads are always so big. But that’s my opinion.

Apologies, my mistake, I mistook the original post as one of yours.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Everywhere they go!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:18 am 

is there a reason why the two of you (Proleter121 and Udinese) have come on here just to attack people thought that was only in whatsapp that happened.

OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:31 am 

LUKE wrote:
is there a reason why the two of you (Proleter121 and Udinese) have come on here just to attack people thought that was only in whatsapp that happened.

Sorry Luke, it was my mistake.

As per above I've apologised to Maxi.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:05 am 

The contract idea I believe is a horrible idea. Time and effort go into making a team not to mention the money we spend to play this game. You want all that hard work to be undone because Salah isn't happy at Exeter or wherever he's playing? Not for me sorry

More money for good cup runs and better league positions is a positive, could be easily implemented and would offer greater reward for better performance, something the majority could get on board with.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:30 am 

muscles4851 wrote:
The contract idea I believe is a horrible idea. Time and effort go into making a team not to mention the money we spend to play this game. You want all that hard work to be undone because Salah isn't happy at Exeter or wherever he's playing? Not for me sorry

dont think its a horrible idea but do see your point for a smaller team it was more a case of stopping bigger teams holding on to loads of players they never use and think it was you that said the game needs to be fair to all so only fair smaller teams have same rules but thanks for reply

More money for good cup runs and better league positions is a positive, could be easily implemented and would offer greater reward for better performance, something the majority could get on board with.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:00 pm 

LUKE wrote:

"attack people"

freedom of speech

if i feel there is something fishy going on i will say something.....that is my opinion and my right

no-one has to like it.....but dont go around saying im only on forum attacking people cos that is utter shite

Stirling - game 107
Aberdeen - game 110
Dresden - game 112
Udinese - game 121
AZ alkmaar - Game 123
Nublense FC - Game 124