Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: GAME ISSUES
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm 

First, i would just like to say this is by no means a criticism of Ben and the work he has done in the game as a one-man band, and he has tried to improve the game a lot lately with legend games, extra division in England, friendlys on week 1, etc!

Having said that for the longevity of the game i think certain issues need addressing as soon as

1 eos rises
yes, i totally agree that we don't want high oa players in season 2/3 of a game but I do think the rises need restructuring, I understand first team rises are slower as they are already high valued/oa players already, and i think the first team rises were fair across the game. but i think reserves and youths need addressing i run y its and res all season and had around 5 rises in 45 players which i understand they haven't played first-team football but they have played in a youth and reserve team all season so they should rise, and as this is a paid for option I'm seriously doubting if it an option worth taking up this season.

2 unmanaged and rest of world teams improvements
I don't understand why their isnt player activity in unmanaged and rest of world teams, why shouldn't they rise, if an unmanaged team had a good eos they would have a good chance of someone taking them over as we have numerous managers who like running several teams in one game, also why don't rest of world teams have any rises, you can safely scout a team once in a season and it will unlikely change all season, we need to make scouting worthwhile and this needs looking at in my opinion.

please post up your opinions in what is working and what isn't in the game as this is Bens livelyhood so I'm sure he would be interested in peoples opinions :)

Post subject: Re: GAME ISSUES
 Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:40 pm 

I hope you don't mind my impartial opinion on this mate.

FCPorto/Aberdeen119 wrote:
1 eos rises
yes, i totally agree that we don't want high oa players in season 2/3 of a game but I do think the rises need restructuring, I understand first team rises are slower as they are already high valued/oa players already, and i think the first team rises were fair across the game. but i think reserves and youths need addressing i run y its and res all season and had around 5 rises in 45 players which i understand they haven't played first-team football but they have played in a youth and reserve team all season so they should rise, and as this is a paid for option I'm seriously doubting if it an option worth taking up this season.

I have to agree and say i think those managers who actually take the time to manage their youths and reserves should have better rises, it doesn't really affect me as i don't manage either but if this was brought in to the game it may tempt me and others guys to want to give them a whirl as at the moment all i do is buy youngsters that i think will come good but leave them in the youths and reserves until they do then i sell or swap on. But certainly think this would be a positive idea. My only gripe about EoS is you get the people moaning when rises are really simple. POT doesnt prevent drops, it only enhances chance of rises through training that player. Also if you have a load of 30+ players, the chances are you're really not going to have rises. Ok you will have the odd 1 or 2 who will rise yeah but on the whole they wont. I think we need to bare all that in mind in future this isn't aimed at anyone in particular either, just an observation based on experience.

FCPorto/Aberdeen119 wrote:
2 unmanaged and rest of world teams improvements
I don't understand why their isnt player activity in unmanaged and rest of world teams, why shouldn't they rise, if an unmanaged team had a good eos they would have a good chance of someone taking them over as we have numerous managers who like running several teams in one game, also why don't rest of world teams have any rises, you can safely scout a team once in a season and it will unlikely change all season, we need to make scouting worthwhile and this needs looking at in my opinion.

Again have to agree with you here, something I've been campaigning for a long time. I mean i signed Eusabio over this seasons Eos and he's still a 103 OA where he has been for over 2 seasons since Terry left Molde. But the idea of all sides improving managed or unmanaged means that the unmanaged sides will be more appealing for new managers looking to partake in another game. This will also improve longevity in games.

So both get a thumbs up from me :)

Game 122 - AC Milan
Game 122 - Honved
Game 123 - Bayern Munich
Game 124 - Al Nassr

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:23 am 

I'll give my view on the rises part of the game.

The rises need to be realistic, having a first team player rise 6oa and 3pv is unsustainable in my opinion. Don't cut them completely but just calm them a touch.

Now where this could and probably should be different is for players UNDER the age of 21, if that young player has got good experience and played many games he should get better rises as this is realistic.

Players in the youth, if managed and coached and if he plays should get decent rises, not as good as he would get playing first team but still rises.

Every now and again, if a young player is very very good, gets experience in youth, then they should get strong rises. This is like real life, the experience for top youngsters does them good.

Potential addition, would be good rises for under 21s that go on loan for almost a full season, this would also be realistic.

Not sure if you can do all that, if you can't then I'm happy with the way it is.

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am 

More rises in youth and reserves for people who take the time to manage them would be nice, but nothing too excessive imo. For the first team rises, I kind of think we have it correct as it stands, nobody wants every team to have 11 players who are 109 oa 39 Pv,

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am 

Would also like to see unmanaged teams make moves on players and have rises also

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:09 pm 

My 116 Boro team by S3/4 had several youth players from S1 in it due to me managing the youths every season and playing them. They had developed into top players and deserved to be in the first team. This is unheard of in the last few games. Would be great if we could get this back. Investing time in the youth is a great part of the game.

GAME 121BrentfordLeague Cup S1, Div 1 S4
Game 121RandersDiv 1 S2, Champs S4,S5, FA Cup S3,S5,

Post Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:45 pm 

I had a few issues with eos in 119 which is no secret.

Was disappointed with some of the drops my team got especially some pot players of note. Ben has got back to me with a response which is fair enough.

I’m with others in that I would like to see greater rises with youths and reserve players. My first team way Alaves in 117 and bought players and controlled both teams. I may be wrong but I’m sure around 2 or seasons after I took over I think 7 or 8 players in my first team come through the ranks. Made it very enjoyable but nowadays i will quickly sell youth and reserve players. Maybe something that could be looked at? Not saying make everyone rise quickly but just the way it used to be.

My other issue is unmanaged teams player not progressing. It makes some teams less attractive to any new mangers and wastes some players as well. Is there anyway this can be changed? If anything there is a potential for more money to be made by UE with this.

Game121: F Sittard
Game 122: Arsenal, Esbjerg, Hajduk Split