Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: Next HFG
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:59 pm 

Just interested in if it will be this year? Just working out where I next put a season ticket, as I don't really like having more than 2 teams, but would like to join the next HFG

Previous
Newcastle 75, Sampdoria 84, Real Madrid 96, Udinese 100, Newcastle 108, Brescia 112, Padova 119, Stuttgart 120, Bologna & Tromso 121

Post subject: Re: Next HFG
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:39 pm 

Me and Ben are still deciding on this, we will keep talking and come back to you when we have made our decision.

Thank you for your patience.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:29 am 

thegulls wrote:
Me and Ben are still deciding on this, we will keep talking and come back to you when we have made our decision.

Thank you for your patience.

You wish.. :lol: :lol:

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:31 am 

Dan_139 wrote:
Just interested in if it will be this year? Just working out where I next put a season ticket, as I don't really like having more than 2 teams, but would like to join the next HFG

Won’t be for a few months I don’t think mate, so stick the ST on Padova and turn the club around mate ;)

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Dan_139 wrote:

I haven't given any details of the next new game that much thought other than it won't be a legends game. Am happy for it to be discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:45 pm 

HFG for me with no duplicate names and ABSOLUTELY NO stupid names. The crazy names are ruining the game but that's just my opinion.

Also not a fan of negative karma for bigger teams and smaller teams getting so many points as well. Fair to say i wasn't a fan of 120 :lol:

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

themouth1888 wrote:
HFG for me with no duplicate names and ABSOLUTELY NO stupid names. The crazy names are ruining the game but that's just my opinion.

Also not a fan of negative karma for bigger teams and smaller teams getting so many points as well. Fair to say i wasn't a fan of 120 :lol:

Karma names are monitered now, so silly names are filtered out. Don't think any teams will start with any Karma. As always with HFGs, the big teams will be VERY in debt and smaller teams have money to burn. Less UE points needed as money bridges the gap.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 pm 

Matthew M wrote:
Dan_139 wrote:

Won’t be for a few months I don’t think mate, so stick the ST on Padova and turn the club around mate ;)

I don't think it will be mate. I've got ticket til T2 S5 but that game has run its race for me. I will fight to stay up this season but I made too many mistakes earlier in the game! My side in 120 holds much more interest for me so will stick a ticket on that one for season 3 and wait for the new game

Previous
Newcastle 75, Sampdoria 84, Real Madrid 96, Udinese 100, Newcastle 108, Brescia 112, Padova 119, Stuttgart 120, Bologna & Tromso 121

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:15 pm 

Admin wrote:
Dan_139 wrote:

I haven't given any details of the next new game that much thought other than it won't be a legends game. Am happy for it to be discussed here.

What sort of timescale though? This year or next?

Previous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

I don't want to give a timescale at the moment. But I'm happy for others to discuss it here.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:21 pm 

whats a hfg?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:03 pm 

matttennant wrote:
whats a hfg?

Stands for Hard format game.

It's a tougher game, slower rises, teams start a little lower on quality, big teams start 250-300 million in debt and must sell players immediately. The game generally last longer. The current HFG is about to go into season 7.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:00 pm 

cheers

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:42 am 

Admin wrote:
themouth1888 wrote:

Karma names are monitered now, so silly names are filtered out. Don't think any teams will start with any Karma. As always with HFGs, the big teams will be VERY in debt and smaller teams have money to burn. Less UE points needed as money bridges the gap.

not sure if im the only one that thinks this but with HFG i look to spend big as these games normally last a lot longer than normal ,but the idea of big teams will be VERY in debt i think is totally wrong in the last HFG i took on liverpool my supported team because i wanted the chance to run my club with its real life players ,as a result i spent a small fortune to get this team only to find they were so heavy in debt i had to sell half the squad just to get even.
as a result i see no point in bidding massive amounts of cash to get a big team only to have to strip them to clear the debt ,as such i think UE is doing itself out of cash because people would pay more if this was not the case.
big teams should start no more than 50 million in debt but should have a minus 10 points to start and a 3 turn ban on inward transfers to allow smaller clubs with there cash to snap up players from unmanaged teams.
just my opinion but if big clubs are heavy in debt then its a small bid for a small team for me .

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:46 pm 

Personally speaking I feel a few changes would make the HFG better. Some recent changes have made the game better, but I think they need scaled down a bit.

Karma players - I don't feel karma players should be allowed in the HFG, why swap and train when you can just create. By all means keep karma for injuries etc etc I just feel no players should be created.

UE points - they're to easy to buy, they should be much more expensive to buy.

Dual Sa - don't like this feature and I'd love to see it done away with in the HFG format. One SA a player is enough.

Loyalty points - not needed for me, especially the 3 at start of season.

These opinions won't be popular I know, but they're mine.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:46 pm 

LUKE wrote:
Admin wrote:
themouth1888 wrote:

not sure if im the only one that thinks this but with HFG i look to spend big as these games normally last a lot longer than normal ,but the idea of big teams will be VERY in debt i think is totally wrong in the last HFG i took on liverpool my supported team because i wanted the chance to run my club with its real life players ,as a result i spent a small fortune to get this team only to find they were so heavy in debt i had to sell half the squad just to get even.
as a result i see no point in bidding massive amounts of cash to get a big team only to have to strip them to clear the debt ,as such i think UE is doing itself out of cash because people would pay more if this was not the case.
big teams should start no more than 50 million in debt but should have a minus 10 points to start and a 3 turn ban on inward transfers to allow smaller clubs with there cash to snap up players from unmanaged teams.
just my opinion but if big clubs are heavy in debt then its a small bid for a small team for me .

Some valid points, I agree perhaps not so heavily in debt so having to sacrifice 3/4 of the best players but perhaps 1 to balance the books.

The transfer ban wouldn't work though I don't think, the expensive scouts will still be out of reach cash wise to the debted bigger clubs in the first few turns anyway... And even so if a large club such as real Madrid sold Bale and Isco for huge money in the first turn to smaller clubs to be able to afford a bid on the next south American wonder kid that's fair to me

Previous

Post Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:52 pm 

muscles4851 wrote:
Personally speaking I feel a few changes would make the HFG better. Some recent changes have made the game better, but I think they need scaled down a bit.

Karma players - I don't feel karma players should be allowed in the HFG, why swap and train when you can just create. By all means keep karma for injuries etc etc I just feel no players should be created.

UE points - they're to easy to buy, they should be much more expensive to buy.

Dual Sa - don't like this feature and I'd love to see it done away with in the HFG format. One SA a player is enough.

Loyalty points - not needed for me, especially the 3 at start of season.

These opinions won't be popular I know, but they're mine.

Again valid points Gary, here's my take

Karma players are good for the game, but should be 1000 points or so in a HFG I would think, so not so easily available. I agree why swap and train for 6 turns when you can save up enough karma in that time to create the youth prospect you want.

UE points are probably too cheap, but if you play the game well to raise the cash to buy them that's said managers perogative

SAs I agree on. The only dual SA available should be the ones you can't buy, such as loyalty, experience, genius. Messi and Ronaldo for me are Genius and should be afforded that right alongside a standard SA

Loyalty points are just that, 8 in a season pays for one good SA so not flooding the game with them. I see your point of view its easy points, but a perk for being loyal and keeping the game alive

Previous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:44 pm 

Some great points, ideas and opinions I think and will never be able to please anybody.

Karma, I think is good for the game too, I personally can't see how you can get 350 points in 6 weeks, takes me a season ! but maybe limit how many Karma players you can create - 1 per season maybe ? Can't see how this would ruin the transfer market to be honest.
I think 350 points is about right, but I agree small teams starting with 1000 points is too generous maybe.

UE points, I think maybe increase this slightly, maybe £15m per point ? Agree on the Dual SA too with the caviat of allowing 'natural' SA (exp/loy...etc) alongside another SA.

Loyalty points I also agree with but think it should only be applicable if you submit MDS's. Don't think it does.

My main gripes for improvement would be ;

1. More incentive for managing res/youth teams, I don't think there is enough and I think if there was then it would naturally give more activity in transfer market and deals as more managers would be inclined to run the squads.

2. More incentive for success. The cash rewards for wining leagues and cups is so out of date with how much money is within the game. £4m for winning reserve league which you might plough 10 times that to build a squad. £10m for winning 1st team league ?? You can make profit on a scout find with that regulary throughout the season ! Just doesn't seem a big incentive to win the league for me. I'm not even saying it should be a big cash increase, could be Karma, SA, UE points...or combination ?

M’pellier112(S1-5)
Inverness113(S1)
Napoli114(S1)
M’pellier115(S1-2)
M’pellier116(S1-2)
MGB117(S1-6)
PSV118(S1-3)
Leicester119(S1-79)
Cheltenham/Tenerife120(S1-7)
Real Sociedad 121
Palace122

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:31 pm 

LUKE wrote:
Admin wrote:
themouth1888 wrote:

I disagree, the bigger the team means the more popular it is so its right that UE use this to their advantage. The thing is you've had Liverpool 2 or 3 times now with minimal success, so wouldn't you want to try a smaller side or an alternative side from the start anyway? You may find you might enjoy it far more. Especially that you wont have to sell your top players from the start.

The more money and points the smaller sides get makes them far more attractive to manage and at the end of the day we all want a fair and busy game. So again it'll be a small side for me.

Dan_139 wrote:
Again valid points Gary, here's my take

Karma players are good for the game, but should be 1000 points or so in a HFG I would think, so not so easily available. I agree why swap and train for 6 turns when you can save up enough karma in that time to create the youth prospect you want.

UE points are probably too cheap, but if you play the game well to raise the cash to buy them that's said managers perogative

SAs I agree on. The only dual SA available should be the ones you can't buy, such as loyalty, experience, genius. Messi and Ronaldo for me are Genius and should be afforded that right alongside a standard SA

Loyalty points are just that, 8 in a season pays for one good SA so not flooding the game with them. I see your point of view its easy points, but a perk for being loyal and keeping the game alive

Im happy with the 10m per point, sounds about right. You only have to look at sides in legends game for example, we are in season 5 and some managed sides still only have 1 SA on players.

I would NOT have a transfer ban, simply because so many managers like to buy and sell on for profit in order to build up cash to buy points. Personally without wanting to insult or offend anyone, think the majority of people who oppose this idea only do because they cant be arsed to put the work in to do all that to build up cash. But that's my opinion.

Personally think Karma is a waste of time, its ok in some respects like creating a player but now I've done that and now we are restricted to who we are allowed to create i wont bother spending it unless its for an injury and even then we can only do it once. I think a lot of clubs have well over 1000 karma sitting there with nothing to spend it on, So yeah get rid of it for me.

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:20 pm 

Before you put in cheap shots get your facts correct I've had Liverpool 3 times won uefa cup in my 1st ever ue game and won everything I could in 114 so nice dig but your need a few more to climb out that hole your in

GAMES PLAYED..........X 10
LEAGUE TITLES.........X 6
OTHER PROMOTIONS..X 12
DOMESTIC CUP WINS X 6
EURO/UEFA /SUPPER CUP WINS X 4