Login    Forum    FAQ

Post subject: International Management
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:11 am 

As discussed on the 121 podcast last night, one idea I had around a change to international management would be two fold:

*Start the international games later on in the season - say for example week 10 or 12, which will still allow the games to be completed in time. This would mean that the teams aren't only being taken on for scouting purposes as the majority of scouts should have been snapped up by this point
*Award managers the opportunity to be offered an international management job by being the highest performing manager in that nation - for example, if you are the manager of Getafe in division 3 and have the highest DC of all Spanish teams, then you would be offered the Spanish national team job. This will reward managers from all divisions and could be offered by a message being shown on the first page of your turn, for which you could then apply the following week on the mds - or that option is replaced with "Accept - Nation Name", or something similar. If this message is ignored/not accepted, then the following week it will then get offered to the next highest rated dc manager.

In season 2, with the nations involved for a World Cup not having managers based in those domestic divisions, these could almost be 'premium sides' that are then offered out to the highest performing managers regardless of nation, with the same rule applying if the invitation is ignored.

Keen to get some feedback on this - it might work, it might not, but would take away the lottery of everyone going for Brazil or Argentina at the start of S2, as an example.

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:21 am 

I liked your idea of the award of national management according to DC. I presume the manager would be able to turn down the opportunity if it didn't appeal or if they had been awarded Latvia but wanted to apply for Brazil.

The easiest change to prevent abuse of international management is something I posted on here a couple of months back.
A player should only appear in the statistical list for a national side once he is in the squad of a team within the five managed leagues. Until that time he remains totally obscured by the fog of war.
Any manager taking a national team would be free to use his club scouting to dual purpose: hunting to buy and to find options for his World Cup campaign.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:40 am 

I really dislike that dc will even involved. Means teams in lower league who get knocked out of cup early will be at a disadvantage. Take for instance my first cup game as levante was juventus, absolutely smashed and out by week 3
So no cup run and no extra dc pts available, so this would favour big teams
In my opinion of corse

Plus I assume extra dc is available to teams in Europe aswell

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 pm 

Yeh Like this idea of DC being used for this.

Alloa Athletic 115/117
117 European Cup Winners

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:48 pm 

If DC were used, i'd like to see a significant drop in Directors Confidence (15%+) if said International Manager does a bad job.

Getafe 112

Proleter 121

Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Chelsea get sanctioned, everywhere they go! Everywhere they go!

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:17 pm 

I think a later start in the season for international teams would work
And perhaps a punishment of karma pts for no international game turn sent in

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:19 pm 

Many believe International teams are used purely for scouting and yes I totally get that.

Let's be honest though DC as an invitation, GOD NO!!!!

This would benefit the big sides as they have the better sides and penalise the teams trying to build for the future where results are harder to come by.

DC already lets the better, more early organised teams big more for a player.

Do this and it's another nail in the smaller clubs coffins and causes less managers in a game.

Either leave it how it is or get rid altogether.

Every week we here how much we love the game but here's another 50 changes required as this week "too many points in the game but lets reward better players with more points to use on them"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 pm 

I could be wrong, but the so called smaller sides are the only ones allowed in to the league Cup, so can generate their increases to DC via this channel, and also, wins and league performance will be relative to the division that a team is competing in.

E.g. a team in division 4 who are in the top 3 or 4 will have a better DC than those who are struggling in the top league.

Interesting comments though chaps

Previously:
115 - Lazio
117 - Basel
119 - Zaragoza, Nottingham Forest
120 - Fulham
121 - Ajax, Metalurg, Deportivo, Verona

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:44 pm 

Actually it would be interesting to find out what teams come the end of the season this year have as there d/c

I would be more then impressed if a div 3/4 team are anywhere near the top in there country.

I mean its not a bad idea and rewards those that have done well but clearly favours teams that have a ready made team week 1 who cant start getting results early.

Any ideas how we could get past this?

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:28 pm 

DC normally evens itself out over the course of the game and the season.

At the moment it may appear frustrating the levels over Max value being restricted but keep plodding away. You are top of the league so your DC will be relatively high anyway.

You bemoan Cup competitions but don't forget you have the League Cup to play in and can mirror the number of games a Champions League entrant will play so like I said it does even itself out.

This game is designed for the long haul not a quick fix!

Benfica - Game 121

Besiktas - Game 122

We are not a defensive team. I say we are a strong team in defensive terms, but at the same time lacking sufficient fluidity in attack because that will take time to come.

(07723) 676190 Happy to Help

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:36 pm 

O no im very happy with my d/c just my observation on how i believe the idea of a international team being awarded at the end of the season to the team with the highest d/c is slightly flawed.

Thats why i reckon we should come back to this idea at the end of the season and see what teams have the highest dc I think we will see a pattern

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:24 pm 

I like this idea a lot, maybe it could have a separate DC for league games only and work off that? Cup games being void from the international DC?

I would like to see maybe any odds selector from UE and managers being allowed to bet 100 karma points or so on who may win the whole thing:

France - 2/1
Germany - 4/1
England - Unlimited Karma Points!

I know people may say corruption might take a part in the game, but it’s a bit of fun without having to manage a national team and being able to root for one.

Gornik Zabrze - 121