Login    Forum    FAQ

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

Possibilities.

Presence (PRE) - big character who reassures defenders and make opposing forwards doubt themselves in a one on one (goalkeeper only)

Eg - Neuer

Professional (PRO) - A player who is a good example to those around him. Eats the right food, turns up to training early, leaves late.

Eg -Lampard

Attacking Nature (ATN) - His instinct is to attack, get forward as often as possible and try and make things happen. Best used in an attacking role. If used as say an AM, he may be ineffective at times as he will move forward when you're in possession and won't be there to screen the defense.

Pogba

Defensive Nature (DNT) - His instinct is to defend first and foremost. Will venture forward only when he is sure there is cover, and always put safety first.

Mascherano

Genius (GEN) - Can see things other players can't see and produce moments of magic in the game. Rare, can't be bought.

Robbie Fowler.

(Am aware GEN - gentleman who have to be renamed if GEN Genius was used.)

Just ideas, happy to hear any thoughts on if any of them should be used, and examples of modern day players they would apply to.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm 

PRE - Yes for me if it makes defenders play better and reduce their mistakes.

PRO - No for me as only way I see this benefiting your team is if players were to lose fitness due to poor lifestyles. It would also require fitness to negatively affect performance if it does not already.

ATN - Yes but it needs to show in goals for and maybe against.

DNT - Yes as with ATN

GEN - No, I don't believe there are many about and can't see the value.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:04 pm 

Genius for me is a good one but has to be super rare. Like of Le Tissier should have it.

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:19 pm 

What’s this game coming to? You’ve pretty much taken the fun out of it these past few years with all these SA and karma points. One of the good teams will more than likely be few of SA’s before the season starts.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm 

fyffee wrote:
What’s this game coming to? You’ve pretty much taken the fun out of it these past few years with all these SA and karma points. One of the good teams will more than likely be few of SA’s before the season starts.

Are you playing any of the games?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm 

I agree sa ruin the game when on view what about hidden sa ie van djik might have Det and lea built in to his player then play the game without the ability to buy sa, when you can stick Gsi on a defender it makes a farse of players.
Potential should also be swapped. Just have pot built in to players ie deli alli will have it and will progress faster as a result.
When i can put Gsi and pot on a div 1 striker and he ends up better that messi that when the fun goes for me

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:46 pm 

muscles4851 wrote:
fyffee wrote:

Yeah I’ve changed my name.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:18 pm 

I personally like SA but don't think the game should be awash with them, out of the ones mentioned I think PRE and GEN would add something to the game and maybe PRO in a small way, not sure the other two would enhance the game or be found to be particulary beneficial ?

M’pellier112(S1-5)
Inverness113(S1)
Napoli114(S1)
M’pellier115(S1-2)
M’pellier116(S1-2)
MGB117(S1-6)
PSV118(S1-3)
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
Real Sociedad 121
Palace122

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

If you think SAs should be hidden or teams shouldn't have UE points, by all means start a thread championing that game. If there is enough demand for it, it's something I'll consider.

But that will not be the case in 120.

Please keep on topic, and comment on whether you think the new SAs would be a good idea or not.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Natty O wrote:
I personally like SA but don't think the game should be awash with them, out of the ones mentioned I think PRE and GEN would add something to the game and maybe PRO in a small way, not sure the other two would enhance the game or be found to be particular beneficial ?

Attacking Instinct came from Pogba. He's got a lot of attributes, and should be a complete central midfielder. But he's reluctant to sit deeper when his manager ask him too, and seems like his instinct is to go forward. And it may be that he is better suited to a 3 man central midfield than in a 2, where more discipline is needed at times. It was a way of reflecting that. Also Paulinho, who despite being a central midfielder gets forward all the time, and often seems to be playing up front.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:46 pm 

Yes good idea then I agree, as long as the match engine reflects the negatives and positives of each of them, could be an interesting factor to consider when setting up a line up.

M’pellier112(S1-5)
Inverness113(S1)
Napoli114(S1)
M’pellier115(S1-2)
M’pellier116(S1-2)
MGB117(S1-6)
PSV118(S1-3)
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
Real Sociedad 121
Palace122

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:55 pm 

fyffee wrote:
muscles4851 wrote:
fyffee wrote:

Yeah I’ve changed my name.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:57 pm 

liverpool wrote:
I agree sa ruin the game when on view what about hidden sa ie van djik might have Det and lea built in to his player then play the game without the ability to buy sa, when you can stick Gsi on a defender it makes a farse of players.
Potential should also be swapped. Just have pot built in to players ie deli alli will have it and will progress faster as a result.
When i can put Gsi and pot on a div 1 striker and he ends up better that messi that when the fun goes for me

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=53152

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 pm 

I like the goalkeeper one, that area is lacking a SA

Pro is good concept

The others I feel are already covered in the game: (genius - vision/fla, atn/dtn: judgement/exp), also would already expect for example that a midfielder who had good attacking stats and lower defending stats would already be playing more attacking.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 pm 

Really like the goalkeeper one, the game needs that one I think.

Pro is similar to experience I would say? Not sure on the attacking/defensive instinct unless it was really reflected in the match report to be shown to make a difference

Previous
Newcastle 75, Sampdoria 84, Real Madrid 96, Udinese 100, Newcastle 108, Brescia 112, Padova 119, Stuttgart 120, Bologna & Tromso 121

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 pm 

liverpool wrote:

Question.

How would the small sides be able to compete with the big teams if you cant make smaller players better?

Just because Messi is the best in real life doesnt mean he has to be the best in a fantasy football game, i mean the game would be boring as hell if the players were as good as real life and who would want to manage the smaller sides then?

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 pm 

Presence (PRE) - big character who reassures defenders and make opposing forwards doubt themselves in a one on one (goalkeeper only)

Like this, but should be a rarity. So in that case unless a GK knowingly has it in real life, make it cost like 12 points to implement otherwise you will have too many make this SA not worth buying.

Professional (PRO) - A player who is a good example to those around him. Eats the right food, turns up to training early, leaves late.

Maybe, but to me this is neither here or there. So if its in, fine but itf its not fine. Either way its not something i'll ever purchase, like SA Gentleman.

Attacking Nature (ATN) - His instinct is to attack, get forward as often as possible and try and make things happen. Best used in an attacking role. If used as say an AM, he may be ineffective at times as he will move forward when you're in possession and won't be there to screen the defense.

Like this one, with the right tactics could be effective as hell. Deffo a thumbs up here!

Defensive Nature (DNT) - His instinct is to defend first and foremost. Will venture forward only when he is sure there is cover, and always put safety first.

Like ATN, for the same reason as well.

Genius (GEN) - Can see things other players can't see and produce moments of magic in the game. Rare, can't be bought.

This is my fave! Love this but should be something that is extremely rare when starting a game, however if its available to buy then maybe you have to pay say 15 points for it and before hand a player must have POT and at least 1 other SA before being allowed to buy this otherwise you could end up with Bakayoko of Chelsea with this SA when he's fact he's a mediocre player at best. Worst case scenario is we see average players with this brilliant SA which would be stupid.

Thats my opinions.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 pm 

muscles4851 wrote:
fyffee wrote:

I'm with Gary. You ain't even in the game mate, when you are you leave and comeback time and time again saying you regret leaving in the first place :lol:

Times have changed Fyffe, and UE is just moving with the times. So you better get used it matey, we all are ;)

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 pm 

Matthew M wrote:
muscles4851 wrote:
fyffee wrote:

I'm with Gary. You ain't even in the game mate, when you are you leave and comeback time and time again saying you regret leaving in the first place :lol:

Times have changed Fyffe, and UE is just moving with the times. So you better get used it matey, we all are ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me, you and Gary are doing well.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 pm 

Doing well? Wouldn't say that, 119 going ok, 117 not so much, but I'll keep tweaking.

My original point is if you aren't playing try not to run the game down with negative comments. If you are playing them my apologies and crack on.